Ignoring entire threads?

I know that I've asked this in other sub-forums, but I may as well make it an official request: is there a way to kill or ignore entire threads? Of course, individual members can be ignored, but irritating threads never die--especially the frink thread and anything involving D Licious and his alter egos.

From what I hear, some of the posters on The Frink Thread should consider taking up a career in writing Erotic Novels or a staff position on Cinemax After Dark....

Also, is there a way for the mods to give the whiners and cryababies their own forum where they can bitch and complain about everything D Licious does all the time?

Seriously, get your own lives kids. :rolleyes:

-D

This request from the user is 100% legitimate and hopefully it is an easy code change to implement and it will see the light of day soon.

This request from the user is 100% legitimate and hopefully it is an easy code change to implement and it will see the light of day soon.

I agree. I actually have use for checking the frink thread from time to time to see pictures i haven't seen yet but I'd understand wanting to not have it around if you're not interested in such poppycock

I have to say putting D licious on ignore doesn't help much when EVERYONE has to comment back to him and of course use "Quotes"! why do I even bother!

I have to say putting D licious on ignore doesn't help much when EVERYONE has to comment back to him and of course use "Quotes"! why do I even bother!

You're a total newbie and ever since you started coming here you've been attacking me for no reason other than (maybe) jealousy. I haven't ever said anything about you, yet you continue to badmouth me every chance you get. Whatever!
I don't even read most of your posts coz as you say yourself... YOU are a crashing bore.

Cheers
-D

Last edited:
You're a total newbie and ever since you started coming here you've been attacking me for no reason other than (maybe) jealousy. I haven't ever said anything about, yet you continue to badmouth me every chance you get. Whatever!
I don't even read most of your posts coz as you say yourself... YOU are a crashing bore.

Cheers
-D
Ouch. Kitty has claws.

*sigh* dammit there goes someone quoting again. ignore is worthless half the time.
i've been here since 2005 just never signed up for the threads on the forum, not that I need to explain myself.
And I don't really care what you think of me. At least Im presenting myself as who I actually am.

*sigh* dammit there goes someone quoting again. ignore is worthless half the time.
i've been here since 2005 just never signed up for the threads on the forum, not that I need to explain myself.
And I don't really care what you think of me. At least Im presenting myself as who I actually am.

EyeRollM.jpg

Congratulations then, now stop talking smack about me and continue being a bore. :cool:

I agree that the ignore feature doesn't really work.

I have tried to use it but I have 2 problems. 1 people quote, 2 I have to moderate.

I have to say that after eight months, I'm getting tired of the low signal-to-noise ratio on Morrissey-solo. I don't have hours to spend on the site, so when I come here, I want to see whether there's anything newsworthy (especially regarding the recent show cancellations) without having to wade through the dross. Perhaps we can have a separate main forum for fanboys & -girls, although Balkanizing the forums seems to have a detrimental effect. (I find that I read the Marketplace and Collectors Corner far less now than before the latter was spun off.)

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood lately for being able to see only one of the five shows that I'd planned to attend.

I agree with you not-right.

I think the biggest problem is hi-jacking in the General section.

In someways, we have just hi-jacked this thread, but we have done it as a tangent to the original post and I don't think that is bad.

I think it becomes a problem when the hi-jacking turns a thread into the chat room.

I agree with you not-right.

I think the biggest problem is hi-jacking in the General section.

In someways, we have just hi-jacked this thread, but we have done it as a tangent to the original post and I don't think that is bad.

I think it becomes a problem when the hi-jacking turns a thread into the chat room.

The hijacking seems to come from one source and one source only , we all know who that is.
I guess i could just ignore the culprit but he has to post on every f***ing thread there is and if you don't agree with him then god help you.

The hijacking seems to come from one source and one source only , we all know who that is.
I guess i could just ignore the culprit but he has to post on every f***ing thread there is and if you don't agree with him then god help you.

:) Believe me, (s)he's not the only person whose presence instantly cries out for an ignore-thread feature, as far as I'm concerned. But I'm not naming other names; I'm already coming across as the curmudgeon that I am.

:) Believe me, (s)he's not the only person whose presence instantly cries out for an ignore-thread feature, as far as I'm concerned. But I'm not naming other names; I'm already coming across as the curmudgeon that I am.

I don't think anyone's going to loose any sleep knowing that you despise them....

It is the rise of pointless threads and threads with such negativity and hate in them that have turned away people from these boards. It is rightly pointed out that important threads in General Discussion are being pushed down by worthless points of discussion that belong in the Off-Topic section. I still visit everyday but rarely post now because there doesn't seem to be any threads that are worth it now. All there is is hate and general stupidity and bickering. I am in favour of this ignore feature.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom