Ignoring entire threads?

I don`t understand all the fuss myself.To be honest there really isn`t a huge amount of real news about Morrissey to discuss.I think every single finite detail of his life has been analysed on the general anyway.Where is there to go?.As for stopping threads how outrageous.We are not all OAPS discussing which knitting pattern is in this week.Its a free discussion forum on off topic and people should be able to say what they want.If you don`t like someone`s post its your choice to ignore.Get a life peeps its only a forum.I`m sitting here on several at a time and its only because my kids are driving me mental.Its this or hole myself up in the loft to escape.

I didn't start this thread to have a debate over whether & who wanted the ignore-thread feature. I & several others want it, and we're asking whether it's within the realm of possibility. If you have a higher tolerance for the loads of crap that are posted here every day, more power to you--you don't have to use the feature. Sheesh.

what is OAPS? I'm afraid I'm not geek enough to understand all acronyms.

what is OAPS? I'm afraid I'm not geek enough to understand all acronyms.

Old Age Pensioners.

Hellie was being both ageist and anti-knittingist. When I take my rightful place as Supreme Ruler of the Internet she'll find her IP blocked permanently. :p

must be a UK term. same as social security i assume :p
oh i knit sometimes when the mood strikes me and im 26! knitting is cool again didn't you get the memo?

must be a UK term. same as social security i assume :p
oh i knit sometimes when the mood strikes me and im 26! knitting is cool again didn't you get the memo?
Me too, i am an avid knitter, sewer and am currently making a crochet blankie.

You're trying to make me ignore a thread that I started![/QUOTE]

Ah, well, obviously, what I was going to say next was that I think it would be a great idea to be able to ignore entire threads if it would save time scrolling down over the crap ones. This time-saving would equal less needle-downtime and thus make the forums easier to read while knitting. :)

Last edited:
Ah, well, obviously, what I was going to say next was that I think it would be a great idea to be able to ignore entire threads if it would save time scrolling down over the crap ones. This time-saving would equal less needle-downtime and thus make the forums easier to read while knitting. :)
seconded!

how about a "keyword" ignore feature? Put in "Madonna, Princess Diana, He-Man, Mike Joyce", and have all posts with those words disappear. It would make for a much more pleasant experience at solo. :D

how about a "keyword" ignore feature? Put in "Madonna, Princess Diana, He-Man, Mike Joyce", and have all posts with those words disappear. It would make for a much more pleasant experience at solo. :D

and only three pages long LOLOL

remove also 'frink' and it would only be 1/2 a page :p

I didn't start this thread to have a debate over whether & who wanted the ignore-thread feature. I & several others want it, and we're asking whether it's within the realm of possibility. If you have a higher tolerance for the loads of crap that are posted here every day, more power to you--you don't have to use the feature. Sheesh.

I agree with this.

It's like the ignore feature for users, it is nice to have a choice. It doesn't quite work as good as it could but it has some value.

Then take out 'Julia' and 'sexuality' and watch the place disappear in a puff of smoke. :D

I reckon, for an easy forum self-destruct button, remove the word "gay" :D

Back
Top Bottom