Ignoring entire threads?

Personally, I think finding a way to prevent people from Registering accounts and coming on here and trolling should be a priority...

It's kind of more work than it's worth.

I've seen one site that doesn't accept any gmail/hotmail/yahoo accounts.
I think that is pretty stupid since I cannot use my work account and gmail is the only account I have.

Other sites have you get manually processed. The number of accounts that would need to be manually approved compared to the number of accounts that are banned is probably not worth it at this point in time.

It's ironic that the main page uses Slashdot's system of having users moderate each other, because it looks like there are so few moderators there and the trolls can get away with anything. It'd be more useful here, where users' karma would be reduced whenever their posts are modded down.

Why can we rate threads (which means nothing, really, since threads are sorted by most recent post anyway), but not block them altogether? Or is there some way of sorting them by your own rating (as opposed to their overall rating)?

Good day ya'll! *sends kisses to SNS for being a cool guy* :cool:

You haven't? :) I think that despise is a much stronger word than I would use to describe the users on my ignore list.

Actually, I thought I was on your ignore list...

I take it then I have some how vanished for no apparent reason :D

Don't worry, you're still on it. Everyone seems to forget the "View post" link that appears on ignored users' posts.

I don't pay attention to what other people say....I mainly just try to censor myself these days...

I did my time for my offense...and have moved on to greener pastures

It's ironic that the main page uses Slashdot's system of having users moderate each other, because it looks like there are so few moderators there and the trolls can get away with anything. It'd be more useful here, where users' karma would be reduced whenever their posts are modded down.

Why can we rate threads (which means nothing, really, since threads are sorted by most recent post anyway), but not block them altogether? Or is there some way of sorting them by your own rating (as opposed to their overall rating)?

i rarely if ever read on the main page or comment. I could moderate but its a lot of threads to go through and i dont have that much time.

it would be so much simpler if people could behave relatively adult-like instead of like spoiled children desperate for attention! it is a lot more fun when people are semi decent to each other instead of venomous.

I've seen one site that doesn't accept any gmail/hotmail/yahoo accounts.
I think that is pretty stupid since I cannot use my work account and gmail is the only account I have.

That is pretty stupid. I don't see how that site could have very many members at all.

That is pretty stupid. I don't see how that site could have very many members at all.

It was really annoying that I had to personally mail the site admin and I had to give him all this information about why I only had a gmail account and it took me like 2 days to get access to the site.

That site is also VERY controlling of content. It's for a game I play and if you criticize the game or the company that makes it, they delete your posts. The worst part is that the site is not run by the game company, it's run by a fan of the game.

It was really annoying that I had to personally mail the site admin and I had to give him all this information about why I only had a gmail account and it took me like 2 days to get access to the site.

That site is also VERY controlling of content. It's for a game I play and if you criticize the game or the company that makes it, they delete your posts. The worst part is that the site is not run by the game company, it's run by a fan of the game.

Vivendi????

BTW, How do I ignore the entire forum? :D

what a fascist site!

Wasn't anything against you, just the witty answer and I wanted to say it first hehe.

Of course...It felt it was a sarcastic question to ask, considering the nature of this topic...

I mean seriously...What's the ignore a thread, going to do? Save space when you're scrolling? Unless you can't remember you didn't want to read a thread in the first place....

Personally, I think they need to work on the anti-trolling devices....maybe keeping Kewpie or Bored on here for 12 hour shifts will work :confused:

I mean seriously...What's the ignore a thread, going to do? Save space when you're scrolling? Unless you can't remember you didn't want to read a thread in the first place....

There are a bunch of threads in General that I would block out because I never view them. It's not a matter of saving time scrolling, it's a matter of being able to filter out what we personally consider noise. I think people would post more if they were only seeing threads they wanted to see because threads that are normally on page 2 would make it to page one.

There are a bunch of threads in General that I would block out because I never view them. It's not a matter of saving time scrolling, it's a matter of being able to filter out what we personally consider noise. I think people would post more if they were only seeing threads they wanted to see because threads that are normally on page 2 would make it to page one.

That does make sense...

Any chance you and Kewpie will be pulling 12 hours shifts in the near future?

I don`t understand all the fuss myself.To be honest there really isn`t a huge amount of real news about Morrissey to discuss.I think every single finite detail of his life has been analysed on the general anyway.Where is there to go?.As for stopping threads how outrageous.We are not all OAPS discussing which knitting pattern is in this week.Its a free discussion forum on off topic and people should be able to say what they want.If you don`t like someone`s post its your choice to ignore.Get a life peeps its only a forum.I`m sitting here on several at a time and its only because my kids are driving me mental.Its this or hole myself up in the loft to escape.

Back
Top Bottom