Is There Life Before Death?

S

Stefan Johnsson

I have just read James Dean is Not Dead and I thought that it was... not great but o.k.
Well, now I wondering: What did everybody else think about Morrissey's early essays? Why is the first chapter is called Seig Heil, Jimmy?

so many illustrations

Dear Stefan -

the first chaper is called Seig Heil because Morrissey's English metre tends to run out occasionally....remember 'cemetry gates'..?
The correct spelling is 'Sieg Heil' of course.

I quite enjoyed reading the book. I mean - imagine Johnny MP3 Pile UP Rogan had written that too?

I'm off now to have a go at world domination,

Alex¿ I have just read James Dean is Not Dead and I thought that it¿ was... not great but o.k.¿ Well, now I wondering: What did everybody else think about¿ Morrissey's early essays? Why is the first chapter is called¿ Seig Heil, Jimmy?

come back Jimmy

Oh no, a typo. That doesn't explain WHY the chapter uses a Nazi slogan, though. Moz can be so creepy.¿ Dear Stefan -¿ the first chaper is called Seig Heil because Morrissey's English¿ metre tends to run out occasionally....remember 'cemetry¿ gates'..?¿ The correct spelling is 'Sieg Heil' of course.¿ I quite enjoyed reading the book. I mean - imagine Johnny MP3¿ Pile UP Rogan had written that too?¿ I'm off now to have a go at world domination,¿ Alex

Well, this is kind of disappointing. I was hoping for something with a deeper meaning. That it was a pun of some sort, but still I am not worried that Morrissey has a politically unsound mind. I am under the impression that "Morrissey could invade Poland and I still wouldn't believe he is a Nazi."

Thanks anyway Glitter grrrl, and good luck on that "world domination" thing.

so many illustrations

> I am under the impression that "Morrissey could invade¿ Poland and I still wouldn't believe he is a Nazi."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Yes, but he would do it with such style. How did he do that? How did he show up on stage out of nowhere and know what to do? Most people make it big after years of working up their stage act.

I'm now realizing I've misread your statement. I thought you said "Morrissey could invade Poland and HE still wouldn't believe he is a nazi."

This ruins the assumed angle of Morrissey being a "what, me?" innocent.

This changes everything. I must sit and think about this for a while.

Well, if we forget for a moment about the meaning the words "Sieg Heil" got in the 30s, we have "Sieg" (which is German for victory or triumph) and we have "Heil" (in fact German for hail, good luck, maybe welfare, salvation or even blessedness).

Let´s add Morrissey´s special sense of humor, and out comes something like a politically not correct "Best wishes and good luck!"
I haven´t read the book yet, so this might be nothing but a poor effort in order to work out the sense.

James´ Keen

Dear charmless,

you seem to be also ´sense of humour-less´. I was not trying to explain anything. I was trying to poke fun at the person who asked about the ´Nazi slogan´.
But hey - if you feel like it - go ahead and start another cutting edge ´Is Moz racist´ debate. We sure haven´t heard that one before.

Alex¿ Oh no, a typo. That doesn't explain WHY the chapter uses a Nazi¿ slogan, though. Moz can be so creepy.

Morrissey flying the flag or flirting with desaster?

> Oh no, a typo. That doesn't explain WHY the chapter uses a Nazi¿ slogan, though. Moz can be so creepy.

Morrissey is a Nazi. I always thought he looked sort of Teutonic, and now we have our proof. But Nazi's aren't necessarily creepy. They got to power by being extremely charming and knowing the right thing to say. Then, when he started his plan for world domination, he lost his train of thought and began attacking small nations under the assumption that they had things they should give up and return things to him, or he would eat their young. Really, you attract flies with honey and not rubbing alcohol and a pair of toe nail clippers.

Where was I going with this?

I've got nothing to say and I'll prove it to you

> Morrissey is a Nazi. I always thought he looked sort of¿ Teutonic, and now we have our proof. But Nazi's aren't¿ necessarily creepy. They got to power by being extremely¿ charming and knowing the right thing to say. Then, when he¿ started his plan for world domination, he lost his train of¿ thought and began attacking small nations under the assumption¿ that they had things they should give up and return things to¿ him, or he would eat their young. Really, you attract flies with¿ honey and not rubbing alcohol and a pair of toe nail clippers.¿ Where was I going with this?

You are very funny Suzanne, but I was not asking whether or not Morrissey is a racist. I already know that he
is NOT. What I wanted to know is if the phrase "Seig Heil, Jimmy" meant something different than the
obvious "Hail, Jimmy".

so many illustrations

> You are very funny Suzanne, but I was not asking whether or not¿ Morrissey is a racist. I already know that he¿ is NOT. What I wanted to know is if the phrase "Seig Heil,¿ Jimmy" meant something different than the¿ obvious "Hail, Jimmy".
"Sieg" means "victory" in German. "Heil" is "hail".

Back
Top Bottom