List Of Top 100 Rarities

Just wondering if the 1992 list is realistic in prizing, seem to me very low compairing with 2005... Are the prizes really increases so much since 1992? I didnt think there are much more collectors out there nowadays, because most of them grow up with the band. And ebay should realize a much better support for rare stuff as collector-sources in 1992..

On the other hand I think some item didnt fit in the 2005 list, as they were much to expensive and less rare, all the german stuff for example (Green TQID, 12" Still ill, Blue Sheila, grey Strangeways) or the 1992 release fpr William...

Yes, that'd be interesting.

Between all of us on this board we should be able to come up with a list, if not values

I'll throw out the first few...
(in no order)
That's Entertainment Promo
No One an Hold A Candle To You Promo
You Are The Quarry Interview Promo
Any Of The Live Westwood One Type Radio Shows
Pregnant For The Last Time Puzzle (if we are doing things like that as well)
Interesting Drug Birthday Sleeve Promo
You Are The Quarry Korean With Different Booklet Photo

the Bowie/Morrissey outsiders tour cd/pack
the 12" promos for the early singles
the 7" promo retro labelled singles
the 2 10" promo singles
I think even the newer cd-r promo singles would make the top 100 as well.

love

Grim

Maybe these would make the Top 100:

- "Roy's Keen" 12 inch (erm...does anyone have a spare one to sell?)
- "Two Lumps Please" mug from Bowie Tour
- "Family Line" French promo
- "The Loop" French promo
- Nancy Sinatra "Let Me Kiss You" promo CD or 7 inch with Morrissey cover (havent seen this item for AGES)

How about those (they are not rare but always fetch a good amount)?

- "Vauxhall and I" LP
- "Southpaw Grammar" LP with Limited Edition Booklet
- "Beethoven was Deaf" LP

Last edited:
How about...

Education in Reverse - Australia LP
Viva Hate Japanese LP + Hairdresser on fire 7" promo
Rare Tracks - Japanese cd
Suedehead - Japanese 7" promo
Viva Hate - UK Promo box set

And considering recent threads...

Any of the UK formats for "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy"

Interesting Drug etched Mispressed
3" Japan Suedehead
Single Boxset (old one)
Satan rejected...

Last edited:
I was at my parents over the weekend, and found some correspondence from the early '90s, including a postcard from Seekastar and a catalog from Jeff P. I found a letter from a Japanese collector who said the Suedehead 3" was limited to 8,000. If you have the Suedehead 3", try to get one of those Japanese jewel cases for it; makes it look real nice.

The Morrissey... Australian sampler 12", Interlude 3" CD-R, 3 track Dean-o audition/label interest CD-R, Hold On To Your Friends UK promo 7", Suedehead & Everyday S. African 1-sided promo 7"s are also interesting. The Suedehead Best Of Morrissey bonus rarities disc; never did hear the full story on that.

I was at my parents over the weekend, and found some correspondence from the early '90s, including a postcard from Seekastar and a catalog from Jeff P. I found a letter from a Japanese collector who said the Suedehead 3" was limited to 8,000. If you have the Suedehead 3", try to get one of those Japanese jewel cases for it; makes it look real nice.

The Morrissey... Australian sampler 12", Interlude 3" CD-R, 3 track Dean-o audition/label interest CD-R, Hold On To Your Friends UK promo 7", Suedehead & Everyday S. African 1-sided promo 7"s are also interesting. The Suedehead Best Of Morrissey bonus rarities disc; never did hear the full story on that.

what Japanese jewel cases? Have you a pic or a link, please?

love

Grim

Here are some pics of the 3" jewel cases.

I've seen scans of what looked like the insert to the canceled bonus disc, but have never seen the disc itself or have heard how many were out there, if any.

morrisseysuedeheadjewelcase1.jpg

morrisseysuedeheadjewelcase2.jpg

morrisseysuedeheadjewelcase3.jpg

morrisseysuedeheadjewelcase4.jpg

Here are some pics of the 3" jewel cases.

I've seen scans of what looked like the insert to the canceled bonus disc, but have never seen the disc itself or have heard how many were out there, if any.

morrisseysuedeheadjewelcase1.jpg

morrisseysuedeheadjewelcase2.jpg

morrisseysuedeheadjewelcase3.jpg

morrisseysuedeheadjewelcase4.jpg

OMG--I NEED one of these....

Last edited:
Forgive my ignoance...What does the "TP" refer to that is listed after sme of the entries?

for example:

reel around the fountain TP

test pressing, its the (usually) white label 1st run of the single to check everything is up to scratch before it gets printed up & run off in it's mass form.

love

Grim

Last edited:
here's the reel around the fountain tp (from eil.com)

The-Smiths-Reel-Around-The-F-300628.jpg

love

Grim

I'm by far not a serious collector..so please excuse my maybe naive question...but....what's so special about the CDRs (esp. the "No One Can Hold A Candle To You" one)? Are they official?

I promised myself not to delve into the TP business...nononoooooooooonoo!!!

But, btw, Grimo darling...i recently fell in love with the Moz DJ 12 inch promos...i have them all now except for the numbered "Suedehead". They're great!!

lve
-crsp-

Back
Top Bottom