Dream Thread - Guitarist For Next Album

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
Just dreaming here, barring the mythical re-union of Johnny Marr and Morrissey, who would you like to see partner up with Morrissey in the studio for the new album. Again, not necessarily join the band, but work with Moz in the studio.

I have some outrageous ideas for collaboration:

Bernard Butler
Buckethead

Somehow a dude in a KFC bucket playing alongside Morrissey just works...
:)

-Vaux

P.S. And yes I know Jesse is going to be the man on the new album...

How about Slash?

I think this would be an interesting line up, and an interesting change of pace...

Guitarist - Carlos Alomar or Chuck Hammer
Drums - Jeff White
Keyboard/Vocals/Co-writer - Kristeen Young

He worked with Michael Jackson, it is actually not that far fetched!

;)

-Vaux

"Keyboard/Vocals/Co-writer - Kristeen Young"

You know, I actually like that idea. She does play the keyboard well, personally I wouldn't want her to take over much of the vocal duties because that is why I love Moz - ditto the lyrics. However, I wouldn't mind them getting in the studio and trying.

-Vaux

I'm sorry. I shouldn't laugh, but my entire office surrounded my PC to watch Darwin take care of "firework boy." Hehe...

-Vaux

Great thread...

1. me (a man can dream...)
2. Bernard Butler!! (spot on..)
3. Stuart Murdoch (gtr and keys)
4. Jez (doves)
5. Sufjan Stevens (imagine the songs that would come out of those sessions!)

Richey James Edwards from The Manic Street Preachers but he is nowhere to be found.

Paul Weller! Morrissey did cover one of his songs.

:cool:

i'm trying to think through alot of alternatives, and at least from my itunes list-- i think that britt daniel from spoon could write and arrange some really awesome, sparse, wandering melodies that matched mozzer's voice well.

other than that everything else seems to forced..... the [melo]drama of "life is a pigsty" makes me think that a matchup with M83 could make for some very haunting stuff

Bernard Butler would be my first choice as well -- he's a ferociously talented songwriter, producer & of course guitarist.

Boz Boorer is my first choice. Vini Reilly and Stephen Street would also be nice as "dream" choices.

Richard Kruspe from Rammstein :D could see Moz getting his metal growl into gear, he could use his hoarse throat to his advantage.

No I would like to see him work with Kristeen on backing vocals as others have said, I think her voice is amazing. As for a guitarist, anyone remember Mark Greaney from JJ72? Unfortunately they split up but he's still going on his own, quite sad to see really. I could picture Morrissey's singing over his guitar melodies

"As for a guitarist, anyone remember Mark Greaney from JJ72? Unfortunately they split up but he's still going on his own, quite sad to see really. I could picture Morrissey's singing over his guitar melodies"

Well, again I'm not saying break up the present band. I'm proposing that perhaps he could work with/collaborate with a first rate guitarist on the recording of the album. Not necessarily joining the band. So, your suggestion works.

I guess maybe this is the obvious choice, however the Bernard Butler suggestion seems the most likely. Morrissey did like early "Suede," and Butler is a fine guitarist.

- Vaux

Me
Sylvain Sylvain
Bernard Butler
Vini Reily
Lou Reed would be interesting..

Back
Top Bottom