Death of 12-Year-Old Circumcised Girl Shocks Egypt

The Seeker of Good Songs

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287393,00.html

CAIRO, Egypt — The death of a 12-year-old Egyptian girl at the hands of a doctor performing female circumcision in the country's south has sparked a public outcry and prompted health and religious authorities this week to ban the practice.
The girl, Badour Shaker, died earlier in June while being circumcised in an illegal clinic in the southern town of Maghagh. Her mother, Zeniab Abdel Ghani, told the Al-Masry Al-Youm newspaper that she had paid $9 dollars to a female physician to perform the procedure....
Female genital mutilation, FGM, or as it is often called, female circumcision, usually involves the removal of the clitoris and other parts of female genitalia. Those who practice it believe it tames a girl's sexual desires and maintains her honor....

If these Muslim men want to tame their women's sexual desire they should equally tame their own and have a Male Genital Mutilation and remove their entire unit. Fair is fair is it not?
They want their women pure, but who are these "loose" women doing it with but the very same men that want their own females mutilated.

how f***ing horrifying.

It's awful, I saw a CNN Christiane Amanpore documentary on this subject once and I couldn't believe they do that to young girls in some places.

If anyone ever goes near my clitoris with a knife, that person's getting their eyes poked out of their head. I value my clitoris very much. :D

They want their women pure, but who are these "loose" women doing it with but the very same men that want their own females mutilated.

Absolutley! Well said.

I thought this barbaric act had been outlawed in the majority of the world. I'm surprised it took this horrible event for Egypt to take action, I would have thought they would have done it years ago. :confused:

It is horrific, - what a barbaric history the hman race has. :(

That is so horrifying.
What kind of mother is that?
Absolutely sickening.

Funny: mention female circumcision, and just about everybody gets their panties in a bunch; hardly anyone bats an eyelash when it comes to the circumcision of males...

I remember this subject being debated 20 years ago on TV.It will never change,not unless Western goverments change it.:(

Funny: mention female circumcision, and just about everybody gets their panties in a bunch; hardly anyone bats an eyelash when it comes to the circumcision of males...

I thought that when men have it it's not done illegally and normally it happens in a safe enviroment, but i still think any kind of circumcision is barbaric. If it needs to be done for health reasons then FINE, but to do it for religious beliefs and especially for the needs of men just upsets me.

I think these are two very different things, and the simmilarity in names is unfortunate. In FGM they actually remove the clitoris. Imagine if in mail circumsision they removed the whole glands, not just the skin.... That would change a few views!

It makes sure women CAN NOT GET PLEASURE from sex, a barbarric act!

I am also against mail mutilation, as I call it, but that is just my view, I know a lot of people think it is healthy and normal.

I had never heard of 'female circumcision', so I trundled off to look on Wikipedia and do some research. Apparently there are different types of this genital cutting, some more severe than others. I saw the picture accompanying the main article on the different types:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:FGC_Types.jpg

Image D: Type III. Wouldn't that make sex impossible, having sewn shut the lips of the vagina? I presume it would be done by some maniac to make sure the girl remains a virgin...keeps her purity....either way I think it is utterly f***ing sick, barbaric, evil :mad:.

From Wikipedia,

"A reverse infibulation (Type III) can be performed to allow for sexual intercourse (often by the husband using a knife on the wedding night)"

OH MY GOD. WHAT MILLENNIA ARE THESE PEOPLE LIVING IN.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287393,00.html

CAIRO, Egypt — The death of a 12-year-old Egyptian girl at the hands of a doctor performing female circumcision in the country's south has sparked a public outcry and prompted health and religious authorities this week to ban the practice.
The girl, Badour Shaker, died earlier in June while being circumcised in an illegal clinic in the southern town of Maghagh. Her mother, Zeniab Abdel Ghani, told the Al-Masry Al-Youm newspaper that she had paid $9 dollars to a female physician to perform the procedure....
Female genital mutilation, FGM, or as it is often called, female circumcision, usually involves the removal of the clitoris and other parts of female genitalia. Those who practice it believe it tames a girl's sexual desires and maintains her honor....

If these Muslim men want to tame their women's sexual desire they should equally tame their own and have a Male Genital Mutilation and remove their entire unit. Fair is fair is it not?

This is so f***ing sick and so so sad, the next person who says we have to respect other people's culture no matter what, is gonna get a mouthful from me.

it's certainly a bad business, altogether.

I thought that when men have it it's not done illegally and normally it happens in a safe enviroment, but i still think any kind of circumcision is barbaric. If it needs to be done for health reasons then FINE, but to do it for religious beliefs and especially for the needs of men just upsets me.

Well, Jews have to get it done. I admit to never understanding the point of a bris, however. Unfortunately, if you wish to convert to Judaism and are not circumcised, then you have to become circumcised. Quite painful at a later age.

Well, Jews have to get it done. I admit to never understanding the point of a bris, however. Unfortunately, if you wish to convert to Judaism and are not circumcised, then you have to become circumcised. Quite painful at a later age.

I'm not Jewish, but I understood this was something to do with Abraham? God appeared to him in the desert when he was 99 years old and agve the command.

Now, if my 99 year old Grandad came in from the hot sun and said he had been talking to God.... :D

(Sorry - I don't intend to offend, only insert something light hearted to ease the pain of this thread) :)

I'm not Jewish, but I understood this was something to do with Abraham? God appeared to him in the desert when he was 99 years old and agve the command.

Now, if my 99 year old Grandad came in from the hot sun and said he had been talking to God.... :D

(Sorry - I don't intend to offend, only insert something light hearted to ease the pain of this thread) :)

ah, but old Abram was not a grandad, nor a dad at age 99. Neither was his wife of 80 something a mother.

But somehow, between the two of them....

Yep.

No offense taken.

If I have a baby boy I'm definetly NOT having a Boris, though.

So why will you not get a tattoo then?
Just asking...no offense meant.

So why will you not get a tattoo then?
Just asking...no offense meant.

None taken. :)

I don't think the ceremony is necessary the same way bar/bat mitzvahs aren't. I would still have my baby circumcized, just not in front of a lot of people.

You can't get buried in a Jewish cemetary if you have a tattoo. And I don't want one anyways.

Back
Top Bottom