The Smyths, Leeds, Thur 5th July

lilybett

Pheobe W Caulfield
Sorry if this has already been posted etc

I just found out today - to my immense excitement! - that The Smyths are playing at the Leeds Irish Centre this Thursday night.

Tickets are £10 adv. and £12 on the door...as far as I know, it hasn't sold out or owt cos their bassist ( :cool: :p ) sent me a facebook message ( :o :rolleyes: ) earlier to ask if I was going. Haha. And I am posting this because I had no idea about this until this morning so I thought maybe it would come as a suprise to others, too? (Although of course T'Goat, despite being halfway across the world, knew allll about it already!)

Aaaanyway, Steph and I are going and you should, too.

The Irish Centre's phone number is: 0113 248 0613

I'm going!

We need to find out about the smoking policies though...whether they are gonna let us out for a fag or not?

Haha still flogging that dead horse, Steph?

Jooooooooooooooooooooooooke!!! :p

I have only heard of one place in the whole world which doesn't let you straight back in after a smoke... And obviously the ban is all anyone's been talking about in my work for weeeeks. It'll be fine. How was Eureka?! Tell me about it when I get in from arbeit xxx

S'pose I should have mentioned this - for benefit of West Yorkshire fans - when I posted the one about the band playing in Bradford one nite later.

Sorry about that.

It's a pretty big venue that may take some filling, but there'll be more room to dance than at Roscoe's, where they previously played.

Anyway, Uncleskinny and I (and sarahT, I think) will be in Bradford to see them on Friday 6th - and it's only £7...I thought you were poor students?

I'm off into town for tickets soon, it is a big venue, I did the lights for The Fall there once. Let's hope theres a big crowd there.

Just went into town to collect my ticket from Jumbo records. I only have ever been to the Irish Centre once before and that was pretty recently to see The Fall. The Smyths should be great, saw them in the Roscoe a few months back and if you closed you're eyes it was The Smiths. The only downside this time is the Irsih Centre fails to have quite the intimacy of the Roscoe but if the music is good enough then hopefully it won't make any difference.

...Not sure what to expect from Re:Order. I love both Joy Division and New Order but will I love Re:Order, who knows? Anyone seen them before?

I'm off into town for tickets soon, it is a big venue, I did the lights for The Fall there once. Let's hope theres a big crowd there.

You off t'Leeds gig then? Me and Fag ash lily hope to see you there.

I would have gone to the Bradford one but a) it's easier to get back from Leeds to Hudds than Sadford, b) I'm going to a wedding on Fri dahn sarf and c)I hope to never vist Bradford ever in my life. I shouldn't say that cos I've just made a friend in Manchester from Bradford. Saying that I'm not a fan of Leeds, but I'll visit there if needs must.

I've just had my first night out smoking (sorry Lily I promised I wouldn't be hungover 2m) and it was fiiine. I smoked so much before I got in there (warehouse karaoke lizzy btw, nico on about 4 songs,,not that sad apparently!) and I only went out twice for a fag..get me...i air smoked the rest of the time!

sorry..im drunk..going t o bed

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Just in from seeing The Snyths and they were aaaabsolutely brilliant!! Even better than The Other Smiths. In fact, absout a hundred times better,. And T;Other Smiths are bloody goodf!

I reeeally reeally want to go see them again tomorrow in Brafdord!

f***ing excellent. If anybody's not sure, definitely. go

And Jamie anmd BNob Hope from Emmerdale were there!!! Nearld died. NATURALLY went and made a fool of myxself. I think he believed me when I said Hollyoaks hasn't been as goof at tackling issues since he left. :(

Highlight of the night was definitely meeting Bob and Jamie from Emmerdale....at least I knew their names Lilybett! Poor guys..think they were a bit scared by our enthusiasm at meeting them!

I had a great night, The Smyths were amazing as usual and I didn't think Re:Order were too bad. It was great to meet Lilybett and Sister Steve...you guys were the first people I had ever met from the forum!

It was nice to meet you too, it was a nice suprise...I apologise if we were a bit...drunk! We'd been drinking 2 for 1 cocktails all day!

i'm glad that you all enjoyed it so much - hope they are in as good form tonight in Bradford.

Did Aly Panic show up then? And how full did it seem - I s'pose if you were off your heads, you wouldn't really notice, would you?

Yeah it was pretty busy actually, I wasn't that drunk I can't remember.

Yes we met Aly Panic outside when he was flyering.

Go for it then Lillybet, you know it makes sense.

Skint. Don't live anywhere near Bradford. Got to work tomorrow. Etc. :( :( But if I wasn't before ( :p ) , I'm super-looking forward to this book launch in Scumdun where they're playing!

Was lovely to meet you, too, troublemaker. I'm so sorry we were so obviously drunk in front of your parents! I felt really bad, even through the drunken haze! They were really nice, too!

Highlights of the night:

* meeting Bob and Jamie Hope
* the director guy they were with promising to bear Steph and I in mind for Emmerdale extras. I think he definitely meant it and was definitely not humouring us
* our ridiculous prostitution scam which resulted in free cider. I have no idea why I was drinking cider - I hate cider! I think I thought it was 'a bit Withnail', which was apt as I was tealeafing coppers people had left on the bar!
* meeting more nice moz-solo bods
* Err...The Smyths! Especially 'What She Said' and '..Playgirls'.

LOL it doesn't matter about the drunkeness. My parents were pretty drunk aswell so much so that my Dad was doing a perfect emabarrasing Dad dancing act all night long. They both said you seemed like really nice people which was very, very true hope to see you again sometime I REALLY DO WANT TO GO TO THE S+G SOON! :) Thank you for being so kind and helping last night be even better love PTxx.

LOL it doesn't matter about the drunkeness. My parents were pretty drunk aswell so much so that my Dad was doing a perfect emabarrasing Dad dancing act all night long. They both said you seemed like really nice people which was very, very true hope to see you again sometime I REALLY DO WANT TO GO TO THE S+G SOON! :) Thank you for being so kind and helping last night be even better love PTxx.

Nevermind the S&G, "Reel Around The Fenton" is on in a couple of weeks.

www.reel-around-the-fenton.tk
www.thefenton.com

What, as in the set of Emmerdale?

I've always wanted to visit it..where is it?

Possible day trip Lizzy! Better than our usual suggestions of Leeds train station etc.

Back
Top Bottom