There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends
That's Entertainment
Our Frank
Suedehead
Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
/Yes I Am Blind
/Alsatian Cousin
//Disappointed

The first North American leg of the Kill Uncle tour ended on a great note. The 20000 tickets for this show had sold out in a morning and the sale of merchandise established a new record for the Madison Square Garden. The previous record had been held by U2 since 1987. Morrissey and his bandmates were all in excellent mood. The fans were very energetic and many of them tried to jump over the security-filled gap between the pit and the stage to make it to their idol. Approximately ten to fifteen were successful, a fair amount considering this was a venue where that kind of thing never happened.

"Alsatian Cousin" finally saw its live debut. The song had been rehearsed for some time at soundchecks earlier on the tour so fans following Morrissey were expecting it to appear in the setlist at some point. Like other new live additions on this leg of the tour, it was slotted in the encore.

After "Trash" Morrissey started "That song is called 'Trash' and..." but never finished what he had to say. During "Mute Witness" the man did two shoulder stands, legs in the air, arms supporting his backside which was turned towards the audience. After "November Spawned A Monster" he said to his 20000 fans "This is very cosy ... I take that back... Aargh!" During the usual frantic drum and guitar frenzy at the end of "That's Entertainment" Boz fell over Gary and got his guitar entangled between his legs. At the end of the song he smashed it with a look of satisfaction on his face.

In "Our Frank", Morrissey changed a line to "the world may be ending, but look I'm practically human". After "Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together" which ended the main set, Morrissey threw the shirt he had been wearing into the audience and left stage, followed by Th'Lads. He did the same again after the first encore, "Yes I Am Blind". The new live addition "Alsatian Cousin" was played next. The band then left stage again, but they returned for a surprise second encore in which they did the usual set closer "Disappointed". The song was introduced it with the line "This is the last song that we will ever sing" and in it Morrissey sang "Your friends and your foes they'd rather die than have to sleep with you".

Many celebrities were seen in the audience, such as Michael Stipe (there was a rumour he would join Morrissey on stage), Lloyd Cole, Matt Dillon, and members of Tears For Fears, B-52s, Ocean Blue and Squeeze.

and friends whoever downloads this show, the file says july 15th when its the 13th, just make sure you correct it when downloading

Yeah..I realized that which is why I made sure the Thread title was correct...I didn't realize my mistake until I posted the details from Passions...

Back
Top Bottom