Smyths in Bradford anyone? - Fri 6 July

Wild Oscar

Born-again Atheist
Anyone planning on going to see The Smyths in Bradford on Friday 6 July?

As well as SarahT making the trip, Uncleskinny and I are planning on going down to the Love Apple that night (now there's a potential double-entendre if ever there was one!).

The band are well worth seeing, as we've discussed before.

If anyone else is going, let us know - and make yourselves known to us too. Here's a pic; I'm the good-looking one, of course. :eek:

As well as SarahT making the trip, Uncleskinny and I are planning on going down to the Love Apple that night (now there's a potential double-entendre if ever there was one!).

If anyone else is going, let us know - and make yourselves known to us too. Here's a pic; I'm the good-looking one, of course. :eek:

Well if no one else will reply, I will. I'm very much looking forward to the night. I'll have to go home first after work though, even though I work about 200yds away from the venue. When I get there, I expect to find you in a state of refreshment - will I be wrong?

Peter

I'd love to go...I've been to Paradise, but I've never been to Bradford.

I never, never thought I'd see a Charlene reference here. Most welcome though. My good lady loves that song. Not for it's musical merit, but for the line "I've seen some things that a woman ain't s'posed to see" - cracks me up too. Wonder what they could have been?

Peter

I never, never thought I'd see a Charlene reference here. Most welcome though. My good lady loves that song. Not for it's musical merit, but for the line "I've seen some things that a woman ain't s'posed to see" - cracks me up too. Wonder what they could have been?

Peter

Well, the preceding line is "I've bin undressed by Kings and.."
So I reckon it's a Prince Albert.
By the way, I'm serious about going t'Bradford....

Well, the preceding line is "I've bin undressed by Kings and.."
So I reckon it's a Prince Albert.
By the way, I'm serious about going t'Bradford....

I which case, you're more than welcome to stay. Give us a bell, e-mail, or something.

Peter

Well if no one else will reply, I will. I'm very much looking forward to the night. I'll have to go home first after work though, even though I work about 200yds away from the venue. When I get there, I expect to find you in a state of refreshment - will I be wrong?

Peter

Well, I certainly won't be going home after work so, yes I'll be on the lash from around 6-ish. I might have to take it steady tho (famous last words!) as I can't hack the pace anymore. I drink Stella. Went out on Friday at 9.30 and can't remember walking home (around 1-ish I'm told!).

See you on the 6th.

Bloody hell.....
The Smyths at Bradford, The S&G in Manchester the same night..... is it possible to get to both :cool:

Jukebox Jury

**EDIT** It's actually Bfd Interchange 21:57 - Manc. Victoria 23:14

It's easily possible but not necessarily practical - not on that train anyhow.

When they play Leeds the Smyths come on at 9-ish so you'd only see a little over 30 mins or so to get that train. I guess you were commenting hypothetically anyway, weren't you?

With the S&G on till late, better to stay until at least 10.30 then drive over and still be there for 11. No sorry - with your driving better make that nearer 12! Heh! heh! heh! :D

Just a quick reminder to anyone thinking about making one in at Bradford's Love Apple this Friday.

Uncleskinny and I (and sarahT?) will be going along to see The Smyths on Friday nite.

i don't understand this, at all.

Wow. I'm sure they're a great band, but as someone who spent 19 years plotting to escape the hell hole that is bradford, good luck. However, the love apple is great, they do wicked veggie chili nachos and potato wedges. mmmmmmmmm...............

Back
Top Bottom