An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

oh i forgot one:

blue: 42:00-43:00

that would be amazing! thanks!

alligator: 00:00-01:32

uberlin: 18:05-20:19 (amazing acoustic take, unfortunately with noises in the back..)

discoverer: 39:58-41:50

blue: 01:34:22-01:35:00 (only a short reprise)

Would someone be able to re-upload the (now legendary) Trolling for Olives collection please?

(I managed to miss it both times it was here! Thank you so much!)

Also, does anyone have a recording of the Move Festival in Manchester, 13th July 2003 when R.E.M. were headlining? Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi

I'm looking for decent rips of the 808 state King of Comedy remix and Instrumental, anyone have it as a wav?

Chris
The vocal version was released commercially on the Electrolite single, amd it was included in the Warners Rarities bundle, so it's not that hard to find.
The instrumental on the other hand is quite rare, only included on the promo vinyl, I'm not aware of a (digital) lossless version.

Could someone reupload all the Christmas Fan Club Singles, just in time for the holidays? Thanks in advance.

Ahum, again found something, now here:
http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth616184/m1/45/zoom/?q=REM Stipe

Mentioned at Timeline:
28 October 2003 - 'Boston Public', Fox, Stage 23, Raleigh Studios Manhattan Beach, Manhattan Beach, CA
set: Losing My Religion
notes: A live acoustic version of 'Losing My Religion' is filmed as part of the Boston Public episode, Chapter Seventy-Six, in which R.E.M. are mistakenly booked for the Winslow High School fund-raiser, and perform in 'Doyle's Cafe' on set

Just found it on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl7XUMJEMg4), but anybody here has this in better quality?????

tHanKs in aDvanCe

PS: if anybody interested in the 'REM at the Simsons' (also mentioned in linked article), have that one and will upload if requested

Last edited:
Thanks for this one!!!
Got the alt.takes nicely cutted out in the best YT quality available (aac-128).
If anybody needs, just reply and I'll upload.

cherio!!

Oh yes please! That would be amazing! Thanks so much!

Listening to the Country Feedback demo, and I realize that it actually might be the album version, just not completely mastered and mixed yet. Anyone else notice this?

mangue, thanks a lot for the alt. takes excerpts!

--
I vaguely remember having read about that MTV sitcom back then, but would never bring it up myself if it weren't for your post. I guess the project just didn't go anywhere.

--
I remember about Boston Public better and even watched the thing when it went to air, even though I didn't watch it regularly -- a good show nonetheless. No audio file on my side, tho.

The Simpsons one was hilarious. My friend and I still say to each other "That's not the R.E.M. way" from time to time. LOL

--
Anonymous, please register and join us, my friend!

--
And finally, here they are: King of Comedy (808 State remix) both the original and the instrumental versions in FLAC, one good and the other from a lossy source, unfortunately. (There is no 'a capella' version, as someone suggested above.)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pwqlnx

The vocal version was released commercially on the Electrolite single, amd it was included in the Warners Rarities bundle, so it's not that hard to find.
The instrumental on the other hand is quite rare, only included on the promo vinyl, I'm not aware of a (digital) lossless version.

Yes, I have that, but to rip an acapella you need two equally mastered versions of the vocals and instrumental versions, ripping by phasing will cancel the instrumental and just leave the acapella.

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom