An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

More questions:

Academy Fight Song (Live) - 1992 Bucketful Of Brains # 32 Flexi

Is that the same version that is on the 1989 Fan Club Single?

Fascinating - Sounds For Visual Thinkers, Sundance 2002 Edition Promo
Fascinating - Reveal Advance

Are there differences, or are they the same track?

Leaving New York - Live at St James Church - Around The Sun DVD-A
Leaving New York (Athens Rehearsal Session) - 7Digital Digital Download

Different tracks or the same track?

Radio Free Europe (edit version) - When the Light Is Mine
Radio Free Europe (Full Length Version) - When the Light Is Mine

Is the audio from these two tracks the same as:

Radio Free Europe (Edit) - R.E.M. Singles Collected
Radio Free Europe - Video only version, Hib-Tone version, I.R.S version, or some other variant?

Thanks for the help!

Here's an uncommon show:

30 October 1995 - Arrowhead Pond Of Anaheim, Anaheim, CA

set: What's The Frequency, Kenneth? / Crush With Eyeliner / Drive / Turn You Inside-Out / Welcome To The Occupation / The Wake-Up Bomb / Binky The Doormat / Losing My Religion / Begin The Begin / Undertow / Bang And Blame / Strange Currencies / Revolution / Tongue / Man On The Moon / Country Feedback / The One I Love / Get Up / Star 69
encore: Let Me In / Everybody Hurts / Java - Band Intro / So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry) / Departure / It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g...0+-+Arrowhead+Pond+Of+Anaheim,+Anaheim,+CA.7z

Here's an uncommon show:

30 October 1995 - Arrowhead Pond Of Anaheim, Anaheim, CA

set: What's The Frequency, Kenneth? / Crush With Eyeliner / Drive / Turn You Inside-Out / Welcome To The Occupation / The Wake-Up Bomb / Binky The Doormat / Losing My Religion / Begin The Begin / Undertow / Bang And Blame / Strange Currencies / Revolution / Tongue / Man On The Moon / Country Feedback / The One I Love / Get Up / Star 69
encore: Let Me In / Everybody Hurts / Java - Band Intro / So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry) / Departure / It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g...0+-+Arrowhead+Pond+Of+Anaheim,+Anaheim,+CA.7z

Thanks dude!!

Leaving New York - Live at St James Church - Around The Sun DVD-A
Leaving New York (Athens Rehearsal Session) - 7Digital Digital Download

Different tracks or the same track?

Radio Free Europe (edit version) - When the Light Is Mine
Radio Free Europe (Full Length Version) - When the Light Is Mine

Is the audio from these two tracks the same as:

Radio Free Europe (Edit) - R.E.M. Singles Collected
Radio Free Europe - Video only version, Hib-Tone version, I.R.S version, or some other variant?

Thanks for the help!

I can't help you with the others, but these are the same, so:

Leaving New York - Live at St James Church - Around The Sun DVD-A) = Leaving New York (Athens Rehearsal Session) - 7Digital Digital Download
- the track was mislabeled at 7Digital, even the artwork that went with it clearly stated "live at St. James Church"

Radio Free Europe (edit version) - When the Light Is Mine = Radio Free Europe (Edit) - R.E.M. Singles Collected

Radio Free Europe (Full Length Version) - When the Light Is Mine = Radio Free Europe album version from Murmur

I'll try to address the other two.

Academy Fight Song (Live) - 1992 Bucketful Of Brains # 32 Flexi

Is that the same version that is on the 1989 Fan Club Single?

They are different. One is "live 29th Apr 1989" and the other is a studio version. Here's both in FLAC so you can tell: http://www.filedropper.com/bothacademyfightsongs

Fascinating - Sounds For Visual Thinkers, Sundance 2002 Edition Promo

Fascinating - Reveal Advance

Are there differences, or are they the same track?

As far as I can tell, those are the same, because a) the song was pretty much finished in its Advance Reveal version, b) that "Sound for visual thinkers" compilation was just some semi-amateuristically promo arranged and burned on regular recordable CDs, not industrial-scale CDs, and c) they have never mentioned reworking "Fascinating" for any sort of official or proper release. Again, I have never seen the album itself, but I'll say it's highely likely that it's the same song.

Last edited:
Also,

Leaving New York - Live at St James Church - Around The Sun DVD-A)
= Leaving New York (Athens Rehearsal Session) - 7Digital Digital Download
the track was mislabeled at 7Digital, even the artwork that went with it clearly stated "live at St. James Church"

I've just listened to both and, indeed, they seem to be the exact same version (something I had not realised before) -- but recorded/mixed in different ways. Wouldn't you agree, inyourroom?

Here's both so you can compare: https://www.sendspace.com/file/sjvhu0

Hi, would someone be able to post the Perfect Square tracks in FLAC? MP3 would be fine as well, I won't complain : ) I'll be posting some more shows as we go along, hopefully I can post some things you don't have and I hope I can pick up some things I'm looking for as well. No strings attached...just hoping!

Hi, would someone be able to post the Perfect Square tracks in FLAC? MP3 would be fine as well, I won't complain : ) I'll be posting some more shows as we go along, hopefully I can post some things you don't have and I hope I can pick up some things I'm looking for as well. No strings attached...just hoping!

I am going to grab the DVD from the local Library and I can rip to WAV. Just give me a little time.

Hi everybody

I'm (still) looking for these ones in lossless quality:

- "Supernatural Superserious" (KGSR Broadcasts Vol. 16)
- "I've Been High" (KCRW: Sounds Eclectic Too)
- "Walk Unafraid" (99X Live X 6 or 99X Live X 10)
- "Losing My Religion" and "All The Way To Reno" (99X Live X 8)

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom