An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Same here. Any kind soul able to upload Christmas Time Is Here Again from 2000. Please! Would be really appreciated. Three days to Christmas and all that!!

Hi it's been a while but here are a couple of things that have been requested recently:

For electrolite1, Lord Knows and anybody else, here is 'Christmas Time (Is Here Again)' a Beatles cover from the fan club xmas vinyl single in 2000:

Link

And for pcssousa and anybody else, the Elliot Mazer demos; early takes for their second album Reckoning, recorded 9 November 1983 at Rhythmic Studios in San Francisco:

Part 1:
01 - That Beat
02 - Walter's Theme (without vocals)
03 - Walter's Theme
04 - Cushy Tush
05 - Burning Down
06 - All the Right Friends
07 - Windout
08 - Femme Fatale
09 - Burning Hell
10 - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
11 - Skank
12 - All the Right Friends (take 2)
13 - So. Central Rain
14 - Letter Never Sent

Part 2:
01 - Little America
02 - Camera
03 - Second Guessing (1)
04 - Second Guessing (2)
05 - Harborcoat
06 - 7 Chinese Bros.
07 - Just a Touch
08 - Pretty Persuasion
09 - Pale Blue Eyes
10 - Time After Time (AnnElise)

*note: I think 'Ages of You' was also recorded as the last song but I have never had this, so if anybody does have a copy of this song from this session, I'd be very grateful if you could please share it!

I also have a few requests of my own that I'll make in the next post...
thanks for looking

Okay, glad to be able to help some of you out... now here are a few requests of my own!

From Accelerate album, exclusive iTunes deluxe version:
- Horse to Water [live from Athens]
- Until the Day is Done [live from Athens]

B-side from Hollow Man single:
- Horse to Water [live in Vancouver]

Christmas fan club single 2008
- I have the audio thanks to people here, but if anyone is able to upload the full DVD content, that would be amazing!

Vancouver Rehearsal Tapes, May 10 2003 (Oct 2003):
- Maps and Legends
- Tongue
- Little America
- So. Central Rain
- Imitation of Life

Christmas fan club single 2001
- Find the River [live 16 Oct 2001] video and audio
*I know others are looking for this. I have an audio version of Find the River, which can be found floating around the net, but I'm convinced it's not the right version because it sounds really poor!

Music From Tourfilm, Warner Bros. promo CD (Oct 1990) - link to info
- Get Up (3:04)
- World Leader Pretend (4:19)
- It's the End of the World as We Know It (4:52)
*I think somebody from here may have already sent me 'End of the World' but I appear to have lost it- sorry! Any help here would be much appreciated.

Untitled promo CD, Warner Bros. (Sep 1989) - link to info
- Orange Crush [live] (3:35)
- Turn You Inside-Out [live] (4:10)
*Recorded live from Florida 30 April 1989. These songs were recorded for broadcast on US radio and thus are now found on many bootlegs (which I have). But I would still like to track down an original-source recording (i.e. this CD) rather than FM quality bootleg, just as I am a fussy completist!

I.R.S. demo from Drive-In studios, Winston-Salem, 3 Oct 1981:
- Stumble (available on bootleg Chronic Murmurings, for some reason it's the only track I am missing from this collection)

I think that's it. I realise some of those are quite picky, but they really are just about all I need to help complete my R.E.M. collection.

Last edited:
Here's the other goodie I forgot to post earlier, may be of particular interest to soundofthenorth who asked for this:

Michael Stipe reading quotes from Martin Luther King. This was released as a QuickTime video on the 2002 Xmas fan club single. I don't have the video sadly. If anybody else does and can upload it, please let me know!

Thanks for all the great contributions to this thread. Happy holidays and happy new year to you all!

Thankyou so much Boomer! I began to think they were lost forever :D

(I too am hoping to find itunes exclusive material, as it is unavailable to buy in this country.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the help everyone for the MLK readings and Christmas Time is Here Again. I'm playing it right now.

FYI: For anyone interested, on Christmas Day, visit the George Michael web site for a FREE download of his new Christmas song. You can play it now, it's very different from Last Christmas. U2 also has a new Christmas song out called "I Believe In Father Christmas." No crisp download yet, but can easily be found on Youtube. The 80's have returned.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Untitled promo CD, Warner Bros. (Sep 1989) - link to info
- Orange Crush [live] (3:35)
- Turn You Inside-Out [live] (4:10)
*Recorded live from Florida 30 April 1989. These songs were recorded for broadcast on US radio and thus are now found on many bootlegs (which I have). But I would still like to track down an original-source recording (i.e. this CD) rather than FM quality bootleg, just as I am a fussy completist!

These two tracks are not as rare as they seem to be:

- this particular version of Orange Crush is also available on the UK collector's edition of the Radio Song single, and on the US edition of Everybody Hurts

- although listed as being from Tourfilm, the live version of Turn You Inside-Out on the 2 disc edition of In TIme is actually this one.

These two tracks are not as rare as they seem to be:

- this particular version of Orange Crush is also available on the UK collector's edition of the Radio Song single, and on the US edition of Everybody Hurts

- although listed as being from Tourfilm, the live version of Turn You Inside-Out on the 2 disc edition of In TIme is actually this one.

Ahh I never realised this and now having listened to those sources again, you're right, I can hear they are from the Florida recordings. So thanks for pointing that out. And thanks for the Find the River vid, that's excellent!

I've bundled together all the official b-sides and stuff I have that were released via iTunes (apart from the Vancouver rehearsal tapes - thanks very much to soundofthenorth for those!):

iTunes Originals (Dec 2004):
- Part 1
- Part 2

Tracks exclusive to iTunes' release of the In Time bonus disc*:
- Beat A Drum [live, 8 June 2001, Museum of TV & Radio, Los Angeles, for WXRT radio]
- She Just Wants To Be [live, 18 May 2001, Museum of TV & Radio, New York City]
* not really an exclusive; these two songs could be found on the 2001 promo CD 'Not Bad For No Tour'... but that was quite rare though to be fair.

Wanderlust single:
- Wanderlust [live, 14 Oct 2004, Santa Barbara]

Leaving New York single:
- Leaving New York [live, Athens rehearsal sessions]**
** not actually from Athens but from London St. James Church, special fan club/competition gig, 15 Sep 2004.

Accelerate iTunes deluxe album:
- Supernatural Superserious [live from Athens] [pre-order exclusive]
- Horse To Water [live from Athens]
- Living Well Is The Best Revenge [live from Athens]
- Until The Day Is Done [live from Athens]
- Airliner [Non-album track]
- Redhead Walking [Non-album track]

That's a very nice collection of the download-only stuff!
Interestingly enough, the only thing still missing (the Live From London EP) is the only thing I actually don't have - iTunes music store is not available from Hungary, and I could get the rest from 7digital. Since it's Christmas, wishing time :), if someone could upload that, it would really make me happy :)

It would be also great to have these 3 vinyl-only live tracks:
- 9-9 live in Paris -> from the (Don't Go Back To) Rockville UK 12"
- Gardening At Night live in Paris -> from the (Don't Go Back To) Rockville UK 12"
- Pop Song 89 live at the Borderline -> from the Near Wild Heaven UK 12"

I have recordings from all these shows (including the radio broadcast from the Apple Store performance), so I have the songs themselves, but it would be nice to have the official versions.

Thanks for all the downloads here, most appreciated...REM are the best American band EVER!

Love PTxx.

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom