An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Document was released on DVD-Audio - and actually included a unique, slightly longer version of this very song, which fades out later - and the screen shows the lyrics as you listen to the songs. I guess that's the closest we can get to an official source for the lyrics, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're entirely correct. Anyway, here they are.

Of course I had forgot about that, inyourroom. Thanks for posting the pics!

That actually poses a situation. Those lyrics are a lot different from what I just posted. Considering it says "light a votive" and Stipe clearly says "light a motive", and we don't know if some random designer or whoever just took those lyrics out of a website... how much can it be trusted? Would Stipe swear by these?

Document was released on DVD-Audio - and actually included a unique, slightly longer version of this very song, which fades out later - and the screen shows the lyrics as you listen to the songs. I guess that's the closest we can get to an official source for the lyrics, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're entirely correct. Anyway, here they are.

Do we have an audio of this anywhere? The longer version I mean.

Does anyone know if all of the Berlin live in the studio songs from 2011 have been officially released? I only know of oh my heart, alligator, that someone , discoverer, and everyday.

From what I know, those were the only officially released ones. I happen to also have "Mine Smell Like Honey" and "All The Best" as MP3 from that same session, but no idea how I got them.

Start with Dead Letter Office; the catalog LP that mops up the better outtakes through the Pageant era.

An exhaustive (but not complete) set of officially released b-sides and rarities was put out recently as a digital release you can learn about it here.

Sometime back in this thread, a member posted links to a many-volume bootleg set called Trolling For Olives, which was a fairly complete assemblage of everything that hadn't made the catalog releases. The links are long since expired but the tracklists may still be up.

Hope that helps.

Hey and welcome, Tara. If you're looking for rarities, I assume you've already been through the 15 albums and Chronic Town. So, yeah, I agree with the above: Dead Letter Office is next and then the so-called "complete" rarities (which are not complete), but make sure there are two sets. One covers the IRS years and the other, the Warner years. Be sure to get the correct version of both, as there are caveats (I wrote most of that in the Wikipedia article). Then there's demos bootlegs floating around and the many bootleg live sets in places like Dime. You'll have work for a year.

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom