An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

I just remembered a song, it was late 2002 and REM play a subject that still hardly anyone knows anything, I mean wetherman, anyone know who was that song you can listen in high quality?. Thank you so much

I just remembered a song, it was late 2002 and REM play a subject that still hardly anyone knows anything, I mean wetherman, anyone know who was that song you can listen in high quality?. Thank you so much

As far as we know, there's only one recording of that song in existence and (from what I can remember) the quality of the audio is atrocious. You most likely won't find a HQ file any time soon.

Hi! I have one question - why REM don't play Shiny Happy People live on concerts? Band talked aobut this? I only know video on yt rehearsal (somone have audio or video form this program?).

They hate the song, apparently. They played it on SNL and that was it.

Btw, anyone has that partial acoustic version of SHP? I think it was from one of their promo videos.

They hate the song, apparently. They played it on SNL and that was it.

Btw, anyone has that partial acoustic version of SHP? I think it was from one of their promo videos.

Mega, it's on the "Time Piece" video I uploaded a few months ago. It's just a snippet beginning halfway in the song. If you want, I could extract the audio and upload it here, I suppose.

i've heard there will be a split 7" coming out for record store day -- REM and Syd Barrett, both versions of "Dark Globe". seems a bit superfluous but it'd be nice to have that song on a non-flexi record

i've heard there will be a split 7" coming out for record store day -- REM and Syd Barrett, both versions of "Dark Globe". seems a bit superfluous but it'd be nice to have that song on a non-flexi record

It's already been released on vinyl (Orange Crush UK 12" in 1989) and CD (first on Orange Crush in 1989, then on UK and European editions of Everybody Hurts in 1993).

Anyone has a good show from 2005 with Leave in the setlist? I'm listening to that Germany show on archive.org but the recording skips in some places and the tracks don't flow well one into another, it's annoying.

Anyone has a good show from 2005 with Leave in the setlist? I'm listening to that Germany show on archive.org but the recording skips in some places and the tracks don't flow well one into another, it's annoying.

mega, the only live "Leave" I have here is that kinda distorted AVI from Torrevieja that made the rounds back then. I think they didn't play it live much because they couldn't really make it work.

I could rip the audio, if you want.

I am sure that I had at least one copy of soundboard or close to that of Leave, but my collection is a big mess. I tried searching for it, but couldn't find it yesterday.
If you can find the name of the shows, or some dates, it would help me find it.

I am sure that I had at least one copy of soundboard or close to that of Leave, but my collection is a big mess. I tried searching for it, but couldn't find it yesterday.
If you can find the name of the shows, or some dates, it would help me find it.

The only soundboard/broadcast/non-audience live recording of this song I'm aware of is from Rock Am Ring 2005 (which is also included on the REMTV official dvd collection)
https://youtu.be/AFBKKCclwPg?list=PL99A05A1A856A37F2

Was anyone able to do a audio ripp of the REMTV DVD's?
I tried myself but the DVD wouldn't work on my computer :confused:

Have them ripped to WAV, working on conversion and labeling. Will send you a link when I "finally" have it all put together. Disc 1 is interesting because there is only one song that did not make it to the Unplugged session, The Great Beyond. I have included it along with that set, but will upload in one of the folders too.

And for everybody who couldn't get their hands on the real thing, there is an almost 6Gb torrent out there already with all the contents in MKV form. Look for it carefully.

UPDATE: unfortunately, the original ripper didn't just transport the original audio into the converted video. I have info that the audio on the DVDs is (mostly) a lossy 192kbps AAC. The ripper degraded it even more into a 96/128kbps AAC, at least in parts, for no reason. Don't get me wrong, it's a perfectly enjoyable rip and I love having it, but the audio is far from what should be. Better than nothing, tho.

Last edited:
Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom