More Big Brother "racism"

Bluebirds

Although I agree that she should have been bumped for what she said - it seems clear no mallice was intended. Still, you make a stupid mistake you have to pay for it.

I just had to sit and listen to someone on the BBC News going on about this was not trivial - "It is a life and death situation" apparently! I still can't beleive she dais that, and couldn't help laughing at it. I mean, come on......

:confused:

God, how thick can you be to say that on TV. This show would be improved considerably if it was like Battle Royale :D

This time she's been kicked out the show for using the n-word. GOOD.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6729673.stm

Some tosser from the Guardian is saying that she shouldn't have been thown out:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/tv/2007/06/after_a_cracking_backonform_st.html

The word is derogatory, disgusting and if people knew the history of it then they wouldn't be so quick to use it.

So are Redneck, "Whitey", White boy...amongst others...but nobody raises and eyebrow when those are said...

i wish bbc america would nix hollyoaks and give us a little big brother action instead.

Reality TV is for people who have problems finding their own reality...

Did I tell you about the Jewish guy at my work (years ago) who got bent out of shape when I called him a anti-semite for going off about a guy in a turban?

My favorite and (Very Contaversial) solution to the Israel-Palestinian conflict is to upright the entire population and force them to co-habit in Antartica...Meanwhile a biosphere will be erected over the nation of Israel to house the relocated penguins....

So are Redneck, "Whitey", White boy...amongst others...but nobody raises and eyebrow when those are said...

erm you hear that a lot nowadays eh?

I think n***** is only racist if used in a racist way, the person she said it to did not take it as racist, I've not actually seen the programme when this took place I'm just going off the news reports. 99% of rap music uses it but no one bats an eyelid, well except white middle class people.

sticks & stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me. It's the intent that is offensive not the word.

love

Grim

erm you hear that a lot nowadays eh?

I think n***** is only racist if used in a racist way, the person she said it to did not take it as racist, I've not actually seen the programme when this took place I'm just going off the news reports. 99% of rap music uses it but no one bats an eyelid, well except white middle class people.

sticks & stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me. It's the intent that is offensive not the word.

love

Grim

There's too much history attached to that word for in to be racist....however as Dave Chapelle has shown us..it's pathetic how some people try to make the word seem "cool"

There's too much history attached to that word for in to be racist....however as Dave Chapelle has shown us..it's pathetic how some people try to make the word seem "cool"

I dunno who Dave Chapelle is, so he's not shown me owt, but don't most words go through a 'cool' period, loads of slang words I grew up with are no longer cool, "top", "smart", "fab", you get the drift eh? Then they lose their coolness & they just become everyday speak until they fall back in to the shadows & only rear their heads occasionally yeah? When I was a kid 'twat' was far more ofensive than 'f***' but nowadays tv allows twat but still bleeps f*** out!

love

Grim

I dunno who Dave Chapelle is, so he's not shown me owt, but don't most words go through a 'cool' period, loads of slang words I grew up with are no longer cool, "top", "smart", "fab", you get the drift eh? Then they lose their coolness & they just become everyday speak until they fall back in to the shadows & only rear their heads occasionally yeah? When I was a kid 'twat' was far more ofensive than 'f***' but nowadays tv allows twat but still bleeps f*** out!

love

Grim

People who call each other "n*****" are idiots...a friend of mine and I did that just to illistrate the point...

My favorite and (Very Contaversial) solution to the Israel-Palestinian conflict is to upright the entire population and force them to co-habit in Antartica...Meanwhile a biosphere will be erected over the nation of Israel to house the relocated penguins....

I lke this idea - it is my new favourite, replacing my old idea of hanging them all up by the ankles util they all cheer up a bit and agree to live happily together.

Back
Top Bottom