Moz Greatest Hits CD Appreciation Thread

Tottenham Tom

Prick up your ears!
Enough is enough... I for one would welcome a Greatist Hits compliation. The Suedehead one was ages ago and needs dramatically updating.

The Best Of... was okay but also very old now.

My Early Burgulary Years was really good - but it wasn't a greatest hits thing anyway - mostly harder to get tracks.

World Of Morrissey and Bona Drag were both excellent but both redolent of their eras.

The world needs a Greatest Hits from the whole back catalogue. They must resist the temptation to concentrate on one era. A straight ahead singles anthology with a bunus disc of the lesser-known b-sides would be great!

Make it a box set in fact and include all the a and b sides.... ok... well I can dream can't I??

TT

In the era of digital music, in which your entire collection is easily accessible on a hard drive or an iPod, the "Greatest Hits" package has never been as cynical a ploy to separate the fans from their money as it is now. All the more so for an artist who has always heavily anthologized his work (The Smiths' second "album" was a collection of B-sides and radio sessions for crying out loud). I pray this useless collection is released and quickly forgotten so Morrissey can turn his attention to the next studio album.

In the era of digital music, in which your entire collection is easily accessible on a hard drive or an iPod, the "Greatest Hits" package has never been as cynical a ploy to separate the fans from their money as it is now. All the more so for an artist who has always heavily anthologized his work (The Smiths' second "album" was a collection of B-sides and radio sessions for crying out loud). I pray this useless collection is released and quickly forgotten so Morrissey can turn his attention to the next studio album.

Applause. Well put.

-Vaux

Back
Top Bottom