Kate Bush

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
Moz might not like this woman but.. I love her :p

"Running Up That Hill" is fantastic...in fact 80% of Hounds of Love is ..

Opinions people?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_BZsXVf6INc :) I love her moves :D

Only thing I don't like about this woman is her last name. :)

Soz but I'm with Moz on this one!
She was an original and talented laydee but ... that bloody voice!
I voiced my dislike for Amy Winehouse and Carol Carpenter recently so in case I'm coming across as some kind of female-singer hating misogynist, here's my list of the 10 best lady singers...

1. Nina Cardigan
2. Victoria Concrete
3. Agnetha Abba
4. Alison Beautiful South
5. Wendy Popgun
6. Frida Abba
7. Tanya Belly
8. err, struggling a bit now. I'll come back and edit later on!

Soz but I'm with Moz on this one!
She was an original and talented laydee but ... that bloody voice!
I voiced my dislike for Amy Winehouse and Carol Carpenter recently so in case I'm coming across as some kind of female-singer hating misogynist, here's my list of the 10 best lady singers...

1. Nina Cardigan
2. Victoria Concrete
3. Agnetha Abba
4. Alison Beautiful South
5. Wendy Popgun
6. Frida Abba
7. Tanya Belly
8. err, struggling a bit now. I'll come back and edit later on!

Who is Carol Carpenter? :rolleyes:
You only like Swedish women...

I think she's great, and I think she still has it. I bawled my eyes when I first heard A Coral Room.

To paraphrase Morrissey himself (when discussing Kirsty MacColl) "A supreme original but not, as far as I know, one of the original Supremes"

Kate (and Kirsty) are right up there with the best...

i love jkate bush, i grew up with her music and i can´t really understand why morrissey doesn´t like her.. i think she would fit in with his other musical influences..

my favourite album is her debut, the kick inside.. stunning!

Right, made it to 10!

1. Nina Cardigan
2. Gwenno Pipette
3. Agnetha Abba
4. Suzanne Vega
5. Alison Beautiful South
6. Wendy Popgun
7. Rosé Pipette
8. Frida Abba
9. Tanya Belly
10. Victoria Concrete

To get the Moz-connection going: Stephen Street was inspired by Cloudbusting when he wrote Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together.

As for Kate, I like her. Hounds of Love is probably my favorite album of her, too, but Never for Ever is a close 2nd.

I didn't know that. Now I've listened to them both you can clearly notice how it inspired Stephen Street.

In 1980 Morrissey said this about Kate Bush
"Do you really like Kate Bush? The nicest thing I can say about her is that she is unbearable. That voice. Such trash!"

Kate Bush is my second favorite musical artist/s behind The Smiths. i think The Kick Inside is by far her best album. everyone else says The Hounds Of Love is, but i really only like 3 songs on that album--Running Up That Hill, Hounds Of Love and The Morning Fog. i love nearly every track on TKI. Lionheart is my second favorite. so many people think it's one of, if not her worst, which i don't understand at all.

A genius.

Just checked the dictionary definitions of "genius":

1. an exceptional natural capacity of intellect, especially as shown in creative and original work in science, art, music, etc.: the genius of Mozart.
2. a person having such capacity.
3. a person having an extraordinarily high intelligence rating on a psychological test, as an IQ above 140.
4. natural ability or capacity; strong inclination: a special genius for leadership.
5. distinctive character or spirit, as of a nation, period, or language.
6. the guardian spirit of a place, institution, etc.
7. either of two mutually opposed spirits, one good and the other evil, supposed to attend a person throughout life.
8. a person who strongly influences for good or ill the character, conduct, or destiny of a person, place, or thing: Rasputin, the evil genius of Russian politics.
9. genie (defs. 1, 3).

Sadly, "a lazy bastard that makes a album once in a blue moon and hasn't toured since 1979" wasn't listed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom