1991 Sept. 23, Kalamazoo

thewarroom

Scorpion Kicker
NOTE: THIS IS NOT 1991, BUT 1997!!!!!!!! SORRY FOR THE HEINOUS TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR ON MY PART!!!!!!!!!!! :o

This is bobalmighty's link from some time ago. it's still active and I haven't seen it in awhile so here it is. :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3MBQ9UX3

23 September 1997
The State Theater, Kalamazoo, MI

Maladjusted
Billy Budd
The Boy Racer
Speedway
Nobody Loves Us
Alma Matters
Roy's Keen
Reader Meet Author
Ambitious Outsiders
Satan Rejected My Soul
Now My Heart Is Full
Paint A Vulgar Picture
The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils
/Shoplifters Of The World Unite

This was a great, but rather uneventful concert if compared to other dates from this tour. Morrissey and his musicians seemed all in great spirits. The audience was rather subdued at the beginning but gradually warmed up as it was teased by Morrissey. Many fans invaded the stage during the encore of "Shoplifters Of The World Unite".

The setlist was significantly resequenced, and in the process, "Sunny" and "Wide To Receive" were dropped to make place for the returning "Maladjusted" and "Nobody Loves Us".

Entering stage, Morrissey shouted a jolly "Kalamazoo yahoo!" and shortly after added: "I feel very good!". Just before "Roy's Keen" he had to mention "By the way, we come from England". After "Satan Rejected My Soul", which stirred the crowd into action, Morrissey said "I'd like to thank you for coming tonight... (cheers) it means a lot, so thank you..." Then after "Paint A Vulgar Picture" he asked "Is it too loud?" and was loudly answered in the negative by the audience. Returning after a short break to perform the encore, Morrissey shouted "Thank you Kalamazoo... you are sssexy!".

BOOTLEGS

A fair audience recording of the full concert is circulated among collectors of bootlegs on cd. Different transfers of this recording are available on the internet, some of better quality (FLAC from master) than others (MP3 via tape).

Back
Top Bottom