1991 Oct 31st Shoreline Amphitheater, (CA)

drifter

the first song November is missing, looking at the info on passions might explain the reason its missing..if anyone else has the song please let us know it exist

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X6R4T5RG

31 October 1991
Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View (S.F.), CA

November Spawned A Monster
Alsatian Cousin
Our Frank
The Loop
King Leer
Sister, I'm A Poet
Piccadilly Palare
Driving Your Girlfriend Home
Interesting Drug
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
Everyday Is Like Sunday
My Love Life
Pashernate Love
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
Asian Rut
/Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
/Suedehead
//Disappointed (with Cosmic Dancer intro)

This concert was a great success, like most visits to California. There was a good deal of stage climbing because security was minimal. At some point Morrissey found himself with a bra around his neck. There was no change in the setlist, new yet-to-be-released compositions "Pashernate Love" and "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" were performed.

After entering stage, Morrissey's musicians started playing something that in retrospect sounds like the intro to "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side", but this was the new live intro to "November Spawned A Monster". Attempts from the fans to make it up on stage started as early as the first song. During the first two numbers, "November Spawned A Monster" and "Alsatian Cousin", Morrissey was kept away from his microphone on a few occasions, making him miss some of his lines. In "Driving Your Girlfriend Home", he mistakenly repeated the "turn left..." line when he should have be singing the "drive on..." one. After the latter song Morrissey started "So err..." but never finished.

For the first time in many weeks, "Interesting Drug" wasn't performed as a pair with "Mute Witness" as the latter was dropped from the setlist. New composition and recent live addition "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" was obviously unknown to everyone in the crowd (except for those who had attended the previous gig in Seattle) so it was introduced with the words "This song is very new and it's called 'We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful'."

This was Halloween night and many fans in the crowd were dressed, prompting Morrissey to ask, after "Everyday Is Like Sunday", "I'm just slightly curious to know, is today... Halloween? (crowd cheers) Hmmm...". Shortly after, the other new and unfamiliar composition "Pashernate Love" also needed an introduction: "This song is called (articulates:) 'Pashernate Love'."

This concert was filmed (like most of the Kill Uncle tour) and almost released on video but plans were scrapped.

BOOTLEGS

The nearly released video recording mentioned above is in the hands of a few collectors but is not being shared yet. However the recording's audio was ripped from it and has made it on the internet in 2007. This includes the complete set, but the sound is a bit muffled .

Two other audience recordings are circulated as well. These are audio only, most likely not lifted from a videotape. The best of the two, credited to taper Markp, also sounds better than the video recording above. The other recording is of unknown origin, it probably comes to us via a tape transfer because the sound is rather bad. It lacks the middle of "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" because the tape the concert had been recorded on had run out and needed to be flipped over.

The manufactured bootleg cd "His Master's Voice" features good audience recordings of "Piccadilly Palare", "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" and "Pashernate Love" from this concert as well as a near complete gig from 4 October 1991. These three songs, if correctly credited to this date, seem to have been lifted from a different recording to the three ones mentioned above.

info from passions just like mine

Did a version ripped from the DVD surface a few weeks ago...That's the one I got..and I'm still waiting for the video to be uploaded here...

PLEASE LET US HAVE WHAT WE WANT

Thanks drifter and Smelly. :D

Not to steal Drifter's thunder, but I'll repost the Soundboard (ripped from DVD) version...

great work guys, thanks

thanks sns, always better to have a better version....and to smelly, thanks to you too......smelly, i didnt know what hit the solo site when you first came on board, you were killer with all the boots, it wasnt until about two weeks into your downloads that i realized id have to categorize my categorization a new way just because of you, so the first two weeks went by that i wasnt sure weather the shows were from you or any other uploader....so thanks again

Back
Top Bottom