The last of the playboy.....LIVE?

billybud71

Thank You, But No...
how far do you think Morrissey will continue touring in respect to age?
clearly he's healthy and he is very cognisant of his health and age.
i see him performing live well into his late fifities, or early sixties....anyone? anyone? hello?
strangely, i want to skydive.....anyone else?

how far do you think Morrissey will continue touring in respect to age?
clearly he's healthy and he is very cognisant of his health and age.
i see him performing live well into his late fifities, or early sixties....anyone? anyone? hello?
strangely, i want to skydive.....anyone else?

Well, Keith Richards is what 90?

I think it's less a question of age and more a matter of Morrissey's staying power and popularity in the music world. He could continue performing live well into his fifties, but would any of us want him too if it seemed like we were flogging a dead horse?

As long as Morrissey's creative energies are still in spin, than I'm all for continued live shows. It's really not so much a question of age.

He'll carry on touring until I get to see him at least once. Then he can stop :p

I think it's less a question of age and more a matter of Morrissey's staying power and popularity in the music world. He could continue performing live well into his fifties, but would any of us want him too if it seemed like we were flogging a dead horse?

That's a very good question; but I don't think it would be flogging a dead horse because Morrissey has some real gems in his back catalogue which are timeless, so it would still be a good live experience even if he didn't sing anything new :eek:.That said, I would hate it if Morrissey became a touring nostalgia act who hadn't written a new/decent song in a decade (Rod Stewart, Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Cliff Richard, Duran Duran etc) :(

I think Keith is a vampire, though. :eek:

No No, Keith and the boys sold their souls to the devil so they could play rock and roll forever. They have to be at least 100 now!

That's a very good question; but I don't think it would be flogging a dead horse because Morrissey has some real gems in his back catalogue which are timeless, so it would still be a good live experience even if he didn't sing anything new :eek:.That said, I would hate it if Morrissey became a touring nostalgia act who hadn't written a new/decent song in a decade (Rod Stewart, Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Cliff Richard, Duran Duran etc) :(

It's been close to 25 for The Rolling Stones..Or are you counting the Harlem Shuffle?

It's been close to 25 for The Rolling Stones..Or are you counting the Harlem Shuffle?

lol, I am not counting the Harlem Shuffle :p

But I suppose there are exception for all the people I mentioned...

Cliff Richard's last decent song was .. He's never had one :p
Paul McCartney - 2005, "Friends To Go"
Duran Duran, it's been at least 20 years..

etc :D

Last edited:
lol, I am not counting the Harlem Shuffle :p

But I suppose there are exception for all the people I mentioned...

Cliff Richard's last decent song was .. He's never had one :p
Paul McCartney - 2005, "Friends To Go"
Duran Duran, it's been at least 20 years..

etc :D

Are you forgetting "Ordinary World" and "Come Undone" that was 1993...Electric Barbarella was pretty funny that was 10 years ago

Are you forgetting "Ordinary World" and "Come Undone" that was 1993...Electric Barbarella was pretty funny that was 10 years ago

lol I was exaggerating slightly with Duran Duran, "Ordinary World" is a fantastic song; not so keen on "Come Undone"

Back
Top Bottom