Moz/Smiths Tattoos

I'd like one that wasn't too obvious, that would only mean something to us fans, but can't think of what! Any suggestions?

I'd like one that wasn't too obvious, that would only mean something to us fans, but can't think of what! Any suggestions?

joyce hanging from a tree!

Thanks so much for your kind comments, D_licious and mozmal!!

Brilliant! You must be very proud of it. Personally, If Morrissey signed my arm, that's the only tattoo I'd consider having.

That's the only way I'd get a tattoo as well.

Me too, and even then I would be more likely to saw my arm off and have it preserved and displayed. :rolleyes:

sorry forgot to say, Great looking tattoo nocturnowl, you are very brave.
Always interested to know, how did the tattooist react to your requested subject? bet he/she just took the piss? :rolleyes:

I came across this picture some time ago, don't remember where, possibly on here, in another tat thread.
Thought it interesting.

Last edited:
sorry forgot to say, Great looking tattoo nocturnowl, you are very brave.
Always interested to know, how did the tattooist react to your requested subject? bet he/she just took the piss? :rolleyes:

haha thank you!

Well, this was the artist's SECOND Morrissey tattoo (as far as I know, there may have been more). I had been referred to this particular artist through someone I met at a Morrissey concert who had an amazing Morrissey portrait tattoo. So I went to this same artist and told him the story of how I came to know about his work (by the Morrissey fan at the concert), and I think he found it rather amusing.

When he started tattooing me, I jokingly said, "so, do you hate Morrissey?" He laughed a little nervously and sort of hesitated, and I said, "it's okay if you do! I was just wondering..." and he then said that he was a big Smiths fan, but not so much a fan of Moz's solo work. I told him that was okay.

Another artist that worked at the shop (who WAS a Morrissey fan) kept coming in to check on the progress of my tattoo. He said, "Shouldn't you guys be listening to The Smiths or something?" haha. He liked my tattoo so much he told poor Jim (my tattoo artist) that he was going to make him do ANOTHER Morrissey tattoo on HIM!!! hahaha.

Pardon my ignorance but I need to know a few details.

Firstly my parents wouldn't let me get a tatoo whilst i'm living at home...they're like that. I will wait until I go off to university and then try and get a couple of Morrissey/Smiths tattoos.

My questions are:

• Where would I go? How do you know who to trust?
  • What is the pain like?
  • If I was wanting a couple of lines of lyrics say, how much does that roughly cost nowadays?
  • and finally...if I find that the pain is going to kill (NOT LITERALLY) can I take and precautions such as getting drunk or tipsy and blanking out the pain or would the alcohol have some critical effect when in conjunction with the ink.
I would love to have this on my back just as this lucky person has had done http://images.morrissey-solo.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=toprated&cat=0&pos=94

my lyrics would be "Hand In Glove,
the sun shines out of our behinds"
...wouldn't that look great when I am 75

Pardon my ignorance but I need to know a few details.

Firstly my parents wouldn't let me get a tatoo whilst i'm living at home...they're like that. I will wait until I go off to university and then try and get a couple of Morrissey/Smiths tattoos.

My questions are:

• Where would I go? How do you know who to trust?
  • What is the pain like?
  • If I was wanting a couple of lines of lyrics say, how much does that roughly cost nowadays?
  • and finally...if I find that the pain is going to kill (NOT LITERALLY) can I take and precautions such as getting drunk or tipsy and blanking out the pain or would the alcohol have some critical effect when in conjunction with the ink.
I would love to have this on my back just as this lucky person has had done http://images.morrissey-solo.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=toprated&cat=0&pos=94

my lyrics would be "Hand In Glove,
the sun shines out of our behinds"
...wouldn't that look great when I am 75

I like that tatoo in that picture, it looks classy. The Hand in glove lyric is class, so amusing especially if you put it where i think you are putting it:D

Back
Top Bottom