Is there any hope for Canadian fans?

Life is all about money.Have money will travel.He`s never going to go to Canada.Anone who says money doesn`t buy you happiness is rich.I`d like to travel and see him:(But then again I`d like enough money to buy a some new shoes.(sorry I`m in sour puss mood today).

What exactly does Morrissey think he's going to achieve by boycotting Canada?

Why is the seal hunt (which I'm against by the way) any worse than any other form of animal cruelty that exists in every other country? If anything it's less cruel than a lot of animal farming since at least the animals are born and live in a natural environment before they are killed instead of being coupped up in a barn or shed.

It's not like his boycott of Canada brings attention to the hunt since it's been widely publicised in the past and almost universally condemned.

All he's really doing is penalising his own fans.

He may be penalising them, but at least he has a reason. He feels strongly about it, so fair enough. Granted, his moral stance won't change it, but if everyone took the attitude of 'it doesn't make a difference so i won'y bother' the world would be in an even bigger mess than it is now.

He may be penalising them, but at least he has a reason. He feels strongly about it, so fair enough. Granted, his moral stance won't change it, but if everyone took the attitude of 'it doesn't make a difference so i won't bother' the world would be in an even bigger mess than it is now.

Well said :) although I don't think it's fair that the fans have to suffer because of Morrissey's gripes against the Canadian Government and the hunts etc, it is something they have limited control of. Paul McCartney did the same thing with China because of their fur-trading and publicising of the skinning of domestic animals and so on, and also went to Canada to protest against the hunt. Did it change much? No. Did it piss off a lot of fans? Yes.
In the end it is down to the individual performer and how strong their views are; Morrissey doesn't seem likely to change his anyime soon, but there is always hope.

I think the problem is that Morrissey is stubborn. He seems to be th kind of person that will usually stick by his guns. So even if he did want to relent by now, he probably wouldn't to save face, which is understandable. The reasons that he frustrates us are the reasons why we love him!

The reasons that he frustrates us are the reasons why we love him!

lol that's very true but I can understand if Canadian fans are feeling slightly less generous than us over in the UK. Oh well.. it's not our problem to sort out really; that lies with the man himself :o

He may be penalising them, but at least he has a reason. He feels strongly about it, so fair enough. Granted, his moral stance won't change it, but if everyone took the attitude of 'it doesn't make a difference so i won'y bother' the world would be in an even bigger mess than it is now.

I see you live in Blackpool. Would you feel differently if Morrissey boycotted UK gigs over hare coursing or fox hunting?

The facts are that campaigning against animal cruelty and playing a concert are two different things with no relation to one another. It's not a case of not doing anything. You can easily campaign against the seal hunt and play a concert. In fact instead of going in a huff about it he could use Canadian gigs AS a platform to campaign against the seal hunt.

As it is Morrissey boycotting concerts in Canada does not a jot to change anything.

travel like I do. It's not too hard, and it pays off. Sure it would be nice to see him in Toronto or something...along with all 35 of his fans here.

I see you live in Blackpool. Would you feel differently if Morrissey boycotted UK gigs over hare coursing or fox hunting?

The facts are that campaigning against animal cruelty and playing a concert are two different things with no relation to one another. It's not a case of not doing anything. You can easily campaign against the seal hunt and play a concert. In fact instead of going in a huff about it he could use Canadian gigs AS a platform to campaign against the seal hunt.

As it is Morrissey boycotting concerts in Canada does not a jot to change anything.

If he explained why he was doing so, I'd be disappointed but I'd understand why. I wouldn't moan about it all the time like people on here do. Half the time I think he should just stop touring all together, because there's always a large group of miserable sods who winge no matter what he does.

He can tour where he wants, where he wants as far as I'm concerned.

ok so... it is obvious that this thread does not interest many people... it seems most who post here aren't canadian...

anyone have any ideas on how to catch his attention/lure him back to canada? anyone willing to hold a "please come to canada" sign at one of his shows, just for me? i'll provide the sign... :(

I am from Canada and I completely support his boycott. I think that it is right to stand up for what you believe in. The intent of a protest is to dissatisfy a group of people to a point that they turn around and do somehting about it. What most Canadians don't get is that protests aren't supposed to be neutal and not affect anybody. Sure Morrissey might not have THAT many "fans" over here, but I think by saying "no I won't tour a country that condones such behavoir" he not only sends a clear message to the government, but he also urges people who love him to stand up and make noise about what is happening in their own country.

I had to leave Canada twice to see him this year, and will keep leaving every time I want to see him. I think instead of trying to drag him over here, you should save up and travel to see him. Sometimes you can get great deals on flights/hotels, and it is so worth it.

Is there any hope for Cuban fans?

Has Morrissey ever stated his reason for boycotting Cuba?

I can understand the frustration of how patronising it seems to virtually condone the Canada boycott when you're a British fan with a relative guarantee that Morrissey will tour your area, but in relation to the above points -

Fox-hunting has been banned and Morrissey has stated many times that he no longer supports the British Government and as such chooses not to live there (I also have a feeling the Mike Joyce case featured in that decision but that is irrelevant). Morrissey was born in the UK; his attachment to it extends far beyond political policies.

He won't tour in China either for the same reasons. You're right that animals are hurt all over the world but there's really nowhere in the world where there's used so cruel methods in animal industry as in Canada and China

Anyone know whether or not Canadian tour dates are possibly going to be set in the near future? Is there any hope for us? We don't like the seal hunt any more than he does, of that I am almost completely certain (how could you simultaneously love Morrissey and condone the seal hunt? it is just not possible). If anyone has any sort of information as to whether we have any hope of seeing Morrissey in the near future, I would be unbelievably grateful.

You want to know who to blame, it's evil little f***ers like this -

whitecoat_seal_T3506.jpg

It is however definately NOTHING to do with this man -

NOJE-18s34-seal-700_368.jpg

And don't believe anyone that says it is.

Ooooooooooohhh Chareth!!! I'm LMAO!!! Hahahahahaahahaha... Great post... Although I must clarify for the rest that I think white baby seals are adroable and not little f... :p :D

Oh don't get me started. He boycotts Canada but keps going to Spain and loves Mexico. Note that those countries consider it a great fun to torture bulls. Oh, but it's a tourist attraction, maybe it's perfectly alright then...

Back
Top Bottom