Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Not a bad pair from this morning, fanks mr postman

StillIllThereisaLight (1280x956).jpg

Picked these up from a local Comic book store. They have a small amount of records and posters. Paid 30$ each.

The white poster is 60x36 and the other is 60x40.

7C1foA8.jpg
byyKJAD.jpg

Picked these up from a local Comic book store. They have a small amount of records and posters. Paid 30$ each.

The white poster is 60x36 and the other is 60x40.

View attachment 32377

This one is amazing! I never saw a poster of the Malady Lingers On cover. It should have been used for a single and the title should have been used for an album or song. It's too goo. Great find MozAng!

Just got this today, its basically Boxers with a promo label, seen an old thread and loads appear to be mislabelled. Plays A-boxers instead of have-a-go & B- plays have-a-go instead of whatever happens I love you. Waste of coin does any one have a proper copy?

image.jpg

Just got this today, its basically Boxers with a promo label, seen an old thread and loads appear to be mislabelled. Plays A-boxers instead of have-a-go & B- plays have-a-go instead of whatever happens I love you. Waste of coin does any one have a proper copy?

View attachment 32414

Yes, I have both versions.
I don't believe yours is a waste of money though, it is a mispressed promo with a unique sleeve, so a very nice item to own.
The only way you can tell the difference between the two versions is by looking at the matrix numbers.
The one you own will read R 6400 A-2-1- / R 6400 B-2-1-, whereas the correct promo reads RDJ 6400 A-1-1 / RDJ 6400 B-1-1.
Sleeves and labels are identical on both.

That 's a great effort !! Well done

Cheers Moz

Yes, I have both versions.
I don't believe yours is a waste of money though, it is a mispressed promo with a unique sleeve, so a very nice item to own.
The only way you can tell the difference between the two versions is by looking at the matrix numbers.
The one you own will read R 6400 A-2-1- / R 6400 B-2-1-, whereas the correct promo reads RDJ 6400 A-1-1 / RDJ 6400 B-1-1.
Sleeves and labels are identical on both.

it carries the standard matrix numbers for the 7" boxers. A genuine mispress would carry RDJ with muddled up tracks. This is obviously a case of leftover copies of boxers being stuck with promo labels, isnt it? At least i got a nice sleeve

it carries the standard matrix numbers for the 7" boxers. A genuine mispress would carry RDJ with muddled up tracks. This is obviously a case of leftover copies of boxers being stuck with promo labels, isnt it? At least i got a nice sleeve

Yes, they are the matrix numbers for the std Boxers 7".
How can we know if the promo labels were affixed to the std boxers vinyl accidentally (a mistake/mispress) or intentionally (to use up leftover copies)? We can only speculate.
Either way, it's a nice item.
Good luck in finding the other one. :)

I bought some vinyl!

I got two mint records;

Hatful Of Hollow
180 gram
(One of my favorites)

The Smiths
180 gram

I got The Smiths for 25USD, and Hatful for only 25USD!

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom