Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

I used to live in Saudi and visit Bahrain regularly. The tape shops there were much cheaper than Saudi. Those Thomson Originals were buy 10 get one free for about a tenner in total - we are talking 1992/3 time. Just being able to purchase so many meant I was able to check out loads of music. I had quite arange of Morrissey and Smiths comps which were all very good quality for the time but passed them on many moons ago now. If anyone has seen anything with 711 on it from Saudi I'd love to see a pic just for old times sake.

I took time off from collecting but thinking about getting back into it, particularly vinyl. Some of the items you guys post are just so nice....I'm starting to feel I want them too.

I’m back with my purchases in March.
After 15 month of heavy purchasing I expect to take it slow the next couple of month. My summer holiday to London has been booked and I need to save some money.:guitar:
DSC_8159.jpg
Morrissey
LP – “Viva Hate” – Dutch Press – 7 90180 1
12” – “November Spawned A Monster” - US (Promo Stamped with sticker) - 9 21529-0
12” – “Ouija Board” – EEC – 060-20 3615 6
2LP – “The Best Of” – UK – EMC 3771
12” – “Interesting Drug” – UK Promo – 12POPDJ 1621
12” – Tomorrow” – US (Purple Vinyl) 9 40580-0
Box – ”The CD Singles 88-91” – EU – 7243 8 87293 2 1
2CD – “YATQ + ROTT” EU (Sealed)- 0600753260814
CD – “Viva Hate” UK – 7243 8 56325 2 5
CDM – “November Spawned A Monster” US (Jewel Case) – 9 21529-2
CDM – “We Hate When Our Friends Become Successful” – US Digipak (Sealed) – 9 40560-2
CDM – “Dagenham Dave” – Japan (with obi) – BVCP-8809
1992 Tour Program
DSC_8160.jpg
The Smiths
LP – “Hatful Of Hollow” – UK (Reissue with large photo) – ROUGH 76
12” “Shoplifters Of The World United” – US Promo – PRO-A-2712
2x10” – “Rank” – Germany (No. 1027) - SMITHS 7 4509-91900-1
7” – “Sheila Take A Bow” – Germany (Grey Vinyl) – LIS 1.00024
CDM – “Sweet And Tender Hooligan” – US – 9 4352-2

The Smiths Complete Japan Cd Promo

KGrHqQOKokE6fw6Vc7dBPYHs-w60_12.JPG

Cheers Moz

Wow, S-Plade, that's a fantastic haul you've got there! Lots of lovely items...the Suedehead (best of) double LP and USA Shoplifters promo are two of my favourite items too. :)

The Smiths Complete Japan Cd Promo

View attachment 13036

Cheers Moz

I didn't even know there was a Japanese promo for that release...great catch, Stoned! :thumb:

Picked this up for a good buy-it-now price on eBay...buyer even included an extra CD single. :)

2co4chh.jpg

I'm so happy to be able to have found this.
The fact that the quality of it is in such good condition!
I'll be framing it very soon.

24wzyh5.jpg

60" x 40" UK Subway Promo

Last edited:
Front of book on front of slipcase:
6xt0mu.jpg

I thought his eyes were in the back of his head but it seems there just closed my brain was probably playing tricks on me!:p

Viva Hate 2012 promo (the version without any front sleeve text). :) I also posted some extra photos in this thread for reference, since there was some discussion about the two different versions.

1z31chc.jpg

Also the German Shoplifters 12" on marbled green vinyl, and the Australian 2-LP version of TWWL:

6ibat1.jpg

2mnqd54.jpg

And a few cassettes

ab6mbt.jpg

Meat is Murder - Canada
TWWL - Indonesia
Rank - France (you can just tell from the photo that the text colours are reversed for this release...)

Well done Aly, you have got a very good taste. Always "Good Looking Items" !!

On the way , Viva Hate Advance Promo Cd without Text. Very pleased and just could not refuse it!

KGrHqVHJDIE8fDs9UBPc0ED1MQ60_12.JPG

Cheers Moz

Girlfriend in a Coma - Portuguese 7" (bottom left)

You Are The Quarry - US CD+DVD (signed by Morrissey in Mexico in December 2011)

Piccadilly Palare - EEC 12" (compared to UK 12")

Interesting Drug - EEC 12" (compared to UK 12")

The World Won't Listen - Original Australian CD

Hold On To Your Friends - Dutch CD in card sleeve (compared to Australian CD in card sleeve)

Bugger! I need to find an EEC version of Piccadilly Palare now - alternate artwork...

Nice finds IR

Dave

Hey, do you have a signed copy of "I Have Forgiven Jesus" on ebay at the moment? I seem to remember you posting a pic that looked identical to one that's on there now.

Cheers.

Thank you Dave.
Every one of these items has alternate artwork though (in the case of YATQ, it's that signature that makes it alternate :D).

Beautiful items there, I.R.! I especially love the Portuguese Girlfriend in a coma 7" and the Australian TWWL CD. :)

DSCF9436.jpg

Strangeways, here we come Japanese LP, and Japanese Viva Hate LP with another copy of the Hairdresser on fire 7".

IMG_0275.jpg

The last of the famous international playboys - Australia 7" in EMI sleeve
Beethoven was deaf - Japanese CD
Panic - UK CD single

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom