Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

IMG098 (2).jpgIMG099 (2).jpg
Just had this in the post this morning , very nice it is too , cant believe how small it is !

I love Rank on the DAT format, I'd never seen one in the flesh so assumed they were a similar size to the normal audio cassette size. But they are so dinky :p

It's one of my favourite pieces in my Smiths collection.

What's the difference between cassete's size and DAT's?

Flax has them on his site and you can see the normal cassette next to the DAT - it is much smaller than the standard cassette. A nice item to own.

Dave

Flax has them on his site and you can see the normal cassette next to the DAT - it is much smaller than the standard cassette. A nice item to own.

Dave

Until Iamgritter say about the difference of size between these items, I assumed there's no difference.
I did it Dave afterwards I posted on this thread...

DAT is really smaller than cassete

Certainly Nice items...

This "label promo cd" was given away with some copies with Smiths singles box set.

Wasn't it also used before that to promote The Sound of The Smiths, too? Nice way to get rid of the extra copies, I reckon. :thumb:

And nice catch with that Rank DAT, iamgritter! One of the many items I still hope to one day acquire... :)

In the meanwhile though,

125l4ie.jpg

This charming man - UK 12" with band name on sleeve
The last of the famous international playboys - UK promo 12"

2hyzzwp.jpg

Hulmerist/The Malady Lingers On 2DVD set
Meat is Murder - Australian CD on Festival label
The Peel Session(s) - USA/Canada CD

Aly, love that DVD Box Set...Nice one. I have it too, still sealed and it will stay sealed...
Cheers Moz

Who Put The M in Manchester, DVD is super jewel case, russian release. All the way from Moscow, God knows what the postman thinks I am up to after all these parcels from Russia :D
Cheers Moz

Attachments

• Who put.jpg
    Who put.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 16
Wasn't it also used before that to promote The Sound of The Smiths, too? Nice way to get rid of the extra copies, I reckon. :thumb:

And nice catch with that Rank DAT, iamgritter! One of the many items I still hope to one day acquire... :)

In the meanwhile though,

125l4ie.jpg

This charming man - UK 12" with band name on sleeve
The last of the famous international playboys - UK promo 12"

2hyzzwp.jpg

Hulmerist/The Malady Lingers On 2DVD set
Meat is Murder - Australian CD on Festival label
The Peel Session(s) - USA/Canada CD

Hi Aly ,
One Amercian dealer just sold one on ebay for £144 , got mine for £50 plus postage in the UK ,
Regards
Chris

Aly, love that DVD Box Set...Nice one. I have it too, still sealed and it will stay sealed...
Cheers Moz

Nice! :) Mine isn't sealed, unfortunately, but still in decent condition - except for the finger smudges I've left on it myself! :doh:

Hi Aly ,
One Amercian dealer just sold one on ebay for £144 , got mine for £50 plus postage in the UK ,
Regards
Chris

Wow, that was very lucky, Chris! I saw the one on eBay recently...yikes. Didn't realise it fetched so much these days!

Finally got my hands on an original copy of the lilac sleeve William 7" - in beautiful condition, and for only £10 on Amazon marketplace. Very happy!

vwpsah.jpg

Finally got my hands on an original copy of the lilac sleeve William 7" - in beautiful condition, and for only £10 on Amazon marketplace. Very happy!

Very nice Aly (and at a great price too). :thumb:

I've just received some of the Japanese CDs I've ordered in the last few weeks.

And also some rather nice cassettes...

Louder Than Bombs - Saudi Arabia
TWWL - Thailand
TWWL - Uruguay

I've just received some of the Japanese CDs I've ordered in the last few weeks.

And also some rather nice cassettes...

Louder Than Bombs - Saudi Arabia
TWWL - Thailand
TWWL - Uruguay

Lovely items as always, I.R.! I love those TWWL cassettes, especially the Uruguayan one. :thumb:

Working towards a set of these now... :)
acqrys.jpg

Everyday is like Sunday - UK 12" promo
November spawned a monster - UK 12" promo

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom