Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Very nice indeed, well done! :)
I like the Ringleader CD too, I did not order that one. Is the Russian text actually printed on the sleeve?
Which others are you waiting for?

Thanks I.R. ! Yes there is a line on the front of the Cd Booklet, also some sort of addresses on the reverse. Again it says Special Russian Version and individually numbered.
I am waiting for You Are The Quarry and Who Put The M in Manchester , which comes in a Super Jewel Case, again numbered. Who put.jpg

Cheers Moz

This one is for you Dave, and I guess for me too. ;)

Just seen this - thanks IR - I'd love to think that my hand raised much higher than anyone else's to grab that shirt... alas, I'm left with a shirt fragment that is tattered and torn...

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I particularly like those German 7" records in alternative colours. I still need one more to complete the set, Sheila in white.

That's the same German Sheila I'm missing too, actually. And with Stop Me... it's just the opposite - only got the white, not the yellow or grey.

Finally..All the way from Moscow :

View attachment 12835View attachment 12834View attachment 12836View attachment 12837View attachment 12838

1. Ringleader Of The Tormentors
2. Greatest Hits (Back & Front)
3. Swords
4. Years Of Refusal

Very pleased with them, waiting for two more items to arrive..:D
Cheers Moz

Nice buy, Stoned! :thumb: I love those OBI-type side strips. Very nice.

Got the French There is a light... 7" for a good price last week because the record itself has a big crack on one side. Worth it just for the picture sleeve, and to have an original pressing though, if you ask me. :)

sl5ze9.jpg

And yet more cassette singles...

hv4dpc.jpg

This charming man - Australian edition in cardboard slipcase
My love life - USA
The more you ignore me, the closer I get - USA

You Are The Quarry , Russian Edition. Cd was sealed but , sadly, the Cd Case got slightly damaged on its way :)mad:) so decided to open it .
This is the Booklet, no lyrics by the way which makes it a bit "cheap", still glad I got it :)

img001.jpgimg002.jpg

Cheers Moz

You Are The Quarry , Russian Edition. Cd was sealed but , sadly, the Cd Case got slightly damaged on its way :)mad:) so decided to open it .
This is the Booklet, no lyrics by the way which makes it a bit "cheap", still glad I got it :)

View attachment 12859View attachment 12860

Cheers Moz

Either way it's good item.
I liked to see it opened.

I don't know why but this thread is full of Russian editon...nowadays

I don't know why but this thread is full of Russian editon...nowadays

I'll join in with the rest of the sheep then...
Trafford-20120222-00197.jpg

Couldn't resist those cute 'obi' style strips down the spine.

Dave

Do you have any ispecial interest in Russian editions?

Not at all. I go for overseas releases if they have alternative artwork or track listings - but otherwise I'll just get the UK versions. It was the unusual obi style strips that attracted me to these - thanks to IR for posting photos of them in the first place, and thanks to his mysterious Italian friend who gave him the tip off :)

Dave

View attachment 12859View attachment 12860

Cheers Moz

Oi! Stoned, that was supposed to be my YATQ :p

Shame about the case. Looking at your copy wants me to find one for myself even more.

Not at all. I go for overseas releases if they have alternative artwork or track listings - but otherwise I'll just get the UK versions. It was the unusual obi style strips that attracted me to these - thanks to IR for posting photos of them in the first place, and thanks to his mysterious Italian friend who gave him the tip off :)

Dave
Usually, I only buy one edition - UK, BRA or US - but YATQ I have two: regular and 2 CD edition (both Brazilian ones).
I bought a Kill Uncle (UK) and now it's done for me.

Got the French There is a light... 7" for a good price last week because the record itself has a big crack on one side. Worth it just for the picture sleeve, and to have an original pressing though, if you ask me. :)

Very nice Aly, well done!
My favourite Smiths 7", no contest.

I just got this original Tokuma release, I think it's quite rare... :D

Some of my latests

Many thanks to Blameless!

DSCN1062.jpg

Russian Swords CD amongst it’s friends

DSCN1107.jpg

US Alma Matters promo stamped CD amongst it’s friends

DSCN1108.jpg

Usually, I only buy one edition - UK, BRA or US - but YATQ I have two: regular and 2 CD edition (both Brazilian ones).
I bought a Kill Uncle (UK) and now it's done for me.

Is this the Quarry 2-CD you are referring to?
DSCN1113.jpg

Some of my latests

Many thanks to Blameless!

DSCN1062.jpg

Russian Swords CD amongst it’s friends

DSCN1107.jpg

US Alma Matters promo stamped CD amongst it’s friends

DSCN1108.jpg

I love those in house tapes. I have a few of them. I am sorry for the delay, I will post my collection soon. The 2 track Alma was a beast to find, for me....

The signed 2-track Alma was tricky to get;)

That is some collection you are amassing there IR - have you been to 'post your collection' thread with some photos recently?

I've avoided the temptation to collect the Japanese releases... but those obi strips are beginning to call me...

Dave

That is some collection you are amassing there IR - have you been to 'post your collection' thread with some photos recently?

I've avoided the temptation to collect the Japanese releases... but those obi strips are beginning to call me...

Dave

Thank you Dave.
I haven't posted any photos on the 'collection' thread for a little while, I might do soon.
Perhaps my Morrissey Japanese collection, I am just waiting for a few items to arrive from Japan.
I know what you mean about OBI strips though, initially I wasn't going to collect Japanese releases either.
And then the dreaded bug bit me...

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom