Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

*Speaking of which, a perfect example: I'd suck some serious dick for a copy of Napalm Death's "Hatred Surge" demo on vinyl... I have heard samples of that record, and the quality is the best I've heard anywhere. The late-gen tape rip version floating around everywhere online sounds like shit...

I typed napalm death in you tube, after reading this and half rememberig the name from John Peels shows. and had a little surf around the things that popped up, and I have to say there's some right old bollocks out there isn't there? what are these people thinking, I could imagine that devils/posessed voice effect being interesting on one maybe two tracks but it's all over the place, people make entire carreers out of squeeking into a vox machine? The thing that really amazed me was the amount of money thats thrown at the making of videos really slick video that must have cost fortunes, it's obvious it's never going to sell many records where's the value for a record company, and yet they still won't sign Moz? and i'm serious this stuff is laughably shite.

FWIW, Napalm Death has no original members... and none of the people on the Hatred Surge demo... Why people buy new "Napalm Death" records, IDK.... But, whether you like the music or not, I do. I think it's kind of silly to compare HS-era Napalm Death with anything they have done in the last 20+ years, or whatever other heavily-overproduced and super-polished modern "Grindcore" you are thinking of, which certainly aren't likely to be on major labels anyway (and isn't Moz the one who refuses to go Indie/DIY anyway?)

Anyway, I like lots of stuff. :)

Thank you!
The Universal CD-R is an odd one.
The insert on mine is also made of plain paper, so is the label on the disc actually.
I was a bit suspicious myself when I first received it, thinking it might not be genuine.
I asked a couple of fellow collectors and it turns out that the copies they own are exactly the same, so that was reassuring.
Just a poor quality CD-R I am afraid...
Still, a rather rare item and a very nice and unique picture on the front cover.

Phew, that's a relief...I thought at first I might have been sold a dodgy knock-off copy. The rest of it looked legit enough; it was just the front insert that got me worrying. Thanks for putting my mind at ease!

Sing Your Life - Japanese VHS

Very, very nice! Been after that one for a while myself, too...no luck yet, but hopefully one day.

From a Russian trader, thanks to a tip-off from an Italian friend...

Your Italian friend is very good to you, IR. ;) I hadn't even seen any of those except YOR until now. Very nicely designed...

Some recent purchases:

s3zq0m.jpg

Couldn't resist snapping up one of the Please, please, please promos when I found one with the little press sheet and no sticker across the front. And finally, I managed to get my hands on a copy of the Suedehead 3" CD.

10" reissues of the debut album & Hatful of Hollow:
2r24xme.jpg

j6tlhe.jpg

This charming man - German 12"
The world won't listen - Portuguese LP

And a few unlicensed cassettes, just because I have a thing for tapes:
v5lojt.jpg

Viva Hate from Saudi Arabia, plus Polish versions of Your Arsenal and "Vauxhall and J". ;)

Phew, that's a relief...I thought at first I might have been sold a dodgy knock-off copy. The rest of it looked legit enough; it was just the front insert that got me worrying. Thanks for putting my mind at ease!

Very, very nice! Been after that one for a while myself, too...no luck yet, but hopefully one day.

Your Italian friend is very good to you, IR. ;) I hadn't even seen any of those except YOR until now. Very nicely designed...

Some recent purchases:

Couldn't resist snapping up one of the Please, please, please promos when I found one with the little press sheet and no sticker across the front. And finally, I managed to get my hands on a copy of the Suedehead 3" CD.

10" reissues of the debut album & Hatful of Hollow:

This charming man - German 12"
The world won't listen - Portuguese LP

And a few unlicensed cassettes, just because I have a thing for tapes:
Viva Hate from Saudi Arabia, plus Polish versions of Your Arsenal and "Vauxhall and J". ;)

Some really nice items there Aly, so well done! :thumb:
Particularly on finding the Suedehead 3" cd, which does not come up for sale all that often.
I really like that Polish Your Arsenal cassette (I haven't got that one, and now I want it...it's all your fault!). :)

You Have Killed Me US Promo Cd
Cheers Moz

Attachments

• You Have Killed Me US Promo Cd.jpg
    You Have Killed Me US Promo Cd.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 10
Kill Uncle - Japanese promo cd
(I've turned the front cover inside out to show this photo of Moz, which is exclusive to the Japanese KU cd booklet)

I can't believe I didn't even realise that photo was in there...the moment I saw the picture you posted, I rushed off to grab my copy to check if the non-promo editions feature it too, and there it was... *slaps forehead* I only remembered seeing the other ones inside the booklet, which unless I'm mistaken, are small versions of many of the promo photos from the same era.

Anyway. ;) Finally!

rw2l36.jpg

I was amazed by what beautiful condition it was in too, especially considering the nature of the sleeve itself. Barely looks touched! :)

Aly, well done. I love that 7"..the Cover is just stunning. It is on my (long :tears:) list....
Cheers Moz

The Smiths: Songs That Changed Your Life (6 CD/DVD boxset)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smiths-Songs-That-Changed-Your/dp/B004V0VIBU/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1328447467&sr=1-1

I was talking about this a few pages ago, and it arrived in the mail yesterday. A few posters foolishly inferred this was a slapdash boxset with a bunch of inferior torrent rips

those posters have obviously never laid a hand on this beauty, because they couldn't have been more wrong.

A bootleg set, yes. But as far as bootleg sets go, this is assuredly one of the holy grails of Smiths bootlegs. Five cds packed with complete live shows, bbc sessions and vinyl-only rarities, the complete Troy Tate sessions, each with well over 70 minutes of music, and offering MUCH better sound quality than any bootleg of these shows or recordings I've ever heard or owned previously. The sound has either been cleaned up immensely or the bootlegger has managed to get their hands on the best audio recording of each show or recording out there

The true gem of the set, however, is the sixth disc...the DVD. Packed with over four hours of Smiths goodness, including rare television appearances, music videos and THREE complete live shows from various stages in the band's career. The Madrid show has some footage breakup here and there, which I knew about before purchase, but it is minor and infrequent and is remedied by the BEST quality footage of this show I have yet to see

As if that weren't enough, the boxset design itself is fantastic, featuring a flip-top case, personalized disc art, personalized sleeves for each disc, and a 32-page booklet packed with rare photos/promo flyers/articles on the band, plus an extensive and well-rounded essay on the Smiths and the contents of the box. There are even quotes from the band and other famous musicians in homage of the Smiths, as well as selected lyrics from the band's songs

All in all, an absolute jewel in the canon of Smiths bootlegs, well worth the $75-100 you will pay for it. You really can't call yourself a true diehard fan of The Smiths unless you own this, as it adds several incredible "off-the-beaten-trail" chapters to the band's legacy in pristine form/presentation

9.5/10

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My purchases for January. I’m very happy :)DSC_7879.jpg
LP - Kill Uncle – Yugoslavia press (gatefold cover sligtly smaller than UK version)
12- Suedehead – UK promo
7” – Everyday Is like Sunday – US promo (with title on front cover)
7” - Piccadelly Palare – UK
7” - You’re The One For Me- UK
7” – My Love Life – UK Promo
7” – The More You Ignore Me – UK Promo
CDM – Our Frank – Japan
CDM – November Spawned A Monster – Japan (Sealed)
CDM – Ouija Board – Japan
CDS – Suedehead – US Promo
CDS –Boxers – US Promo
CDS – Alma Matters – 1 track promo CIDDJ 667
CDS – Satan Rejected My Soul - 1 track promo MECD 337
CDM – Boxers – 3 track promo CDRDJX 6400
CDM – Sunny - 3 track promo CDRDJX6243

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom