Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Every single "serious" collector I know has something special I'll never be able to obtain, part of the charm.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
ARE YOU SAYING I GOT RIPPED OFF??!!

seriously though, I'm quite alright with bootlegs and as long as the sound quality is decent and the packaging has some thought put into it, I don't mind throwing down cheese on this kind of stuff.

will come back and rave about how much you people are missing out when it arrives in the mail, don't worry.

seriously though, I'm quite alright with bootlegs and as long as the sound quality is decent and the packaging has some thought put into it, I don't mind throwing down cheese on this kind of stuff.

Quoted for agreement... I mean, I like to have hard copies of stuff, so... It's worth it to me to buy stuff if don't have a hard copy of it already (that said, the constant RE-bootlegging of the same shit does get pretty tiresome, especially when it means wading through a sea of poor/mediocre copies of releases with a mix of the same f***ing material and 50th-generation tape transfers*... The hunt for the best version of "this" or "that" can be very frustrating at times).

I am mostly interested in vinyl and pro-CD live bootlegs, but, I mean, that seems like a pretty nice package (especially since I don't have hardcopies of a lot of the material contained on it)... But sound quality is certainly an issue of importance..... please, let me (if no one else cares) know how it sounds... :)

*Speaking of which, a perfect example: I'd suck some serious dick for a copy of Napalm Death's "Hatred Surge" demo on vinyl... I have heard samples of that record, and the quality is the best I've heard anywhere. The late-gen tape rip version floating around everywhere online sounds like shit...

Last edited:
*Speaking of which, a perfect example: I'd suck some serious dick for a copy of Napalm Death's "Hatred Surge" demo on vinyl... I have heard samples of that record, and the quality is the best I've heard anywhere. The late-gen tape rip version floating around everywhere online sounds like shit...

I typed napalm death in you tube, after reading this and half rememberig the name from John Peels shows. and had a little surf around the things that popped up, and I have to say there's some right old bollocks out there isn't there? what are these people thinking, I could imagine that devils/posessed voice effect being interesting on one maybe two tracks but it's all over the place, people make entire carreers out of squeeking into a vox machine? The thing that really amazed me was the amount of money thats thrown at the making of videos really slick video that must have cost fortunes, it's obvious it's never going to sell many records where's the value for a record company, and yet they still won't sign Moz? and i'm serious this stuff is laughably shite.

From a Russian trader, thanks to a tip-off from an Italian friend... :D

Dumb question... so, are these Russian releases? They look great with the strip down the side. There's no mention on PJLM of a Russian version of Swords - so is this a new discovery to the collecting world?

Dave

I hadn't seen that Swords CD so I tracked down a copy today. I have these official Russian items

Vauxhall & I - Russia CD [EMI/Gala Records 50999 215456 7]
Southpaw Grammar - Russia CD [RCA/Sony BMG Russia 88697 17750 2]
You Are The Quarry - Russia CD [Attack/BMG Russia 82876 66573 2]
Ringleader Of The Tormentors - Russia CD [Attack/Sony BMG Russia 82876890722]
Greatest Hits - Russia CD [Universal Music 460502601609]
Years Of Refusal - Russia CD [Universal/Polydor 460502670128]
Who Put The M In Manchester? - Russia DVD [Attack/Universal 460502601620 (super DVD case)]

but only these three CDs come with an obi.

Anyone knows if more recent Mexican CDs came with an "OBI" besides this?

DSCN0999.jpg

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom