Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Are they the ones originally sold on the official web store? I wanted to get the keyring a while back, but the cost of shipping to Australia put me off, as usual... *sigh*

Anyway, I suppose it would be good etiquette to introduce/reintroduce myself, but I really don't know what to say... I'm still fairly new to collecting, but I've been enjoying browsing through this part of the forum for a while, just for the sake of learning a bit about what's out there, so I thought it might be time to finally stop lurking and participate. *waves* :)

Hello Aly, welcome to the madhouse! :)
In answer to your question, yes I did buy them from the official online store.
Some really nice items you got yourself recently, very nice indeed!
SPM29 is one of my favourite Moz items.
Do you reckon they will release an SPM58 in a few years time? It should be worth at least twice as much. :D

Thanks for the welcomes! *waves* It's nice to have come out of lurkerdom (or however you want to phrase it) at last. :)

Mikael, that is incredible...how many different copies of Viva Hate must actually exist for you to have so many?! Surely there can't be many (if any) that you don't have now?

Probably the last of the big buys for me for a while...

jkvith.jpg

In beautiful condition, too...even the red flexi plays like a dream. :)

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/disc/vivahate-c.htm

Aly, I see you're in Australia. Did you find your stuff in stores or on the Internet?

Entirely online, unfortunately - which is a bit rough when the cost of postage to Australia is always so exorbitant. :( I do frequent the local record shops just in case, but there's very rarely any Morrissey or Smiths releases to be found aside from the recent CD releases and the odd copy of one of the remastered Smiths vinyls from 2008.

Universal Music Publishing Group Presents The Smiths CD-R

The Smiths 'Complete' 8 x CD-R

Lovely buys there, I.R.! I especially love those 'Complete' CD-Rs...haven't seen very many of those around at all.

As for the Universal Music Publishing Group CD-R though, does yours have a glossy insert or plain paper one? I'm a little curious because the texture on mine is just plain paper and I'd always assumed that, being in a jewel case rather than a plastic sleeve, it would have been a glossy one... I don't know much about these things though, admittedly. :o

A few new things...

20j0c4j.jpg

Suedehead UK 12" promo
Our Frank Reprise promo CD (just waiting on Billy Budd to arrive now to have a full set... :))
Suedehead: the best of Morrissey advance listening CD

Lovely buys there, I.R.! I especially love those 'Complete' CD-Rs...haven't seen very many of those around at all.

As for the Universal Music Publishing Group CD-R though, does yours have a glossy insert or plain paper one? I'm a little curious because the texture on mine is just plain paper and I'd always assumed that, being in a jewel case rather than a plastic sleeve, it would have been a glossy one... I don't know much about these things though, admittedly. :o

Thank you!
The Universal CD-R is an odd one.
The insert on mine is also made of plain paper, so is the label on the disc actually.
I was a bit suspicious myself when I first received it, thinking it might not be genuine.
I asked a couple of fellow collectors and it turns out that the copies they own are exactly the same, so that was reassuring.
Just a poor quality CD-R I am afraid...
Still, a rather rare item and a very nice and unique picture on the front cover. :)

Finally, a nice clean copy of Carne Es Muerte

Very well done - I know you have been after that for a very long time.

Which country is it from (I think a number of South American countries produced the album like this)?

Dave

Very well done - I know you have been after that for a very long time.

Which country is it from (I think a number of South American countries produced the album like this)?

Dave

Thank you very much Dave.
This one is from Argentina, the only other one I am aware of is from Uruguay.

Cheers,

I.R.

I love that MIM LP, I had to check my collection because I was sure I had a TP of it but no, only a stock copy. I did have Argentinian test pressings for TQID and TWWL though.

Got my Kill Uncle BMG direct CD today:)

DSCN0961.jpg

3d167b22.jpg

The 8lp version.

Hey mikael, do you have the white sleeve Maladjusted? I think is one of the record club versions. There's one in my local shop

yep thats one of the backs

Stop Me... German 7", the grey one arrived this morning.

Very Well done I.R., as usual I should say. These Coloured German 7" are truly beautiful (I only own the yellow one , so far..)

Cheers Moz

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom