Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Hi - I think I can get hold of a few copies of this DVD - I had a fair number of them in 2006 (as you can see in the photo).. do many of you have this title?

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

I have this and it is brilliant.The quality is sometimes a little shaky but overall it is just awesome.

Latest additions...

Viva Hate - Centenary Edition
Swords
Ouija Board - Austrian 3" CD (unfortunately with some sticker damage :tears:)
Peel Sessions - France
Paris - US promo

Mind me asking where you got your Austria 3" for and how much? You can PM me in you feel more comfortable.
Thanks

A good size piece of the shirt Morrissey wore for the encore at the Leeds O2 Academy gig last night + the Swords scarf.

The shirt smells lovely. Comme des Garcons Incense Avignon, I believe.

Ticket courtesy of Uncleskinny, cheers Peter!

Last edited:
A good size piece of the shirt Morrissey wore for the encore at the Leeds O2 Academy gig last night + the Swords scarf.

The shirt smells lovely. Comme des Garcons Incense Avignon, I believe.

Ticket courtesy of Uncleskinny, cheers Peter!

I'd like to think that I was the first person to catch the shirt last night (I'm 6ft 5" and was standing directly under it) but all I ended up with was about a 12"x1" strip of his button holes and a similar sized bit of other seam.

It's the first time I've been anywhere near the thrown in shirt and didn't fully realise just how wild it gets in there. Loads piled in, plenty wielding keys ready to cut it up... all I had was a firm grip. Well, two firm grips.

I got in to a mighty tussle with a massive bloke that looked like a bear (built like a brick outhouse and with a full-on beard) and wouldn't stop growling, plus two women who were with him... needless to say, their torn off strips were bigger :o

Dave

ps - IR, I hope you don't look like a bear :)

I'd like to think that I was the first person to catch the shirt last night (I'm 6ft 5" and was standing directly under it) but all I ended up with was about a 12"x1" strip of his button holes and a similar sized bit of other seam.

It's the first time I've been anywhere near the thrown in shirt and didn't fully realise just how wild it gets in there. Loads piled in, plenty wielding keys ready to cut it up... all I had was a firm grip. Well, two firm grips.

I got in to a mighty tussle with a massive bloke that looked like a bear (built like a brick outhouse and with a full-on beard) and wouldn't stop growling, plus two women who were with him... needless to say, their torn off strips were bigger :o

Dave

ps - IR, I hope you don't look like a bear :)

Very funny Dave, no I don't look like a bear!
Well, at least I hope don't. :)
Not exactly a massive frame and certainly no beard.

We must have been standing fairly close to one another, I was right at the front in a very central position. There was just one person between myself and the barrier.
I got hold of the shirt straight away, it just seemed to float directly over the spot where I was standing. Then as you say there was one almighty tussle for it.

Ally Pally is my next destination, London here we come.

Cheers,

I.R.

Just got Swords in all its formats, a bit disappointed that the vinyl did not come sealed ( HMV). The Vinyl looks superb, a really nice item.
Cheers Moz

Just got Swords in all its formats, a bit disappointed that the vinyl did not come sealed ( HMV). The Vinyl looks superb, a really nice item.
Cheers Moz

It will be a while until I get this. Could you post some photos of the LP? I'd love to see what the insert looks like

It will be a while until I get this. Could you post some photos of the LP? I'd love to see what the insert looks like

Sorry Flax but I am having problems in doing that, I am sure someone else on this Forum will post photos very soon.
Cheers Moz

It's been an expensive week!!

Firstly, box tickets for the RAH, even though I already had tickets, but these were right in the clouds. So I couldn't really turn down the chance of getting some better tickets :D

Then whilst trawling through the London record shops I discovered:

Morrissey - Suedehead UK 12", in near perfect condition
Morrissey - Sing Your Life UK 12"
Morrissey - The More You Ignore Me US cd single
Morrissey - RAH t-shirt
Doll & the Kicks cd album, these were great live and they thanked Mozza on the inside sleeve.

Then a few nights in Edinburgh uncovered these:

Morrissey - Kill Uncle UK cassette, to replace my mine with a damaged inlay
Morrissey - Piccadillly Palare Dutch 12", in beautiful condition for only £7 from a guy whose rest of stock was over priced rubbish, go figure :crazy:
The Smiths - The Smiths UK Lp white label
The Smiths - That Joke Isn't Funny UK 12" white label
The Smiths - Shakespeare's Sister UK 12" white label
The Smiths - The Boy With The Thorn UK 12" white label
The Smiths - Best II UK Lp

All the vinyl above looks totally unplayed.

So that's my spending over for a bit :)

^^The Smiths - Best II UK Lp

Is it really UK pressing?
Thanks

Thanks for the info...no need to go to Ebay then :)

Couldn't find any 2-LP or single CD Swords in Stockholm today just the 2-CD package. I did stumble across a Swedish Shakespeare's Sister 12" looking around though:)

DSC02131.jpg

...and I just sealed a deal for a new place to put my stuff:D I've had everything in storage for four days and I don't like it. Now I'll have room to get tons of more stuff:thumb:

Swords double LP arrived today. Ordered it ages ago from Feelgoodinstoreltd which i found on Ebay. Well packaged and a beautiful item some lovely pics of Moz and the boys

Alan

This arrived today, all the way from Oz:

Morrissey - Ringleader of the Tormentors, Australian promo cd.

I got it for a steal, thanks to a good mate :thumb:

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom