Now My Heart Is Full
Meat Is Murder
The Teachers Are Afraid Of the Pupils
Is It Really So Strange?
I Can Have Both
Alma Matters
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
/Shoplifters Of the World Unite

"Tomorrow" was on the setlist but skipped.

Morrissey was in fine form, and so were the fans in the front rows, as quite a few made it on stage. Morrissey's greeting lines while coming on stage to the James Bond theme was "I am James Porridge!" and later "It's nice to see you... actually I can't see you...".

A few words in "A Swallow On My Neck" were changed to "same old chatter..." and "...there's nothing more to say". In "Billy Budd" the chronology wasn't updated (as Morrissey often did) so the original "...now it's 12 years on" line was sung. In "November Spawned A Monster" a line was changed to "...in the clothes that she went out and stole for herself". During a bridge in "Half a Person" Morrissey said "burn down the Hamilton disco".

After "Half A Person", Morrissey said "that was not about the London over there (points to one side of the stage) it was about the London over there (does half-turn and points to the other side of the stage) of course I didn't have to tell you that, you already knew!". So then Morrissey offered his microphone to a fan who was shouting "London Ontario is @#!!!". Morrissey replied "He said it!... I was born in London... Ontario". In the song, besides the numerous usual changes, he sang "...you're too busy, to kiss me, kissy kissy, ohh...".

In "Boxers" he sang "you wish the ground would open up and take me down", and in typical self-depreciating manner, after the song he had to add "...that didn't deserve an applause". In "Now My Heart Is Full" besides the usual changes, he sang "just some raincoated lover's sisters". "Meat Is Murder" was introduced as usual with a little speech: "This is a song about what the British government and the US government and your government still allows to happen and I just can't understand why". After the song he added "...so the next time your Granny offers you butchered babies, just say NO!".

To keep up with the television remarks, "Is It Really So Strange?" was introduced with "I'm glad some of you remember the oldies... some of you are the oldies... this song is called 'Who the hell does Judge Judy think she is?'". Coming back for the encore, he thanked the audience for being "...so very good and we are so very bad".

More stage banter:
"I hope your friends warned you that these songs are depressing..."
(after changing t-shirts) "why would you want it... it's sweaty and second-hand!"

Opening act was Hawksley Workman.

info from passions just like mine

Thanks as always, Drifter

Back
Top Bottom