01 Oct 1985 Inverness, Scotland (SOUNDCHECK)

SNS22

Not Dead Yet
I got this yesterday from Smiths Torrents....

I'll bet this will make them happy to see their precious LOSSLESS sound compressed into MP3's....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5JGV0F4S

Eden Court, Inverness (Soundcheck) - 1 October 1985
There is a light that never goes out
Drums
Rock'n'roll pt II / R&B
Shakespeare's Sister
Big Mouth Strikes Again
Big Mouth Strikes Again
How Soon Is Now?
Girl Afraid
Groovy Kind On Love
Everyday
Asleep
Asleep
*** Enter Morrissey ***
Asleep
Asleep
There is a light that never goes out
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Unloveable
Unloveable
Hand In Glove
Asleep
Asleep
Asleep
Unloveable

Thanks to the guy who recorded this...

Let the whining begin......

WOW!!!
Muchas Grazias! (Is that the right spelling? :confused: )
Thank you!

WOW!!!
Muchas Grazias! (Is that the right spelling? :confused: )
Thank you!

I think Gracias has a C

but as Morrissey once said "We Don't Speak Spanish"

Fantastic Post!!

You'll never again hear The Smiths play Gary Glitter, Wayne Fontana or Buddy Holly - amazing, and excellent quality.

By the way, number 8 is Nowhere Fast, not Girl Afraid.

Thanks!

Peter

P.S - it might be worth uploading some of the songs separately, for those not interested in the large download.

Thank you very much!
By the way, what is this "lossless" business that I have noticed on some download sites before. Is there really THAT much difference in quality or is it an anorak job?

Thank you very much!
By the way, what is this "lossless" business that I have noticed on some download sites before. Is there really THAT much difference in quality or is it an anorak job?

None that can be noticed in an MP3 player...

I mean it's an AUDIENCE recording, how brilliant does one expect it to sound? It can only sound so good if it's not direct from the source...

FLAC recordings can run up to 10X as large as MP3 recordings...

Personally, I don't have the Hard Drive space for that...

They also have "Lossless" DVD torrents...But to me, it's so much easier to download a zipped .AVI, .MOV, .MPG. .MP4 (etc), and convert back to DVD with Nero...

Seriously....

Superb! Thank you so much for sharing! :D

More to come....

Tomorrow 1985

02-27-85 Golddigeers, Chippenham+
02-28-85 Civic Hall, GuilfordX+
03-04-85 Hexagon, Reading
03-06-85 Arts Centre, Poole (Morrissey sings "f*** My Trousers")
03-07-85 Dome, Brighton
03-08-85 Winter Gardens, Margate

Not sure if the last three have been posted here before....

I'll bet this will make them happy to see their precious LOSSLESS sound compressed into MP3's....

Let the whining begin......

This is one of the best Smiths bootlegs I've seen in a very long time so it's good that it's getting into the hands of many. I'm pleased you credited Steve (the who did the recording 22 years ago and released his master last week) and pleased you credited smithstorrents as the site on which it was released.

How you listen to this is of course up to you but it seems a shame that you choose sarcastic comments toward Steve, who has provided you with such an excellent recording.

This is one of the best Smiths bootlegs I've seen in a very long time so it's good that it's getting into the hands of many. I'm pleased you credited Steve (the who did the recording 22 years ago and released his master last week) and pleased you credited smithstorrents as the site on which it was released.

How you listen to this is of course up to you but it seems a shame that you choose sarcastic comments toward Steve, who has provided you with such an excellent recording.

No sarcasm towards him intended...in fact I am very greatful.....I also am very glad that a site like Smiths Torrents exist so we can all share and enjoy...

What my sarcasm was directed towards were some people who frequent Smiths Torrents who have on several occasions made crude remarks here about MP3s and non-Lossless recording....

I apologize if my remarks were taken as being directed towards Steve or Smiths Torrents itself...

No sarcasm towards him intended...in fact I am very greatful.....I also am very glad that a site like Smiths Torrents exist so we can all share and enjoy...

What my sarcasm was directed towards were some people who frequent Smiths Torrents who have on several occasions made crude remarks here about MP3s and non-Lossless recording....

I apologize if my remarks were taken as being directed towards Steve or Smiths Torrents itself...

Fair enough. Since Steve himself had spoken out against MP3s in the past I thought that you were referring to him.

I Had no idea of who he is or his previous remarks...

Personally, I can understand how stereo quaility might lose something being compressed, but I can hardly notice there being much difference in something that isn't already prestine...

But maybe it's just me...I tell my friend I can't notice any difference watching a movie on a 20" screen on DVD...and a HD Blue-Ray on a 54" screen...other than the size of course...

Steve recorded about 75% of the Smiths bootlegs. He's commented on FLAC vs MP3 in the past but the topic has been done to death already.

I personally find it pretty easy to hear the difference between an MP3 and a FLAC of a live recording. I find it easier than hearing the difference between an MP3 and a FLAC of a studio recording. As I said, how you listen to it and whether you can hear the difference is purely your own business.

Yes, my snide remark was intended to imply that I did not want to hear anymore of the FLAC vs. MP3 drivel...

MP3 is more accessible, which is why I posted it in MP3....

Thanks you so much.
The Smiths concerts 06/03/85, 07/03/85 and 08/03/85 are not avaible on the Drifter's Mozzbozz.

I'm posting 3/6 today...3/7 & 3/8 will be up as soon as I've finished downloading them...

I Had no idea of who he is or his previous remarks...

Personally, I can understand how stereo quaility might lose something being compressed, but I can hardly notice there being much difference in something that isn't already prestine...

But maybe it's just me...I tell my friend I can't notice any difference watching a movie on a 20" screen on DVD...and a HD Blue-Ray on a 54" screen...other than the size of course...

Steve is the guy who posts copies of his master recordings on smithstorrents. If you actually bothered to read the info when you downloaded the torrent you would have known who he was and the story behind the recording, like he does with all of his recordings.

You cant notice the difference of HD and a normal Dvd? Yes you are blind!

Steve is the guy who posts copies of his master recordings on smithstorrents. If you actually bothered to read the info when you downloaded the torrent you would have known who he was and the story behind the recording, like he does with all of his recordings.

You cant notice the difference of HD and a normal Dvd? Yes you are blind!

Not blind, just not interested in spending another $25 to buy a movie I already own...

Yes I did read the story and found it very interesting...it's always good to know what people go through...

What I don't understand is why people care what happens to something after it is uploaded. I believe that a FLAC recording should be avaliable for those who want it and an MP3 recording for those who want it...Uploading an MP3 version just makes thing easier for those who want to convert it and avaliable for those who don't know/are unable to convert it...

I don't understand why people need to be so anal retentive...(Remarks not directed at anyone in particular)

Back
Top Bottom