Why "DEATH"? I'll Tell You Why

I

Ian Edwards

Because Chuck Schuldiners music is unquestionably sincere and heartfelt and above all, true observersations that stir the soul and make music an elevator to the higher realms of consciousness.
Here are some quotes from the lyrics of Death:
"Destiny":
..Years of questioning why things happen the way they do in life
wishing I could turn back time
So we could join our souls
I know there is no way to avoid the pain that we must go through
to find the other half that is true..

from "Within The Mind":
Transforming your mind from the inside out
overcoming fear that made you doubt
Observing what is stored in the subconscious
Trusting what you feel with your gut responses
..Look through the fake for what is real
Making decisions by what you feel
Live for the future and not for the past
the weak of mind will never last
Perceiving visions that reoccur
Analyse your dreams to gain
a better perspective of your life
In control of your destiny with mind and soul

and from 'Perennial Quest':
..Filtering out the bad that holds us back
Take hold of what is true to your hunger
A hunger that will not go away
Plans for tomorrow, they will remain
Won't you join me on the perennial quest
reaching into the dark, retreiving light
Search for answers on the perennial quest
where dreams are followed, and time is a task
..From rivers of sorrow to oceans deep with hope
I have travelled them
Now, there's no turning back
The limit, the sky
I ask my questions Why?
What today? When tomorrow?

DEATH, From Rivers Of Sorrow...

I totally agree. People are so quick to automatically denounce "death" metal or rap because of the stereotypes that people think of that go along with that music. The same goes for the many people who say," Oh you listen to that winny sap Morrissey?? Wahhh, pity me, pity me..." Believe me, I've heard that a thousand times before. I'd think more Moz fans would be very open-minded to music because of this(Not to LIKE it, but to give it a chance). Chuck is the man.¿ Because Chuck Schuldiners music is unquestionably sincere and¿ heartfelt and above all, true observersations that stir the soul¿ and make music an elevator to the higher realms of¿ consciousness.¿ Here are some quotes from the lyrics of Death:¿ "Destiny":¿ ..Years of questioning why things happen the way they do in life¿ wishing I could turn back time¿ So we could join our souls¿ I know there is no way to avoid the pain that we must go through¿ to find the other half that is true..¿ from "Within The Mind":¿ Transforming your mind from the inside out¿ overcoming fear that made you doubt¿ Observing what is stored in the subconscious¿ Trusting what you feel with your gut responses¿ ..Look through the fake for what is real¿ Making decisions by what you feel¿ Live for the future and not for the past¿ the weak of mind will never last¿ Perceiving visions that reoccur¿ Analyse your dreams to gain¿ a better perspective of your life¿ In control of your destiny with mind and soul¿ and from 'Perennial Quest':¿ ..Filtering out the bad that holds us back¿ Take hold of what is true to your hunger¿ A hunger that will not go away¿ Plans for tomorrow, they will remain¿ Won't you join me on the perennial quest¿ reaching into the dark, retreiving light¿ Search for answers on the perennial quest¿ where dreams are followed, and time is a task¿ ..From rivers of sorrow to oceans deep with hope¿ I have travelled them¿ Now, there's no turning back¿ The limit, the sky¿ I ask my questions Why?¿ What today? When tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom