Stage invaders revisited: Are you for or against it at Morrissey concerts?

Stage invaders revisited: Are you for or against it at Morrissey concerts?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
MozDundee.jpg

When people used to walk across the stage and hug him and move on, I thought that was alright. Sometimes it was actually pretty cool. If people behave, it's fine. When it threatens to end the show, it isn't good. And if you are going there with the intention of getting on stage, please do not run at him. This kid in Pasadena caused the band to leave the stage for a few nervous minutes.

I think they should let the traditional "stage visitors" continue, but I understand why they might not want to.

I think if your goal is to "meet" Morrissey there are probably better places to do it than when he is performing? If you happen to get a chance to get onstage, I don't mind at all, but if you are going to the show with the intention of getting onstage, I think you are missing the point. Morrissey could probably take everyone's $95 and just give them a nice handshake and he wouldn't have to bother hauling Boz around with him. :D But no, the actual reason for the show is for everyone to hear the music.

I think the odd one or two at each gig are ok. When he first started out it began to get ridiculous; the man could hardly sing for being held; did Jesus ever have this problem? :D
This is why he has the lovely, but firm on-stage security that he has now, to stop potential incidents, like last night. There's not just the people to consider either, think about all that electrical equipment; if some rabid fan were to crash into a speaker or over a wire the whole gig would be interrupted.
However, the fanaticism is part of the reason I attend more than one gig during any tour; I love being down the front amidst a bunch of sweaty devotees all crying out for their hero. It's tantamount to a spiritual experience.
Just for the record, I had the chance to invade the stage myself last April; I was lifted above the crowd by two guys, there were no barriers, the security at the front actually let me lean on his shoulder in order to reach out to Moz and I had one foot on the stage. With hindsight, I should have gone for it so I could have hugged Morrissey, but the fact that he walked right across the stage to take my hand in the middle of a song, and allowed me to kiss him made me want to respect the boundaries.
I think I'll leave the invasions to braver souls than myself, because usually he enjoys the madness of it, but there's always one or two that end up catching him at the wrong moment and pissing him off; I wouldn't want that to be me.

this topic again. Morrissey and stage invasions will always be there, just accept it. of course, people don't want to see morrissey tackled, but that will happen too.

by the way, there is no proof There Is A Light was going to be played. He already played two songs for encore, it was 21 songs total. Someone could have made it up as a way to stir up more protest against stage invasions on Morrissey solo.

I have this, perhaps unfair, profile of those who are against stage invaders...middle aged white man, balding, in his mid 30s to late 40s, goes to shows with wife and/or couple friends, prefers to sit in back not up front (first row balcony is perfect), beer in hand but doesn't overdo it (optional), jean jacket(optional?), bitches to wife up about those damn kids invading the stage on the way home from the concert, American.

Or there is the person that wants to see the entire show and doesn't care to have that ruined by some idiot that thinks he is going to to tackle Morrissey. Don't know what "there is a light" has to do with it, but seeing you use words like "proof" is always worth a chuckle.

i told you exactly what TIAL had to do with it. Considering many people are complaining about the stage invasions because apparently There Is A Light was going to be played.

but seeing you use words like "proof" is always worth a chuckle.

still can't let the past stay in the past? You have to bring that up? I just wish to see a scan of this set list. is that too much to ask? by the way, the neighbor's son is now in jail for animal cruelty. Still no "proof" though.

i told you exactly what TIAL had to do with it. Considering many people are complaining about the stage invasions because apparently There Is A Light was going to be played.

still can't let the past stay in the past? You have to bring that up? I just wish to see a scan of this set list. is that too much to ask? by the way, the neighbor's son is now in jail for animal cruelty. Still no "proof" though.

Unfortunately I slipped and responded to you. I try not to, but not to the extent of putting you or anyone on ignore.

Any self respecting Moz fan should take pleasure in the fact he still has stage invaders after all these years. And apparently as passionate as ever.

Name ONE other artist who stirs this type of uncontrollable behavior from his fans. Elvis maybe. But that was how long ago?

:o

Unfortunately I slipped and responded to you. I try not to, but not to the extent of putting you or anyone on ignore.

no problem.

you are actually on my ignore list but sometimes i view the boards while not being logged on. I have to remember to always log on before browsing. :cool:

I always thought it adorable...as long as they don't physically harm him.

DXS

Yeah. I think it's actually flattering to the performer that his/her fans would want to be that close to them. If they jump up and give them flowers, throw a card, do a little dance and then leave I don't see a problem.

Any sort of violent or rude behaviour I'm against, though.

Back
Top Bottom