Morrissey, Morrissey-Solo, Morrissey fans: Culture on the rocks

N

NancyBrown

Hello everyone!

Jeez there are alot of people here. I love it! We are on the push and pull here it seems and I'd like to add some of my thoughts. Since some of my best friends are Morrissey fans, maybe I can find some common grond. I wish I had time to go through every post before I start going on and on, but I think I get the jist of the site and who visits here. I really think the content of this site is great and maintained very well. However, I don't understand some of the attitudes here. This is a very educational site, can you imagine the education these people are getting? Do YOU care?

Damn, Blacklist... I think this is a situation that the administration of the site can think about, but it's not up to you or me or a vote. I don't know all about website security, but I think trying to boycot users is a tough thing to do when they can reregister...there's always that person who doesn't know what's going on and will post a response anyway. My thought is that it's pointless to try and it's not up to the "kids" here to handle this situation. I don't know, things should have never gotten to that point in the first place. Is it that bad??

I come to the site pretty frequently to check the news. I am waiting for a tour or a contract or something to happen. I guess the waiting has got us all on the edge. That whole thing here about Morrissey spotted having lunch with Michael Stipe and Courtney Love really, really made me upset. I can't believe how much negitivity I saw...but what can you expect from a Morrissey fan, right? No way.. It was plain trash talk I saw, and anyone that had a strong negitive feeling about Morrissey's lunch should go back to kindergarden. You can have your opinion but you lose my respect when you judge other people for stuff like that. I mean, come on. I'm just glad he ate that day. Hopefully someone paid for his lunch, that's probably how they got him to leave the house anyway. I wouldn't want to go out when I was being jugged harshly either. Maybe I am and I am nieve to it all. I have faith that Morrissey is more mature than his fans and can disregard that noise.

Which brings me to my last point of discussion: The Guestbook. It looks to me like the Guestbook is not going to change. It's kind of interesting, but mostly disturbing to me. It's like a paperback romance. Someone should buy the rights to it. Whatever it is, it's not a guestbook. I can say ok, and not go there to read the posts, but what about that next Morrissey fan in line who is exposed to that thread of conversation. It's useles, but art? Maybe I'm missing the point but unless Morrissey is actually responding to that person, it's needs to get on another track. I really care about what is going on and I hope that somebody hears me. I can find somewhere else to go...BUT I DON'T WANT TO! I'm a spoiled baby and I want to play with other Morrissey fans. I will go though if it comes to that. I am trying NOT to go crazy. This site has become a real pondersome thing.

Anyone want to help me out with my perspective here? Maybe someone can let me know why this is happening. I am dedicated to Morrissey's music and style. He's not rude and abusive, why are some of his fans? I want to shout out to all my peeps! "With out love and support, I might come up short.. but I dare resort the the low-life soprt.." Later!

The situation is dire, but I think we're turning it around. Basically, to sum up, about 9 months ago certain people began showing up here and spray painting this place with obscenities or cruel tirades against others. Since this obviously deviated grossly from the great vibes we all use to get here, I decided to make a blacklist spotlighting the deviants so that their messages would stop being read. Without attention, these people will lose their desire to post.

Please join us in this effort. I will post more later. Eventually, hopefully, I will stop having to publicize this unfortunate necessity.

> The situation is dire, but I think we're turning it around.
> Basically, to sum up, about 9 months ago certain people began
> showing up here and spray painting this place with obscenities
> or cruel tirades against others. Since this obviously deviated
> grossly from the great vibes we all use to get here, I decided
> to make a blacklist spotlighting the deviants so that their
> messages would stop being read. Without attention, these people
> will lose their desire to post.

> Please join us in this effort. I will post more later.
> Eventually, hopefully, I will stop having to publicize this
> unfortunate necessity.

I see what you are trying to do and sure I'll take what you say into consideration, One Who Cares. I think I will eventually be able to read through and see for myself what kind of hole people have gotten themselves into. I just see so far that the two people that you have put on your list are not sure why. What I've seen from Lifeguard Sleeping has been ok and he's been here for a while. The other person is just gross. I think this person is just looking for the type of attention you have given anyway. I won't read those posts because thay are sick. He he har har potty talk is just not what I want to look at. Thanks for your effort, but I really think everyone here is more than used to being an outcast. BTW What was it that pushed you over the edge and decide that it was necessary? Was there a certian thread that would be helpful to look at? What does davidt think of this?

I would think that was easy to spot...

>What does davidt think of
> this?

I would THINK that D.T. would have had some pull to the 'situation' that others have assisted with unsurmountably- esp. in light of this latest 'blacklist' business. Don't you agree that if it were an issue for him, it would have been long ago taken care of?

Hmmm. I dunno. And as far as the lack o' respect shown on a Morrissey site, I can't explain any of it any further than the age difference some of us may experience. I myself am the ripe old age of 27 (as most know), and have 2 little girls. But I know there has been a resurgence of young fans out there, and I can tell you that although I grew up in a well to-do family, and had wonderful parents, I was VERY repectful to people older than I am. I don't see that happening these days. I have a brother-in-law and a sister-in-law that show such a serious lack of respect even to their parents- taking it WAY past a rebellion as far as I am concerned. Somewhere down the line, the vast majority of young people in America are being raised with a "What the f.uck, who the fu.ck" attitude, and it really is disappointing to see. I think it the liberal way many have been brought up in- but that is just the way I see it. I believe the message is translated here quite evenly though.

Laura

Re: I would think that was easy to spot...

If he doesn't think it's a problem then it's probably just me. I could calm down and let things slide. I'm not Morrissey. I don't even have a website. I have never seen this type of "war" on a site before. Thank you for your input Laura. I can probably get on with my life now.

Re: I would think that was easy to spot...

> If he doesn't think it's a problem then it's probably just me. I
> could calm down and let things slide. I'm not Morrissey. I don't
> even have a website. I have never seen this type of
> "war" on a site before. Thank you for your input
> Laura. I can probably get on with my life now.

Well, I am glad I was able to assist someone in getting back to their life. No, seriously. I believe if it weren't for people out there who sit back and go "I wonder what this person would do if I said this to them?" we would all be living very boring, nonsense lives. These are the people who make it possible for me to look a martyr in comparison!

It seems very few people actually think of the consequences that their words, their actions, their time spent on putting someone down actually has on another human being. I actually went to therapy because of the outward concern I show to others and their actions. I had to learn how to remind myself of the ways people are with others. NOT everyone sits back and is wondering "If I say this particular word to that particular person, will it hurt them?" That was a major thing for me. I became a doormat because I was actually living the most careful, cautious life that it seemed no one else was living! I was upset with many human beings because they didn't realize that doing 85 on a highway where everyone else was doing a maximum of 65 was causing a dangerous situation to be in existence- didn't they see that they could cause an accident that might hurt someone else or even kill someone else, and all because they couldn't be responsible and slow down?! That is what I was living with daily. I wouldn't go out, not very often, and I missed out on a lot. Though I did have a small child at the time so it was beneficial to her that I stay in- but I was so bitter and mad at everyone for acting to irresponsibly!

NOW I go out whenever I get the chance- alone nonetheless! I enjoy myself, and don't think about what others do so much. It ate at me (and when I think about it alot, I could probably write a book on how other people and their actions stopped me from living a normal life), and now I just let it go as much as I can.

Oh, dear. I have done it again. I am very wordy right now. I do not mean to keep anyone from anything- and I hope if you have even gotten as far as this that you understand that I mean the best!

Laura

Back
Top Bottom