Would somebody give me a walkthrough of who the Message board holigans are in this site

M

Mike Belizon

Can anybody give an impartial account on the things that happen on this site? I don't come here often. When I log on to this site I want to believe that I am in convivial surroundings. "Message Board Holigan" could be made into a good punk song.

Re: ..a walkthrough of who the Message board hooligans.. and a Ruffian..

Well stick around and you'll soon sift the flotsam from the jetsam of who's who in this 'community'.. There's an undercurrent of harmless baiting from some.. but it can be malicious sometimes... but generally just contribute and have a point of view you can back up with some fancy words!

I daren't name the Message Board Bullies, because then, they'd be waiting at the school gates to kick my Ruffian head in.. They are definitely not 'sweet and tender'!

By the way, I am Ruffian. And It's not an intentional violent monicle.. It's one born of Romance.. Someone asked why I used such an 'aggressive' pseudonym.. and here is what I sort of wrote to a good friend earlier today..

"..there was that comment about me being gentle and yet having a name like Ruffian.. Well, the Ruffian name came from romantic idealism actually.. Of my wanting to be a 'Tattooed Boy From... ' (Well, Birkenhead would seem too far, so I'll say Bexley), and my wanting to open someone's eyes (a girl?) to a beautiful and stimulating world.. Bit like a knight riding in shining armour in Arthurian legend.. And Apart from that, it's a great song"

!! If I jump from the top of the Parachute I am sorry Mike Belizon for indulging your question with tales of my own name!!

> Can anybody give an impartial account on the things that happen
> on this site? I don't come here often. When I log on to this
> site I want to believe that I am in convivial surroundings.
> "Message Board Holigan" could be made into a good punk
> song.

my best advice (seeing as how I have only been coming for the last 6 months or so myself) is to pick and choose posts by poster and subject heading. Half of these posts aren't really worth my reading time and I wouldn't have the time to read them anyway. It may become apparent after awhile who to and who not to read messages from. I always read messages from Ruffian, Working Girl, Cili, honeyinmytea, Librarian on Fire, Lifeguard Temping/Sleeping, Andrew S., Betrand, along with a couple of others. I find these to be generally worth my time, especially if the subject line is of interest.

We talk alot about different issues going on in the world as well as Morrissey and alot of us have very different perspectives which is enlightening, really.

Kirstie

Back
Top Bottom