Your ideas how to solve the problem of Middle East politics?

WinkWink

Banned
I say flood the market with very cheap oil. It's a creative idea that will go a long way in bringing down the power of countries like Iran.

look how many fatāwā can there possibly be?
i say we trade givin them those people for oil
its a win win
however
i should note
i only speak of those fatāwā given by 'imams' or greater

everything that occurs in the middle east is because of oil. We could say how f***ed up radical Islam is, but it wouldn't be nearly as powerful or large if the price of oil was down to $15-$20 a barrel (or a non-existent market...one day we'll have alternative energy). Likewise, US wouldn't be as interested to fight for it. The countries would be more democratic and open (forced to be) to foreign investment and so war could be avoided. Bin Laden and his kind would have little influence (though it's too late for that).

Oil...it makes the world move, and the Middle East unstable. The higher the price of oil, the more unstable.

boycotting using oil is the only way to solve the problem
otherwise the '7 sisters'(thats the oil companies) and their Arab co-conspirators will milk the money train til the world drown dies in a sea of toxic fumes and wars funded by greed for gas profits :(
if
meat is murder
then gasoline cerntainly is too! :eek:

boycotting using oil is the only way to solve the problem
otherwise the '7 sisters'(thats the oil companies) and their Arab co-conspirators will milk the money train til the world drown dies in a sea of toxic fumes and wars funded by greed for gas profits :(
if
meat is murder
then gasoline cerntainly is too! :eek:

boycotting oil is not going to work. It's currently essential...close to water and food.

the evil oil companies do want to milk profits, but they should realize by now they can't win a war for oil in the middle east. And i think they are finally starting to realize it. The best thing they can do at this point is temporarily flood the market with cheap oil--helping to bring down countries like Iran and syria--and hope to profit cooperatively with more 'open' and democratic countries in their place. This will still piss off bin laden types, but they wouldn't be as powerful without Iran or Syria or money from oil profits.

but alternative energy is the ultimate solution...years away.

Winkie
for my entire life that my father was alive
he made gasoline for the oil companies
as a chemical engineer
and he assured me that they can do anything
even destroy inventions that would reduce our dependance on oil
seriously
the human race means nothing to these people
only PROFIT
and when the world does run out of gas
well, you've seen Mad Max?

Winkie
for my entire life that my father was alive
he made gasoline for the oil companies
as a chemical engineer
and he assured me that they can do anything
even destroy inventions that would reduce our dependance on oil
seriously
the human race means nothing to these people
only PROFIT
and when the world does run out of gas
well, you've seen Mad Max?

it's why it is important alternative energy occurs before we run out of oil. though Mad Max society looks fun...the wild wild west gun-nutters would love it!!!

when your father made oil, there were many lessons the industry still hadn't learned up to that point. Now I'm sure they have to come to certain conclusions, and consequently, compromises in regards to their ambitious goals of global petro-domination . The reason why i think this is in part due to observing the gradual change in attitude coming from the Bush administration--one of the closest administrations to the oil industry. It's not just a change because of domestic public pressure, but also one in which they finally are starting to realize they cannot succeed.

and some of the companies are even starting to look into alternative energy for future profits. global warming may further motivate future US governments to be more closed off to the old, destructive goals of the oil industry.

i think we are at a crossroad in geopolitics, because of these lessons learned...and the world may slowly start to get better. But who knows. there is still a problem that needs to be solved. global warming and middle east conflict. oil oil oil.

it's why it is important alternative energy occurs before we run out of oil. though Mad Max society looks fun...the wild wild west gun-nutters would love it!!!

when your father made oil, there were many lessons the industry still hadn't learned up to that point.
when?
it was not for Nelson Rockefeller
it was for Shell and stuff til 2001 :cool:

WW I agree with you though I'm not quite sure how you'd achieve it? From my viewpoint all the oil barons profit from the high costs of oil, so the same unscrupleless types that will go to war over these oil markets are the same that will control/scupper the 'alternative' energy sources (see RTobbies post), you don't really think they'll give up their profits for the good of the World do you? These people that own the oil are our enemies, they know that so it's in their interests to have us believe that it's just the 'naughty' ones in the middle east, or Russia or China, it's never 'our' own oil barons that are to blame, the problem (well one of them) is that our 'baddies' hide behind 'our' democracy, it's their poloticians that send us to war, you see they become blameless, am I rabbittin on? (sorry) I'll shurrup now.
I'd join you in making changes.

love

Grim

Nuke em!

I say flood the market with very cheap oil. It's a creative idea that will go a long way in bringing down the power of countries like Iran.

Who the hell are you to want to 'bring down' countries like Iran?

Leave Iran alone. If it's evil you want to challenge there are much worse countries. Most of them are supported by you and your wonderful free democracy.

Who the hell are you to want to 'bring down' countries like Iran?

Leave Iran alone. If it's evil you want to challenge there are much worse countries. Most of them are supported by you and your wonderful free democracy.

i pick and choose countries i think are currently dangerous for various reasons...just like you. All petro-countries in the Middle East are currently dangerous and highly undemocratic (because of oil). So who are you to support them?

please name current 'worse countries' supported by the US...

i pick and choose countries i think are currently dangerous for various reasons...just like you. All petro-countries in the Middle East are currently dangerous and highly undemocratic (because of oil). So who are you to support them?

please name current 'worse countries' supported by the US...

Saudi Arabia. Evil, undemocratic, nesting ground for Osama and his followers. Shall I go on?

Okay, I will....

Last edited:
In 2003, the last year for which full information is available, the United States transferred weaponry to 18 of the 25 countries involved in active conflicts. From Angola, Chad and Ethiopia, to Colombia, Pakistan and the Philippines, transfers through the two largest U.S. arms sales programs (Foreign Military Sales and Commercial Sales) to these conflict nations totaled nearly $1 billion in 2003, with the vast bulk of the dollar volume going to Israel ($845.6 million).

In 2003, more than half of the top 25 recipients of U.S. arms transfers in the developing world (13 of 25) were defined as undemocratic by the U.S. State Department’s Human Rights Report: in the sense that "citizens do not have the right to change their own government" or that right was seriously abridged. These 13 nations received over $2.7 billion in U.S. arms transfers under the Foreign Military Sales and Commercial Sales programs in 2003, with the top recipients including Saudi Arabia ($1.1 billion), Egypt ($1.0 billion), Kuwait ($153 million), the United Arab Emirates ($110 million) and Uzbekistan ($33 million).

First Israel should end their unlawful occupation of Palestine. Mercantilism should be used to stabilize the oil price and to make generous trade agreements to countries in need.

The petrol prize should be global with the help of government influence, I would try to establish a tobin tax. A fair prize for petrol is the one today in Europe, about $1.8 per litre.

A fair trial and compensation for those accused by the US and now imprissoned in Guantanamo. By "fair" I mean no court martials but instead the International Crime Court (ICC) in Haag. That would stabilise the ability many things.

The US, UK and every state as a member of the Coalition of the Wiling should be prosecuted for crimes against the international law for declaring war on Iraq. And, if found guilt, be forced to pay for much of the rebuilding of Iraq and damage done by their military.

Something like that:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom