question for the meat-eaters here

nocturn0wl

If you ever had the opportunity to dine with Morrissey, would you refrain from eating meat in his presence out of respect for him and his beliefs, or would you say "Screw Morrissey, I'll eat whatever I want! I'll have the steak please!"

I have often thought about this and what I would do being put in that position. I wonder if he would become angry or annoyed if someone brazenly ate meat right in front of him, having full knowledge of his beliefs.

I think to be safe, I would just not order meat at all. What do you think you would do?

Really, who is Morrissey that you would change yourself for him? "Brazenly ate meat right in front of him..." - you make it sound like he's some sort of god, and by eating meat in his presence, you are setting yourself up to face his wrath. "out of respect for him and his beliefs" - vice versa, he should have the same respect for you and your beliefs. Seriously, you should never change yourself to impress anybody else. Pop singer or whoever.

I would refrain from ordering meat just because I think it would be impolite and a show a lack of respect, and that goes for my vegetarian friends and not just pop stars.

I'd eat fish :D
No, I'd only eat a big chocolate cake.

Seriously, I think I'd eat meat if I wanted to. I like thinking of him as of an open-minded person who can accept someone with different ideas.

I don`t think morrissey would mind I`ve learned to except other peoples personal preferences to eating meat or not like he has as well I`ve converted a few of my friends

I'd keep well away from the meat option. I feel that eating meat in front of Morrissey would be really disrespectful and I don't want Moz hating me!

I to would not order meat just to show respect to him. He said in an interview not to long ago (Jonathon Ross 2004?) that he wouldn't be able to go out for a meal with a meat eater.

Yes he reluctantly said that he would be friends with meat eaters but he could never dine with any. I wish I could have the luxury of only having vegetarian friends and only dining with vegetarians, but then I'd only have one friend!:p

A lot of people here would love to eat Morrissey's meat.

I think it's natural to eat meat (by the way, I hate the word natural), it's the food chain.

I wonder when people will start talking about plants' rights. then, why do people should cut trees, pick up flowers? they also have the right to live.

Anyone practicing doublethink?
I love my granny's goats, I'd never kill them, but I also like meat.
And all this because of doublethink :p

Last edited:
A lot of people here would love to eat Morrissey's meat.

Well, that goes without saying! :D

Of course I would refrain from meat if I was dining with Morrissey or anyone else who adhere to certain dietary practices based on religious or ethical beliefs. I personally believe in a diet that includes a variety of food groups.

As I get older, I've noticed that my body is changing and I've been cutting down my portions and limiting my dairy and red meat because it disturbs my tummy. I would have to make strange excuses to Morrissey about wondering geese or someone playing the tuba in the vicinity.

Now, the big question: if you would dine with Morrissey, would you attempt to slip off your heels and encourage him in a feisty game of footsies under the table?

Now, the big question: if you would dine with Morrissey, would you attempt to slip off your heels and encourage him in a feisty game of footsies under the table?

Why do I get the impression that if you were to do that, Moz would just look at you despairingly, sigh heavily, get up and walk off? :p Nope I don't think footsie would be an option. Sensually stroking his legs with your foot, now that sounds better :D

I can enjoy a nice Caesar salad now and then, so I guess a dinner w/ Moz would be as good a time as any to do so.

I'd go with a veggie pasta dish so long as I can have all the bread and butter I want.

And wine.

Morrissey would never enter a restaurant that serves meat, so whoever wants to wine and dine with him will have to eat veggie just that one time - I think that's not a hard price to pay for this charming man's company, or is it?

Morrissey in his own words: "I could not bring myself to sit down at a table where meat is served, unless, of course, it's human flesh."

Back
Top Bottom