morrissey/smiths songs in films & tv shows

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
there must be quite a few (not including the jukebox in the queen vic)

these 2 for starters - satan rejected my soul - in that reeves and mortimer comedy series (cant think of the title ) and boy with the thorn -in ,was it blackpool with david tennent?

Last edited:
How Soon Is Now? - Charmed, The Wedding Singer.

Please, Please, Please...(Dream Academy cover) - Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Panic - Shaun of the Dead

think the reeves and mortimer series was "catterick" mimed by reece shearsmith from the league of gentlemen.

I watched The History Boys last night it's got This Charming Man on it, though it's been looped to just music, no vocal.

Pretty In Pink had (I think) Please Please Please....
It deffo had a Smiths song anyway!

For those of us in the UK, the excellent and very underated series 'Early Doors' featured 'This Charming Man' played on the pub jukebox (with the landlord and two regulars singing away in the pub!) in the very first episode and at Melanie's 21st birthday party in the very last episode 'Girlfriend In A Coma' was played at the party.

Jukebox Jury

Shaun of the Dead played a short snippet of "Panic."

Alas, the others I was going to name were already mentioned!

Also, in Reeves and Mortimer, they did a piss-take of Panic ("...a lean side of beef - it just slips down...").

Peter

the wonderful gilmore girls

that show is full popculturereferences:belle and sebastian,sonic youth,elvis costelloand so on ...

on season 4 /(title of the episode:fundamental things apply) rory the daugher met a guy with a smiths sticker ans she respond to it..thez talked about them ans she asked him for a date and the wonderful rusholme ruffians is played over it..."my faith in love is still devout"

if you dont know this series watch it....you will love it

in an episode of "Shameless" (i think it's the one with kev's 35th birthday) "there is a light that never goes out" is played at the Jockey pub.... oh and i've just read that johnny marr wrote and performed music for Shameless Xmas special..

correct me if i'm wrong, but when the US series 'Charmed' first started, they had a cover version of 'How Soon is Now'. mortifying, but there it is. dunno if they still do it now.

I once heard First Of The Gang To Die in a fu***ng MTV program like Dismissed, Next, Room Raiders and so on.

Last edited:
how soon is now in Closer

I saw one recently and it was a quite a sight. I heard "Panic" in its entirety while watching some strange boy wearing nothing but Union Jack underpants ride a London subway car on roller stakes!

I think the show was "Jackass" on MTV.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off, albeit the Dream Academy version.

John Hughes (?) likes the Smiths

Birthday Girl uses This Charming Man

and lest we forget:

Who Put The M in Manchester!

Back
Top Bottom