The Star and Garter Nights

I would love to get to one of thse S+G nights but it would most probably have to be in the summer when my parents are away :) and my exams are over. Unfortunately I reckon it would be hard for me to get in as I am only 16 and therefore there is no way I could get a drink let alone enough to be drunk. Can anyone tell me what the standards of checking I.D. at these nights are like? I would love to go as it seems like heaven dancing round pissed to Mozza.

Well you may have blown your cover as the S'n'G management do read these posts!
I have never been asked for any ID, but then again I was 37 when I first attended....
How old do you look? If you feel you can get away with it then go for it. If you look 14 (as I did when I was 16!) then you may think differently.

My eldest daughter is 15 and I've been thinking about taking her for a few months as she would easily get in as she looks a lot older (DEANO AND MIKE KEEP YOUR PERVVY MINDS AND HANDS WELL AWAY!!) but I imagine her cover is also well and truely blown now me saying that!

Jukebox Jury

Unfortunately I don't look 18...I look 16:o I will have to leave it for now I guess:(

Do you reckon these nights will still be going next year when I finally bcome 18?

My eldest daughter is 15 and I've been thinking about taking her for a few months as she would easily get in as she looks a lot older (DEANO AND MIKE KEEP YOUR PERVVY MINDS AND HANDS WELL AWAY!!) but I imagine her cover is also well and truely blown now me saying that!

:rolleyes:

Well I've never been IDed, but I am 21 and I do get IDed quite alot around Manchester. I would suggest (if s&g didn't read this) that you come in with me and Lizzy, we'd take you well and truly under our wing, as when I was your age my best way of getting in places was to go in with someone older!
But S&G will read this now and don't think he likes us very much!

Well you may have blown your cover as the S'n'G management do read these posts!
I have never been asked for any ID, but then again I was 37 when I first attended....
How old do you look? If you feel you can get away with it then go for it. If you look 14 (as I did when I was 16!) then you may think differently.

Jukebox Jury

Yes, cover blown indeed. It's that sneaky way the people at the S&G have of knowing who 'practising troublemaker' and your daughter are just by reading this thread.

Derrr

Ah there's always a way of girls looking older..bit o' lippy, a short skirt, high heels etc. I never had a problem getting anywhere when i was16, only cos im tall though.

Well if they are still going when I'm 18 I will certainly come down a with a couple of mates and hopefully meet some folk of the forum, I'm looking foward to it already :)

What time do they usually start...is it really late?
Does it cost to get in?
Are the drinks resonably priced?

It is a long time until I can go but these are vital questions. :D

No it starts incredibly early for a club night. We always get there bang on 9 to make sure we get in. So we start drinking at 6 and by the time it's like 10.30, it feels like it's like 1.30 in the morning . The drinks are dead cheap too, well I only ever drink voddie but it is for that.

I would love to get to one of thse S+G nights but it would most probably have to be in the summer when my parents are away :) and my exams are over. Unfortunately I reckon it would be hard for me to get in as I am only 16 and therefore there is no way I could get a drink let alone enough to be drunk. Can anyone tell me what the standards of checking I.D. at these nights are like? I would love to go as it seems like heaven dancing round pissed to Mozza.

AAAHHH you should give it a try, beb. I was getting served at, like, 14. Steph and I will take you under our wing, show you how it's (not) done. Same for your daughter, Jukebox! :D

No it starts incredibly early for a club night. We always get there bang on 9 to make sure we get in. So we start drinking at 6 and by the time it's like 10.30, it feels like it's like 1.30 in the morning . The drinks are dead cheap too, well I only ever drink voddie but it is for that.

Sounds very nice to me:D It is something to look foward to, I love to drink so I reckon by 10:30 I will be of me yorkshire head.

Is there still a club in Manchester called somthing like 42nd Street? My brother has been a couple of times and speaks quite highly of it has anyone ever been? What do you reckon to it?

I go to 42nd street quite alot, its cheap n cheerful. It's pretty good on a Thursdays...other days it's the usual supermarket indie kind of stuff. Cheap though!
I think you should try come to S&G...me and Lizzy would look after ya! Although if you didn't get in, spose it's a long way to go back! And don't worry we're always off our Yorkshire heads by 10.30!
Jukebox: I really think you should bring your daughter, I'd love to meet her! don't worry..me and Lizzy would take her under our wing and show 'er how it's done!!

f***ing hell, 'what have i done to deserve this' in the words of the Pet Shop Boys? Exactly how will you show Jukebox's daughter how it's done babe, by tonguing her Dad, Me, Mike, and maybe even Ben all in the one night? I'm off for a bath to wipe away the dirties from Friday, i suggest you do the same Hudders!:eek:

Tbh PT, i don't think you would get in at this time after seeing a pic of you mate. I'd leave it, the place has been going for years (around 130 after being moved i think, S & G will clarify) so it's not likely to shut anytime soon.

But MORE Yorkshire entering the place? Can only be a bad thing eh Mike!

Last edited:
You cheeky get!! I'm the perfect role model for a 15 year old girl :D

So you haven't cleaned since Friday Deano? Wanted to keep my smell on you eh?
edit: that sounded like we had sex, we didn't!

Last edited:
Yes, did you have Garlic Pizza for tea Friday? Because that's all i could taste after the 'altercation' involving 2 people and a certain fruity.

Well it wasn't me, I don't eat garlic pizza..i'm a vegan :p

All I should have tasted of was vodka orange and fags mmmmmm

Tbh PT, i don't think you would get in at this time after seeing a pic of you mate. I'd leave it, the place has been going for years (around 130 after being moved i think, S & G will clarify) so it's not likely to shut anytime soon.

I am going to leave it until I am 18 just to be on the safe side and then me and a couple of mates will probably just come down for a weekend in Manchester which will be fun :D

Are the nights usually on Fridays or Saturdays?
But MORE Yorkshire entering the place? Can only be a bad thing eh Mike!
THAT WAS EVIL DEANO, US YORKSHIRE LOT WILL BE NOTHING BETTER THAN THE BEST COMPANY :D

Actually Steph and Fag Ash Lillybet have been very helpful in educating my eldest daughter.
Recently she has taken up the art of smoking as well as long having a liking for binge drinking.
So rather than bring her along and 'put her in the care of the Yorkshire Tearaways', I simply showed her the pictures of the gruesome twosome in action on Friday night.
I said 'Take a look at this - this is what becomes of someone heading on the same road as you are going'
She took one look and threw up. She has promised to give up the fags (I zoomed in on the greeny yellow teeth :eek: ) and stopped drinking all together as a result.
Thanks girls, I owe you a drink next time :D

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom