Morrissey Club Night in Edinburgh on 14/04/07

Hang the DJ’ - Smiths/Morrissey Club Night in Edinburgh on 14/04/07

The next Edinburgh Smiths/Morrissey club night ‘Hang the DJ’ will take place on Saturday 14th April 2007.

Details are:

Venue: The Mercat Bar (downstairs), 28 West Maitland Street, Edinburgh, EH12 5DX
Date and Times: Saturday 14th April 2007, 7.30pm – 1am
Tickets can be purchased in advance from: http://www.wegottickets.com/event/16492
Cost: £5 or Pay on the door £6
Over 18’s only

To join the 'Hang The DJ' mailing list or for any enquiries please email: [email protected]
All profits from this event will again be donated to The Dogs Trust charity – http://www.dogstrust.org.uk

Your continued support for this club night & The Dogs Trust would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gail

Who is going?

Last edited:
I went last night, dunno if I had a bad pint along the way but wasn't feeling to good. There was loads of folk there, excellent to catch up with the elusive P. McCould (last time I saw him was at the SnG many many moons ago). The heat in the place might have done me in, I only had a couple of dances & it felt like I'd done a sauna.
Well done to Gail for sorting it all out (again) get a bigger venue dear, please!
A big hello to all that turned up, especially the usual suspects.
I know it's only a small acorn but £6 was raised & is going into the Salford Lads Club fund.

love

Grim

It certainly was a fantasticnight - the heat was unbearable leading to some impromtu topless moz-esque dancing. I cant believe how busy it got.

Ps I thought the money was going to The Dogs trust??

Well done Gail!!!!
JIM

It certainly was a fantasticnight - the heat was unbearable leading to some impromtu topless moz-esque dancing. I cant believe how busy it got.

Ps I thought the money was going to The Dogs trust??

Well done Gail!!!!
JIM

the ticket money went to the dogs, I took a few dvd's to flog & I'm donating 20% of that money to the Moz group SLC fighting fund.

love

Grim

Thank you to everyone who came along last night and supported Hang the DJ and The Dogs Trust. Hope you all had a great time.

Apologies for the temperature but there was nothing the venue could do about it. The heat was also responsible for the equipment cutting out so apologies for that too. I will endevour to find a more suitable venue for the next one.

The profits are all being donanted to The Dogs Trust and a first count has shown that there will be around £350 for them so thank you all very much. Not sure what Grim's £6 is about?

I am currently having a website designed for the club and I'll post the details here in the next few weeks.

Once again, thank you all very much.

Cheers

Gail

Any pictures?

I saw a few people taking pics but I didn't take any, so hopefully some will appear soon. There's no stage at that venue D & it's the Arsenal (Edinburgh branch) supporters pub, so doubt you'd fancy it mate, let's hope the new venue is bigger & if there's a stage I'll reserve a place for you mate ok?

love

Grim

Was it the same place where they had the aftershow in 2004? I remember the heat too, Pins was on cans of Coke unbelievably!

Was it the same place where they had the aftershow in 2004? I remember the heat too, Pins was on cans of Coke unbelievably!

nah that was the citrus club (I think?). This was a wee cellar of a pub, very nice like but no air con so it was sauna like! I wish I'd have gone on bottles of water or summat last night.

love

Grim

I've got lots of photographs from last night and from the first night in November. I will put them on the new website I am having done for all to see.

Gail

Back
Top Bottom