Anyone else around here crazy about Pulp?

Everyone should own Different Class.

Pulp is the only consistent 90s "brit-pop" band. I'm not saying the others suck, but Pulp has a better track record.

Hey, hey, people!

I LOVE (big exclamation) Pulp. They were the first band I ever got into B.M. (before Morrissey).

As such, I've made numerous Pulp mix-CDs over the years for in the car and whatnot, and here's a link for one I knocked-up earlier:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ixpa0a

1. Joyriders
2. Razzmatazz
3. Live Bed Show
4. This Is Hardcore
5. Bad Cover Version
6. Babies
7. Disco 2000 (7" Mix)
8. Do You Remember The First Time?
9. Ansaphone
10. A Little Soul (Single Version)
11. The Birds In Your Garden
12. Dishes
13. Mile End
14. Pink Glove
15. Underwear
16. Seconds
17. The Professional
18. Lipgloss
19. 59 Lyndhurst Grove

It's a great CD for people who haven't listened to Pulp, or are only just getting into them. There's a mix of singles, album tracks and b-sides. I won't say they're Pulp's BEST tracks, because there really are very, very few bad Pulp tracks (pre-93 anyhow).

I haven't put Common People on, just because I'm bored to death of it. Yeah, it's a great song, but by no means the best Pulp song (I'm sure MANY will disagree).

Anyway, I've yacked on enough...Hope y'all enjoy it, and let me know if you want anymore tracks (I have all the old Pulp stuff from the 80s, too...Some of it is excruciating, but there are some gems amidst the rough, too!)

I agree, i havn't got Common People in my ipod playlist either. Dishes on the other hand, is a work of greatness!!!!

I agree, i havn't got Common People in my ipod playlist either. Dishes on the other hand, is a work of greatness!!!!

You are VERY correct! Dishes is such a nice, understated song...Just makes me go "aaaah". I think my favourite Pulp song of all time is either This Is Hardcore or Razzmatazz, but there best album is His N Hers (IMHO, of course).

I think Dishes is my fave at the moment, i love His N Hers, but I'm listening to This Is Hardcore and We Love Life loads at the moment!

Yeah, it's weird. When both those albums came out, I listened to them non-stop for about a year in each case, and now I really never, ever listen to them, apart from the odd track on my iPod. They're both great, I guess I just wore them out. Wickerman, from We Love Life, though, is just such a "WOW!" moment, don't you think?

Yes!!!!
See, i didn't listen to Different Class again until the end of last year, I over played it and ruined it for myself. This time, I'm restraining myself from over playing it! This Is Hardcore took me ages to like, We Love Life I loved streigth away. Wickerman...what can I say!

Ah well, good luck restraining yourself! ;)

Whenever I go to put on This Is Hardcore, though, I just think "No, no, no....Tracks 9 (Seductive Barry) and 12 (The day after the revolution) are just too awful to bear!" And The Trees ruins We Love Life For Me. I'm one of those stupid people that can't put on an album if there's even one duff track on it...

Great thread, I absolutely love Pulp. However, some people seem to lump them in with lots of the also-rans of the era.

Have to say I think "This Is Hardcore" is their masterpiece, the songs are so atmospheric. However saying you prefer "This is Hardcore" to "Different Class" is like saying you prefer chocolate to ice cream IMHO

Fave tracks: Something Changed, Do You Remember The First Time, The Fear, This Is Hardcore, Mis-Shapes, Razzamataz. This could change tomorrow, gonna listen to Pulp on way to work

Ah well, good luck restraining yourself! ;)

Whenever I go to put on This Is Hardcore, though, I just think "No, no, no....Tracks 9 (Seductive Barry) and 12 (The day after the revolution) are just too awful to bear!" And The Trees ruins We Love Life For Me. I'm one of those stupid people that can't put on an album if there's even one duff track on it...

Yeah, i know what you mean. There are songs I have to skip!

Great thread, I absolutely love Pulp. However, some people seem to lump them in with lots of the also-rans of the era.

Have to say I think "This Is Hardcore" is their masterpiece, the songs are so atmospheric. However saying you prefer "This is Hardcore" to "Different Class" is like saying you prefer chocolate to ice cream IMHO

Fave tracks: Something Changed, Do You Remember The First Time, The Fear, This Is Hardcore, Mis-Shapes, Razzamataz. This could change tomorrow, gonna listen to Pulp on way to work

for me, Dushes, Babies, Underwear, This is Hardcore, The Fear. Subject to change!

Night guys!!!

Don't You Know, Dishes, Pink Glove, Acrylic Afternoons.... where do you start with Pulp?

And 'Masters of the Universe' is great to yell along to when you're feeling daft. :D

I love Pulp, but I still have a hard time getting thrugh We Love Life. I half to skip around about half of it. I love Seperations though.

Oh! And of course i love Different Class, but This Is Hardcore is my fave by far. And it's so dark really.

Hey, hey, people!

I LOVE (big exclamation) Pulp. They were the first band I ever got into B.M. (before Morrissey).

As such, I've made numerous Pulp mix-CDs over the years for in the car and whatnot, and here's a link for one I knocked-up earlier:

1. Joyriders
2. Razzmatazz
3. Live Bed Show
4. This Is Hardcore
5. Bad Cover Version
6. Babies
7. Disco 2000 (7" Mix)
9. Ansaphone
12. Dishes
13. Mile End
14. Pink Glove
15. Underwear
16. Seconds
17. The Professional
18. Lipgloss
19. 59 Lyndhurst Grove

It's a great CD for people who haven't listened to Pulp, or are only just getting into them. There's a mix of singles, album tracks and b-sides. I won't say they're Pulp's BEST tracks, because there really are very, very few bad Pulp tracks (pre-93 anyhow).

I haven't put Common People on, just because I'm bored to death of it. Yeah, it's a great song, but by no means the best Pulp song (I'm sure MANY will disagree).

Anyway, I've yacked on enough...Hope y'all enjoy it, and let me know if you want anymore tracks (I have all the old Pulp stuff from the 80s, too...Some of it is excruciating, but there are some gems amidst the rough, too!)

:) thank you for this. i've only heard Pulp for the first time recently on my sister's Trainspotting soundtrack :)o ). the song on it is Mile End i believe, and i heard it and had to check the cd to see who it was and wrote it down to remember to buy one of their cds next time im at Amoeba! that was my little story...:o

Hey, hey, people!

1. Joyriders
2. Razzmatazz
3. Live Bed Show
4. This Is Hardcore
5. Bad Cover Version
6. Babies
7. Disco 2000 (7" Mix)
9. Ansaphone
12. Dishes
13. Mile End
14. Pink Glove
15. Underwear
16. Seconds
17. The Professional
18. Lipgloss
19. 59 Lyndhurst Grove

Thanx a million! But i could never be bored of Common people:)

Thanks Slightly_Afraid for that.:) Especially b-sides stuff can anybody put more b-sides from Pulp??:)

Camilla, which ones are you after specifically? I don't have all the singles, but I have most of them. Here's a list of the b-sides i have:

Ansaphone
The Professional
Ladies' Man
Laughing Boy
Tomorrow Never Lies
Like A Friend
Street Lites
You're A Nightmare
Live Bed Show (Extended)
PTA
Seconds
Your Sister's Clothes
His N Hers
Mile End
Yesterday
Bad Cover Version (Single Mix)
That Boy's Evil
We Are The Boyz
Joyriders (acoustic)
Dogs Are Everywhere (Acoustic)
Razzmatazz (acoustic)

...and probably a couple of others I forgot about...

Lol: bit of a list there, I guess. anmyone want me to zip them up into one rar file? I would just do it anyway, but it'll probs take a while, so I'll only do it if it's something people actually want, otherwise I can just upload the odd song here or there...

Jarvis has the sexiest voice in the world and candida was really cool on the keys!
PULP was definetly my favourite band next to mozzy - and the deluxe editions are amazing. I cannot believe that it took this amazing band 15 years to get famous and that some of them like russel and candida have given up music completley now. what a shame - they were great.

Ladies' Man
Laughing Boy
Tomorrow Never Lies
Like A Friend
Live Bed Show (Extended)
PTA
Yesterday
Bad Cover Version (Single Mix)
That Boy's Evil
We Are The Boyz
Joyriders (acoustic)
Dogs Are Everywhere (Acoustic)
Razzmatazz (acoustic)

Woah that's alot:D, but i think those are good, is ok, if it takes awhile, i took out the ones from His N Hers, as i plan to buy the Deluxe Edition of it soon.
I bought Different Class in Febraury and later found out that the Deluxe Edition of it, was actually at a lower price.:mad:
Thanks alot.:)And if i can learn how to upload stuff, i see if i can put the whole Glastonbury 1995 gig.:)

Back
Top Bottom