david bowie pet shop bow video Top of the Pops

Aahhhh yes! What a collaboration! Thank you so much for uploading!

I haven't seen this video for ages but was it the performance where David Bowie had woman shoes on?

I love this song, btw.

Yes! I think they show his shoes a couple of times. They're like boots with stiletto heels. I think they're futuristic if you imagine a future where functionality is considered boring and style is everything.

This video is funny also because of the interaction between the performers. I like that Neil Tennant gets a big cheer when he starts singing. But he stands back and plays a supporting role. I like this song a lot and have a few versions. They're easy to find. There's a rock version with Foo Fighters and David Bowie but I don't know if it has a video. Glad you liked it.

I've seen it again now and I have to say: Neil was sooooo young at the time!!! Really cute (he still is).

I was very surprised Neil got a big cheer because, erm, David Bowie is more famous than Neil actually but it's always good to see how popular the PSB in UK are.

I had to think about Morrissey while watching the video because when he toured with David Bowie Moz had to keep back when Bowie entered the stage. There's only one place for a David Bowie on this planet. ;) But I like Bowie, really.

BTW, Chris, who always seems to be petrified behind his keyboard, is quite funny in real life and talks and laughs a lot!! It's hard to believe, isn't it?

Are you the one that met Chris Lowe shopping some place?

cool fact about Bowie's stage rules. I never heard that before. I never thought that maybe the PSB had been told to stay in the corner. :D

Are you the one that met Chris Lowe shopping some place?

Yes, it was me. I didn't want to take a picture in the shopping centre but we've seen him on the way back on the other side of the street. He's in the middle with white shirt and dark jumper on the shoulder. His mother is next to him (left) and his sister a few steps in front of him with sunglasses. They've been very nice, btw.

Chris-in-HH.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality. It was made with my old mobile phone from a distance.

cool fact about Bowie's stage rules. I never heard that before. I never thought that maybe the PSB had been told to stay in the corner. :D

On the Moz/Bowie tour it was a secret rule but I don't know how it was at the PSB/Bowie performance. The PSB like it to be in the background and don't need this I'm-the-star-here attitude. So I think it was okay for them.

Thanks for posting the pic and telling about your experience. That's pretty cool. I'm glad he is a nice person and didn't ruin your image of him. ;)

Back
Top Bottom