How much would you be prepared to pay to see The Smiths?

Musley

wild and free
If The Smiths were to reform, how much would you be prepared to pay for a ticket?

Nothing.

I would save my money and pay a fraction of the proposed ticket price to buy the live CD, the singles, the DVD of the show, the book, the t-shirt, the badge, the special editoin CD, the special edition DVD, the postcard set, the coasters, the key chain, the special edition THX 6.1 remixed DVD/CD...

£0.

Would not be interested.

I'd pay good money to see Moz and Marr do their thing.
Couldn't really care less about Joyce Michael and the Mullet Man.

£0.

Would not be interested.

Mike,
Well that's one less in the queue for me :D

Seriously, although I would be there, I hope it never happens. Having seen them five times, I have happy memories and want to keep them that way. Same with The Stone Roses, saw them twice when it mattered. Dont want to see them just coining it in.
I saw the Sex Pistols at Crystal Palace in 2002, but didn't mind that as I'd never seen them first time round (hey, I'm not that old!).
Appreciate that is a selfish view and understand why many others would want to see The Smiths - they are the best band ever in my opinion and an opinion shared by many (and secretly by Mike!!)

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Same price I'd expect to pay for a Morrissey ticket - around €50. Maybe even less, as there are fewer band members!

Seeing bands reform only to charge extortionate ticket prices (I'm looking at you, smug Sting and the rest of the Police...) really saddens me. Not our fault you don't have a pension plan, mate!

Depending on how many shows I could see spending up to about $2000.

Basically if there just one show I would pay that much.

If there were more shows I'd probably lower that number to whatever it took to see 2 or 3 shows.

Last edited:
Mike,
Well that's one less in the queue for me :D

Seriously, although I would be there, I hope it never happens. Having seen them five times, I have happy memories and want to keep them that way. Same with The Stone Roses, saw them twice when it mattered. Dont want to see them just coining it in.
I saw the Sex Pistols at Crystal Palace in 2002, but didn't mind that as I'd never seen them first time round (hey, I'm not that old!).
Appreciate that is a selfish view and understand why many others would want to see The Smiths - they are the best band ever in my opinion and an opinion shared by many (and secretly by Mike!!)

Jukebox Jury

I will draw up a Better Than The Smiths list for April 6th :p

OK, if someone could get me a free seat for the MEN I might pop down and see for curiosity reasons and that the arena is 15m away so it would be rude not to.

However, I am convinced that they would be, if not actually crap, a massive let down for 99% of the people there and this forum would be full of people such as your good self saying "Well, it was alright, but not like the old days."

I will draw up a Better Than The Smiths list for April 6th :p

OK, if someone could get me a free seat for the MEN I might pop down and see for curiosity reasons and that the arena is 15m away so it would be rude not to.

However, I am convinced that they would be, if not actually crap, a massive let down for 99% of the people there and this forum would be full of people such as your good self saying "Well, it was alright, but not like the old days."

I'd rather pay the money to find out you're right than not pay it and find out you were wrong.

same price as mozzer tickets (which are the dearest tickets i will pay for, unless its a festival and still some fests have cheaper ticket prices than a mozzer concert)

same price as mozzer tickets (which are the dearest tickets i will pay for, unless its a festival and still some fests have cheaper ticket prices than a mozzer concert)

In the US, Moz tickets are pretty cheap.

I payed like $75 for good seats at Pasadena.
U2 charges $125 for tickets at the back of the nosebleed seats in a 22,000 seat venue. $250 to $350 for good seats.

I would certainly pay more for The Smiths than U2.

I've seen Morrissey what feels like a billion times already. I'd be really willing to up the ante to see Marr and Morrissey together on stage.

Well, paid 390 SEK (57 USD) for a standing ticket when he was here in Gothenburg. That's how much I would probably pay for any artist, 450 tops. Allthough I would probably don't see them if they reform.

whatever it took, it would be the 3rd best day of my life if it happened after meeting preston from the ordinary boys and the day i met my girlfriend

I wouldn't be prepared to pay at all, so I just hope it doesn't happen.

It would be amazing to see them, but I have to agree with the posts that said it just wouldn't be the same.

wow mozzer could do a free world tour and still have money left, same as U2 they could do two tours and still be loaded :mad: i think u2's tickets are way too much. they are good live but you might aswell buy a dvd for the price they ask for. i remember trying to buy u2 tixs last year for manchester and they were £70 a pop!!! so just bought tickets to see two other bands in instead :) .

I don't think i'd go to be honest. i love The Smiths, they are my favourite band, but as far as i am concerned, they are almost perfect (I can't forgive Golden Lights) and part of the beauty of the band is that they stopped before they sold out. if they reformed it'd be an arenas tour and I'd be scared it'd be like going to see U2 or something. Why spoil what is perfect? I never saw them live and at this stage I'm content with that.

If The Smiths were to reform, how much would you be prepared to pay for a ticket?

So Johnny what do you think the ticket prices should be?? And we'll only accept Mozzer NOT Martin Rossiter

Yes, I know what you mean. Half of me wants it to happen, as I never saw them, but half doesn't, because it wouldn't be the same as 20 years ago obviously.
Still I would pay whatever it takes (within reason) to go. I know I would, I just know I would.

Back
Top Bottom