I may be going out on a limb..But I must say...

B

Brutalful

I DONT CARE THAT THERE IS A NEW STAR WARS MOVIE!!!

Now Im going to watch buffy.

> I DONT CARE THAT THERE IS A NEW STAR WARS MOVIE!!!

*thunderous applause*¿ Now Im going to watch buffy.

Boo-hoo. You had me, and then you lost me.

Anne Rice + "Saved By The Bell" = "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Even the most attractive actress can't salvage a trite script.

Its not the actress...

Its actually the really cool nightmares I have every Tuesday night after I have gone to sleep.

Re: Its not the actress...

> Its actually the really cool nightmares I have every Tuesday¿ night after I have gone to sleep.

Strange. Buffy seems to be the comedy to me, where Saved By The Bell gives me nightmares.

Thats Mark Paul for ya...EEEE!

>He IS a nightmare...walking Talking Ken Doll with "Mattell" stamped on his foot.

> Anne Rice + "Saved By The Bell" = "Buffy the¿ Vampire Slayer"¿ Even the most attractive actress can't salvage a trite script.

Maybe you're just not intelligent enough to understand the true genius of Buffy. Are you a screenwriter? I didn't think so (you have no respect for the art.)

> Maybe you're just not intelligent enough to understand the true¿ genius of Buffy.

Wrong, kid! You are not intelligent enough to see the MARKETING GENIUS of Buffy. The casting is formulated not unlike the rest of WB's teenybopper dramas:

1) a youthful, attractive cast dressed in high fashion. If Sarah Michelle Gellar's measurements or [the guy who plays her boyfriend on the show] looked like Jesse Camp, believe me, you wouldn't watch. If Buffy was played by the girl who played Delia Fisher from "My So-Called Life" the show would've 3 episodes. The babyface factor is what sells most of the show.

2) It's all about the benjamins. With that sexy cast that keeps you watching, the WB always uses hit songs of the moment to market artists and pull music fans in. It's also advertising alot of other merchandise, if you weren't so locked in on the melodramatic love scenes.

3) Buffy has an obvious formula to rake in viewers. The 'vampire' thing has been in vogue since the popularity of Anne Rice books, and it is a great capitalization on their part. Since "Scream" came out, the thriller/sarcastic comedy mix of "teenage ensemble vs. the paranormal" has also become pop culture. When the creators of Buffy presented the script, they were a shoe-in for the deal since the show had the potential to appeal huge ratings--and they new it all along!!¿ Are you a screenwriter? I didn't think so (you¿ have no respect for the art.)

Well, are YOU a network manager? No!

You see, television no longer has art--just politics. Anything and everything on T.V. is advertising something. There was a marketing strategy before the show was created. Yes, you have an edge being an aspiring artist in the field, but don't act so hot yet! You'll find that your creativity will be limited to the expectations of your network, NOT YOU.

As for Buffy, the concept is not original--an idea different from the recent horror-movie craze--nor intelligent. The storylines are funny when they are meant to be dramatic. And, it is celebrity driven, not talent driven. (Don't get me wrong--Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alyson Hannigan are decent thespians, howvever, the lines are absolute cheese.) I've seen those girls in other works, and if there are any screenwriters to look up to, it's not the guys that do Buffy.

Look at all the major prime-time shows on each network. The WB is the worst of the pack because most of their lineup is a clone or recycled idea of someone else's show/screenplay. If you take note in the same style one took notes comparing "Romeo & Juliet" and "West Side Story", you'll see similar characters, motivations, settings, etc.

You are a Buffy fan, and that's fine, but don't try to feed me a b.s. line about the show being "genius". Beavis and Butt-Head was a more "genius" idea, although not saying much.

Re: your analysis of friends

> and what do you think of friends? i happen to think it has great¿ writing

Ugh! I hate that friggin show and all that it stands for.

> it makes me laugh...they are so silly

they are so plastic.

Morrissey was actually a fan of "Friends" - he attended the (I think) 1996 season-finale taping, along with Charlie Sheen, though, I doubt they went together! Lisa Kudrow is a huge Moz fan, and Courtney Cox reminded him that she once cooked dinner for him and her boyfriend (who was managing Morrissey at the time - don't know who it was).

> they are so plastic.

they are actors.... chandler is funny with his wit... spin spin spin... what do you like to watch then?

morrissey friends

Re: my analysis of friends

> they are actors.... chandler is funny with his wit... spin spin¿ spin... what do you like to watch then?

I like The Simpsons, Family Guy, That 70s Show, Futurama, The PJs, King of the Hill, Ally McBeal, Daria, and SNL.
To tell you the truth, I've only seen one episode of Friends in my entire life. I think it's all the hype about the show that makes me not want to watch it. Those roles are so stereotypical generation x. I like the actors in general okay, except for Jennifer Aniston- totally annoying!! I hate how the media constantly kisses their asses- it's enough to make one pull their hair out!
Sorry, but just the thought of Friends makes me roll my eyes.

> Morrissey was actually a fan of "Friends" - he¿ attended the (I think) 1996 season-finale taping, along with¿ Charlie Sheen, though, I doubt they went together! Lisa Kudrow¿ is a huge Moz fan, and Courtney Cox reminded him that she once¿ cooked dinner for him and her boyfriend (who was managing¿ Morrissey at the time - don't know who it was).

Yes.....well.......they still blow!!!!

VICTORY IS MINE!! HA HA!! :p

spin...i think you should watch it with anopen mind...i think you would be pleasantly surprised.... many people have said the same thing to me then they watched it and well now they like it....
family guy...that little kid makes me laugh quite a bit..hehe

morrissey friends

¿ family guy...that little kid makes me laugh quite a bit..hehe

VICTORY IS MINE!! HA HA!! :p :)

> Wrong, kid! You are not intelligent enough to see the MARKETING¿ GENIUS of Buffy. The casting is formulated not unlike the rest¿ of WB's teenybopper dramas:

I see the marketing genius and I'm not a sucker consumer. But we were talking about the script not the casting.¿ 1) a youthful, attractive cast dressed in high fashion. If Sarah¿ Michelle Gellar's measurements or [the guy who plays her¿ boyfriend on the show] looked like Jesse Camp, believe me, you¿ wouldn't watch. If Buffy was played by the girl who played Delia¿ Fisher from "My So-Called Life" the show would've 3¿ episodes. The babyface factor is what sells most of the show.

That's right, I like attractive casts! Is that wrong? But what about Oz? He's not a honey.¿ 2) It's all about the benjamins. With that sexy cast that keeps¿ you watching, the WB always uses hit songs of the moment to¿ market artists and pull music fans in. It's also advertising¿ alot of other merchandise, if you weren't so locked in on the¿ melodramatic love scenes.

The love scenes don't lock me in, they're cheesey. I like the satire, witticisms, and the way it's so easy to identify with the characters. And yes, sexiness always helps!¿ 3) Buffy has an obvious formula to rake in viewers. The¿ 'vampire' thing has been in vogue since the popularity of Anne¿ Rice books, and it is a great capitalization on their part.¿ Since "Scream" came out, the thriller/sarcastic comedy¿ mix of "teenage ensemble vs. the paranormal" has also¿ become pop culture. When the creators of Buffy presented the¿ script, they were a shoe-in for the deal since the show had the¿ potential to appeal huge ratings--and they new it all along!!

It's a winning forumla and happens to be the best show on TV. And as you guessed I loved Scream as well.¿ Well, are YOU a network manager? No!¿ You see, television no longer has art--just politics. Anything

Of course!¿ and everything on T.V. is advertising something. There was a

The viewer doesn't have to buy what they're selling nor view the commercials.¿ marketing strategy before the show was created. Yes, you have an¿ edge being an aspiring artist in the field, but don't act so hot¿ yet! You'll find that your creativity will be limited to the¿ expectations of your network, NOT YOU.

Of course, but no, I'm not a screenwriter, that's why I admire good scripts.¿ As for Buffy, the concept is not original--an idea different¿ from the recent horror-movie craze--nor intelligent. The

It is intelligent and sexy. That's what makes great TV.¿ storylines are funny when they are meant to be dramatic. And, it

But maybe you missed it when the drama was meant as parody (i.e. The Zeppo.)¿ is celebrity driven, not talent driven. (Don't get me¿ wrong--Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alyson Hannigan are decent¿ thespians, howvever, the lines are absolute cheese.) I've seen¿ those girls in other works, and if there are any screenwriters¿ to look up to, it's not the guys that do Buffy.

Cheese is humorous when it's meant to be. I think your complaints should be aimed at Dawson's Creek, not Buffy.¿ Look at all the major prime-time shows on each network. The WB¿ is the worst of the pack because most of their lineup is a clone¿ or recycled idea of someone else's show/screenplay. If you take¿ note in the same style one took notes comparing "Romeo¿ & Juliet" and "West Side Story", you'll see¿ similar characters, motivations, settings, etc.

Yes, but I still stand by my claim that Buffy is the best thing on TV.¿ You are a Buffy fan, and that's fine, but don't try to feed me a¿ b.s. line about the show being "genius". Beavis and¿ Butt-Head was a more "genius" idea, although not¿ saying much.

Beavis & Butthead *was* genius! So was Seinfeld. And yes, even Melrose Place.

Sorry but can I cut in?

I know this wasn't directed towards me but...did you ever watch Seinfeld? It's the best sitcom I've ever come across. I still watch re-runs. It's hilarious (great writing). Oh yeah, and have any of you ever seen Will and Grace? I saw one episode (season finale) it was pretty good. I don't watch TV much..so I'm not too up to date. What did you think about Golden Girls?(been off the air for a while now..but I catch reruns) I've always been mocked because of my fondness for the show...but there's something about sassy old ladies in their jammies that tickles my funny bone.

Back
Top Bottom