Boycott Moz

From what i have seen America is much the same. They will criticise presidents but they won;t let outsiders crticise presidents. they will stand by the flag no matter what.

Not true, not true, not true. As others have said, people in America are used to outsiders criticizing us. And last summer when Moz wasn't announcing any US dates, horrible things were said about the US on this very site pretty regularly. A lot of people assumed Morrissey was boycotting the US for *insert any number of reasons* and at the time, I think quite a few Americans were among them as months went by with the conspicuous abscence of US tour dates. And we whined and complained and pouted b/c of no Moz, but we didn't turn on him. Even when coming to this site meant reading all sorts of awful things said about America any time anyone dared to start a thread saying "US tour dates?" we didn't blame Morrissey for the criticism being thrown at us.

I'm honestly sorry for Canadian fans who feel unfairly punished for something they didn't personally do. But I also know if Morrissey had refused to play the US for *again insert any number of atrocious things our government is responsible for recently* I'd still support him even though I'd personally be crushed not to be able to see him, because I can understand his reasons for doing it.

Pity you can't read quite so wel as you run off at the mouth.

Answer this question then, please...

Why is is Canada being singled out?

I already told you.
First of all I proved your statement about no more clubs wrong with those recent videos - then you change the criteria. enough - give up already. It sucks, at least we agree on that.

Why did Moz single out meat in meat is murder and not talk about fur? animal testing? why ask why? He sings about what moves him, and he speaks about what moves him. He makes statements about what moves him. So why do you act like a three year old? Again I ask this. Why do you jump up and down and say "but he did it first, he did it worse."

Now if you want to talk about deer in NY that is definitely a good topic although our friend user "mike joyce" will think "that thread sucks too"

About the deer... and perhaps this will help you see what other people find so horrific in the situation with the harp seals...
Hunting season in NY is in the autumn when all of the baby deer, or fawns have grown. This way, no fawns are killed. It is illegal to kill a fawn. Also, this way, when the adult deer are killed, the babies are not left motherless to die as orphans alone in the wilderness. No. Deer families are kept in tact until the young are independant... until they have been raised and experienced a natural youth... at least a youth.

At least the fawn can hear the bird songs of one season and feel the shift of seasons... hear the song of cicadas humming in the trees die out as the leaves turn yellow and brown... autumn comes. They have one spring and one summer to live... and then they take their chances - as adult deer - in the wild with the hunters. Deer are fast and senstive, beautiful and majestic.... It is not easy to see them! But nowadays they are easy to kill and these coward hunters are just wimps and I detest them and what they do! Be sure of it! I am not upset when I hear they have accidentally shot one another... I know it sounds terrible. I do not want people to suffer and that mans child to hear his father has died - but i feel no pity for the hunter.

I do not advocate hunting. I will however answer your question.

Another point is the natural predators... Wolves cannot be running around new jersey suburbs. that is certainly not going to happen anymore. The natural predators are gone and they cannot be introduced into the ecosystem because they would do things like jump on the children at the bus stop and whatnot... whereas the seals natural predators should be protected and the whales and sharks and all the wild animals in that area should just be left alone and whalers should seriously be hunted... shot on site... people should leave the sharks be... they CAN live in that place if people were not greedy. wolves, i am sorry to say, cannot live near the mall. Arctic areas in alaska are different.

The big thing is that at least with deer in NY, the fawns are not to be killed.
Those seals have not even tasted any of life... no days of sun, no moon reflected on the silent and peaceful waters... no snuggling with other seals or with their mothers heartbeat nearby... none of that. Not even one full cycle of the moon has passed for some of them.

you can talk about regulations but as we saw in the video - canadian law enforcement do not enforce the so called regulations... they take away the media permits.
those sealers threw something onboard that ship... but EITHER WAY... i will give it to you - the media is twised and corrupt... i agree... i give that too you.
but they certainly did not dress up in costumes and pretend to club those seals.

clearly you did not watch the video - i posted it because it addressed some of your points... Again you go on about most of these seals being shot...

did you not see the film... over 50% of those shot run into the water and are not recovered... the bleed to death in the water. period.

Those hunters do not go out all day and hope to maybe bring one deer home after a weekend hunting... oh no.
they go out and club slow defenseless babies that are hobbling across ice... in untouched natural areas that are completely wild.
hardly any of those exist anymore.
they are peaceful and playful animals.

thats the problem.
Morrissey singled you out, just like he singled out William... or Hector... or Sheila... it caught his attention and his heart...
and that is all the explination i need.

I already told you.
First of all I proved your statement about no more clubs wrong with those recent videos - then you change the criteria.

"At least the fawn can hear the bird songs of one season and feel the shift of seasons... hear the song of cicadas humming in the trees"

you can talk about regulations but as we saw in the video - canadian law enforcement do not enforce the so called regulations... they take away the media permits.

did you not see the film... over 50% of those shot run into the water and are not recovered... the bleed to death in the water. period.

Once again, careful reading might save you some work. Clubs are illegal. The hakpik (not to put too fine a point on it), rifle and shotgun are the only legal devices used to kill seals. The hakpik, believe it or not has been cited by an independent committee of the American Veterinary Association as more humane than shooting as it typically results in faster and more acurate death. Do not think for a minute that I am defending the hakpik, but it is a far cry more humane that arrows, leg-hold traps, or snares as it lessens suffering - as horrific as it looks and sounds. In any case, the hakpik is not used nearly as much as rifles which is what I said. Thank you for proving wrong what I never said.

In Canada one does not need a media permit (Charter of Rights and Freedoms 2 (b)). The media are cautioned about not trying to interfere with legal hunting practices and warned not to get too close. There is no doubt in my mind that the Canadian Coast Guard acted as the law required it to, based on the way in which the zodiac was being driven. If I were to drive an ATV toward licensed deer hunters in NY, you might applaud my efforts (or deride my stupidity), but I should expect observing law officials to detain me.

The woman in the video said 50% are unrecovered. Oh, well, she wouldn't have an agenda. Were I cynical, I'd point out that use of the hakpik would prevent this from happening.

Something about killing young seals does seem particularly repugnant. And while I would swear one animal life is just as valuable as any other regardless of age, it just seems worse to kill the young.

Then you said this: "At least the fawn can hear the bird songs of one season and feel the shift of seasons... hear the song of cicadas humming in the trees". Yes, and its hellish hard on Thumper, too. Deer or seals don't possess the neurological hardware to appreciate the hum of the cicadas, whereas we do. My repugnance at killing the young resides in the emotional attachments found in my own gray matter, not in any cosmic law of justice. If I were a mature beef cow, I would describe this view as blatant discrimination based on species and age.

Killing animals is wrong or it isn't.

Shouldn't we target the 'most wrong' first?

i cannot relate to anybody who thinks that an animal does not appreicate sounds of nature. i know you are wrong - not from charts or neurological readings... but because I know silence and I know what communion with nature and animal is.

tell saint francis that. and that has nothing to do with religion mind you.

I am so done with this argument.

I made my point. I feel that your facts are getting boring. I tried to answer your question. I am not the one saying that clubs are better than rifles or vice versa. I would rather they use clubs than guns really - if it means that the animals are dying in the water (makes sense to me - shoot... it runs and dives off the ice for saftey - nobody is swimming in there to get it or else they just see an easier little baby who is less work than that one in the water...)

go ahead... keep pointing fingers and making arguments against the people trying to do something about this.
go ahead.
wave your flag and defend your coast guard. I am going to the morrissey show.
have fun.

irealize this wont be seen as a popular move by many, but for those who would feel the urge to post beligerently against "whinning, seal-clubbing Canadians" ipolitely ask that you simply ignore this thread and move on.

juste posting to let anyone who is interested know that ihav created a new group on facebook called "Boycott Moz" for all those jilted fans disappointed by Morrissey's statement last year in which he declared he would not be touring in Canada. anyone who would like to join is welcome.

boycott.jpg

It must've especially angered Canadians when:

1. You read Morrissey's idiotic statement anouncing his boycott, where he compared Canada to China and Nazi Germany. That statement sounded so stupid I felt sorry for him.

2. You saw that one of the PETA leaders of the boycott was that nasty, gold-digging, immoral whore, Heather Mills.

3. You learned that PETA was caught red-handed slaughtering adoptable cats and dogs they took off the hands of various veterinarians and shelters under false pretenses. PETA employees illegally killed the cats and dogs minutes after picking them up in their van, chucking their corpses in dumpsters behind a Piggly-Wiggly. Morrissey has yet to say one single word about this. I think one is obligated to speak out about the abuses of animals done by a group you're intimiately involved with before you're in a position to say a damn thing about others. This is a man who advocates that people be harassed on the streets and advocates terrorist violence against scientists and their families, yet he shills for a group - PETA - that abuses animals themselves.

4. Morrissey felt perfectly happy playing in Turkey, while thousands of dogs were being slaughtered because of kooky beliefs about dogs being "dirty" animals.

But what I think you should know is that the reason Morrissey "boycotted" Canada rather than another country was simply because he had not been planning to play in Canada to begin with. It's easy to boycott a place you weren't gonna go to in the near future anyway.

Last edited:
I don't see how the US is better when it comes to animal rights...more over, something like 80% of the soil is used for animal "farming".

The U.S. is shameful when it comes to the treatment of animals. There are worse countries in that respect, but the USA is certainly as bad as Canada. The USA is probably worse than Canada in that respect, I'd assume. He really should be boycotting North America, but he won't go that far because he has to pay for his Gucci clothes.

I don't know what you mean by this "80% of soil" though. Can you explain?

That, and he wears Gucci...that's like ordering fries at McDonald's when you're a vegan/vegetarian...

Yes, if we dig into Morrissey's life, he's a big hypocrite. Leather seats in luxury cars, Gucci high fashion, leather shoes, etc etc. Morrissey's "vanity exception" on animal issues is so f***ing funny. He cheers on people who send mail bombs to the home of a scientist working on a cure for AIDS, even if the mail bomb blows up the hand of the scientist's child, but Morrissey's vanity gets an exception.

But we don't even need to go into that. It's quite enough to point out that PETA themselves illegally slaughter adoptable cats and dogs - and barbarically desecrate their corpses - after picking them up under false pretenses.

Last edited:
theo...some of the 'facts' you use are either untrue or there's more too it. the PETA employees killing dogs and cats and dumping them were the actions of individuals. PETA is huge and they can't control everyone.
morrissey now wears non leather shows!! in the 80s and part of 90s he didn't--because there really wasn't an alternative except for ugly, uncomfortable Payless Shoes.

theo...i want oyu to say one thing nice about morrissey. please...why else come here? are you a fan or not? if not, then why oh why do you come here?

my view of canadians is getting lower each time i read these comments. can't begin to admit any possible wrong on their countries part. nobody is even saying they are bad, but that they have bad things going on at home. and defensive - super defensive is the response.
what babies...
and now all these people are saying morrissey does this, gucci does that, america does this, PETA does this...

shit... its like "mommy mommy pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez let me have my toy back... pleeeeze mommy.... johnny took a cookie when you were not looking and Sally said a curse word.... why don't you take their toys?"

gosh - one day as an American and you would lose your voice! one little blow by Mozza and you are rolling all over the floor crying and sticking your tounge at him and hitting his leg screaming you hate him.

when yesterday you loved him more than anything in the world.

"yes you're older now and you're a clever swine."

who needs enemies when you have canadians as friends!

the guy who started this thread is a coward and a wimp and he turned on mozza because he got his toy taken away and cant save up for a trip south.

my view of canadians is getting lower each time i read these comments. can't begin to admit any possible wrong on their countries part. nobody is even saying they are bad, but that they have bad things going on at home. and defensive - super defensive is the response.
what babies...
and now all these people are saying morrissey does this, gucci does that, america does this, PETA does this...

shit... its like "mommy mommy pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez let me have my toy back... pleeeeze mommy.... johnny took a cookie when you were not looking and Sally said a curse word.... why don't you take their toys?"

gosh - one day as an American and you would lose your voice! one little blow by Mozza and you are rolling all over the floor crying and sticking your tounge at him and hitting his leg screaming you hate him.

"yes you're older now and you're a clever swine."

who needs enemies when you have canadians as friends!

the guy who started this thread is a coward and a wimp and he turned on mozza because he got his toy taken away and cant save up for a trip south.

Your view of Canadians get lower each time you read this post.

Dont you think that this is silly?

You dislike the people of a country because they disagree with a rock star.

I am Canadian.i have never hated Americans because your government is trying to control the world.

Relax.let people speak their mind and debate this topic.

Dont Hate because people dont share your opinion.

fair enough.
i am just pissed of because my flight got cancelled. my first vacation in two years and there is an ice storm.
all paid for and non refundable etc etc.

i am going to the airport. i hope to get a flight and get in a better mood.

at least we all like animals and we all like Moz.

i get pissed off when people pick him apart when there are so many other things to judge - things that have not given anything good to this world.
whereas mozza has given all he's got and then some.

I am not hating Canadians... i am just disliking the defensivness. I don't know how many times NY or America is condemned every single day - by both americans and people from other countries. we dont defend and accuse others... or at least i don't see much of it.
whereas Canadians seem to get up in a huff about one harsh truth... or so it seems to me... and putting a slash through his face - just seems so stupid. he has said lots of hard to swallow truths about america... you dont see me bitching about it or defending.

anyway like i said - i am off to wait endlessly at the airport for a doubtful spot on the plane.

wish me luck... and i wish you canadians luck... i guess try and get to see him in the US.
cause i dont think its going to change anytime soon... his boycott.

Your view of Canadians get lower each time you read this post.

Dont you think that this is silly?

You dislike the people of a country because they disagree with a rock star.

I am Canadian.i have never hated Americans because your government is trying to control the world.

Relax.let people speak their mind and debate this topic.

Dont Hate because people dont share your opinion.

that sucks about your flight being delayed.

i understand what you are saying about the post.i can agree with you,but sometimes we do complain about the little things in life.

i may not agree with his choice,but i wont boycott or trash him just because we have different opinions on this topic. his music means too much to me,and that is what is important.

anyways,hope you get on your flight soon and that you enjoy your vacation.

HIM - I don't believe you mean to be taken seriously. Is the rediculousness of your suggestion intended as a comparison with the serious discussion on deeply held beliefs and ethical issues explored here? :(

morrisseys hair = hot

youre just jealous you cant pull it off.

Oh, how ironic.:rolleyes:

Bloody idiot. i guess what the american media say about canadians is true in your case

one little blow by Mozza and you are rolling all over the floor crying and sticking your tounge at him and hitting his leg screaming you hate him.

I absolutely agree with suparni.

What about calves and lambs Moz? The USA slaughter thousands of those every day.

sayin'

I don't know what you mean by this "80% of soil" though. Can you explain?

Yeah, by soil I meant land, land that covers the united states. find the accurate percentage somewhere, it might even be above 80%

juste skimmed through some of the responses.

first off- the idea that Canadians are of thin skin and thats why im bitching is a joke. idont care if anyone thinks we're some kind of barabric nation becos of the seal hunt becos that notion is completely idiotic. if some tit somewhere else in the world wants to hav that opinion they can go right ahead and iwont care. the only reason icare in this instance is becos the person havin this opinion happens to me my favourite artist- someone ihad respected more than juste for being a good singer, someone ihad held to a relatively high standard of intelligence. its been profoundly disappointing to me to see that Morrissey has adopted such an ignorant and naive viewpoint on this matter. idont expect him to be fine with the seal hunt- iexpect him to condemn it- but ialso dont expect him to be so immature in his thoughts and actions surrounding the matter and to as maleable as a child when confronted with pictures of baby seals.

second- the person who posted the pictures of white fur baby seals has completely no idea. everything depicted in those pictures is illegal and those who would commit the actions depicted would be subject to lengthy jail time.

Back
Top Bottom