Boycott Moz

i boycott your face. how bout that.
get that red thing off him, jerk.

Can't really support your boycott, I like his hair. But stabbing seals til they're bloodless is something I really disgust. So I do support Morrissey's boycott.

then there must be something seriously wrong with you.

This thread and the starter of the thread is ridiculous. Get a life. And your head checked....cuz your not right in the head.

This thread and the starter of the thread is ridiculous. Get a life. And your head checked....cuz your not right in the head.

owned.jpg

First of all when you tell me that somebody uses a traditional pic of some sort - I really don't care! AND I don't think shooting the animal with a rifle as it sits there helpless in the snow hobbling along is something you should be throwing a parade over either!

And you can sit here and try to act like i don't know anything whatsoever and I am dumb and stupid for saying flies instead of bees - but headsup to you! I am not the one you are trying to see play live! I could care less as I head off to the East coast Morrissey shows tee hee.

Go ahead and rant and rave about how bad everyone else is shooting deer and this and that... but the fact remains that this jerk is acting like a baby and bitching and moaning about Morrissey - justifying what the Canadians do to a certain extent saying "but he did it too! he did it first" and "its a tradition boo hoo boo hoo, they can't get any other job boo hoo boo hoo."

i really don't know and i really don't care!
but i think its ugly and i am going to see mozza.

love
s

mighty_hunter_2006.jpg

sealcull.jpg

clubbed.jpg

baby_seal_picture_T3526.jpg

sorry to all the Canadians who are not being a baby putting a slash through Mozzas face and suggesting that we boycott! sorry to you that you have to listen to this... i just think the guy who started this thread SUCKS
and so do everybody who defend Canada in the name of tradtion. I would never defend any hunter i dont care where they are from.

Oh, dear!

Parade? What parade? There is no parade. The seal hunt is awful. But it is no worse than any other hunt taking place in any other country in the world. That is my point. By choosing Canada PETA and Moz are not targeting the worst offenders of animal rights, merely what they market as the most horrific.

BTW, check the date on those pics. Might help if you weren't protesting what was happening 20 years ago.

I understand your point of view and I read what you had to say carefully. I STILL DISAGREE and I AM STILL ILL about it.

This is still going on... and if it were not then IN 2006 Greenland would not have completely boycotted Canandian seal pelts due to the inhumane meathod of killing. Greenland purchased 15% the year prior and for higher prices for the lack of bullet holes... Oh yes still going on. Greenland boycotted Canada until they would kill with rifles - so if Canadian hunters change it is for money, not because they have grown hearts... anyhow it does not matter how or why... JUST CHANGE!

Greenland imported over 46,000 Canadian pelts in the first three-quarters of 2005... the boycott was declared in 2006. So you are once again wrong.

And anyway if you think its so very much better to run around shooting seals with rifles then once again we disagree.

"oh no peta is lying blah blah blah, my country shoots baby seals with guns so we are not bad!"
no way man!

Why can't you Canadians just take the truth and swallow it. I am from NY. So what? Yeah, people make fun of NY all the time, America all the time.. you dont see me running around saying "no my president is not really an asshole ... you are just seeing bad footage, that is how he used to be, he got smart... really."

you are such a wimp. just take it and stop hiding behind your well dressed lies. just because you are articulate and can spit out words as if they are facts, it does not mean you are right or it is true.

and it really does not matter what you think about Moz and his boycott. it is not stupid if it touches his heart and no one is to say what is the worst offense in terms of disrespecting life... it is all horrible... and he does not have to choose according to numbers or math - where he puts his energy or chooses to act. IT IS MOZZA' S CHOICE! A beautiful choice that deserves applause. I have no idea why you Canadians can't just own it... your hunters and govt suck on this issue. They suck suck suck.. .instead you start screaming about this country and no they kill the seals in a nice way nowadays...

mmmm.... you even start telling me that they beat baby seals or shoot them to death to help the environment....
pfffffffff.

if they were not abusing life in Canada anymore but stopped 20 years ago - why is Mozza not touring this year? And why does everybody basically agree that canada is barbaric on this topic?

Go Moz! I support Morrissey, his boycott, and I hope that all consumers completely boycott fur and all those wimpy "mighty warriors" killing defenseless babies who have seen but a few days or weeks or perhaps months on this planet in the sun, on the ice, with their mamas... I hope those hunters have to go and get a real job for the first time in their lives. Develop a real skill
My grandma could kill a seal and make a living that way... so could my 4 year old nephew.
WIMPS! WIMPS WIMPS! Own it Canadian complainers.
and take the slash off of Mozzas face
how dare you hate on him for being true to himself and his heart
and how dare you defend that MOB of people you call a country.
all countries and MOBs suck! individuals are intelligent... artists are intelligent... so go take your red slash and your stupid boycott movement and shove it up your ass.
excuse me for being so rude and nasty but the animal rights thing is my weakness... so PISS OFF! :mad:

and as for you mr. mmmmmmmm. Just own it and go do some homework and get your facts straight - and don't try to tell me how wonderful and humane your country is because they use guns to kill baby seals.

and don't talk to me about killing baby seals is illegal - bullshit- they still kill babies and you know it... and furthermore even if they just killed the babies mama and papa - am i supposed to respect you for that?

well i wont.

Last edited:
Last edited:
and one more thing! Why didn't all of you complain when Moz and the SMITHS wrote a song singling out MEAT. Why didn't everybody freak out when he did not write FUR IS MURDER too?

why
because their stupid national ego was not hurt by Meat Is Murder.

Now your stupid mob national ego conditioning is acting up!
and proving your idiocy and blindness.
thats why.

love
suparni

and one more thing! Why didn't all of you complain when Moz and the SMITHS wrote a song singling out MEAT. Why didn't everybody freak out when he did not write FUR IS MURDER too?

why

thats why.

love
suparni

Hahahaha how silly. He can;t write about every issue at once. And if you stop eating animals it ussually foolows that you don;t wear animals. just using logic.

Hahahaha how silly. He can;t write about every issue at once. And if you stop eating animals it ussually foolows that you don;t wear animals. just using logic.

exactly my point. He writes about what he feels inspired to move with.
and these people do not respect that.
i do.
in fact, thank goodness for that.

why

thats why.

love
suparni

yeah...this is true about many canadians...it's unfortunate. this is true also when concerning US conservative patriots. but the difference--canadian nationalism crosses political and social lines. everyone there loves Canada and will defend its good--"we are not like those people to the south of us"--name :rolleyes:

yeah...this is true about many canadians...it's unfortunate. this is true also when concerning US conservative patriots. but the difference--canadian nationalism crosses political and social lines. everyone there loves Canada and will defend its good--"we are not like those people to the south of us"--name :rolleyes:

From what i have seen America is much the same. They will criticise presidents but they won;t let outsiders crticise presidents. they will stand by the flag no matter what. Whereas in Britain we are self loathing characters

From what i have seen America is much the same. They will criticise presidents but they won;t let outsiders crticise presidents. they will stand by the flag no matter what. Whereas in Britain we are self loathing characters

Well you have not been in America lately - especially not NY.

It was once said that NY should succeed from the rest of the United States.

I completely agreed.

Thank goodness NY is not like middle america... and thank goodness none of us are like CANADA! because anybody who is blindly promoting the Gvt or Mob no matter what... well.. I sure wouldn't want to be them... plus, they don't even get to see Moz! :D :p

sorry but that is so not true- canadian patriotism is much lesser than that of the US. at least canada is not as great of an imperialist country (although it is basically an ass kisser of an imperialist country...). i am canadian and i hate canada, most people i know don't care about canada and want to get out of here. wink wink, have you ever been to canada? do you know any people from canada? assuming that "everyone there loves canada" is silly. while you're at it, take a walk in the states and then come back and tell me who is a greater patriot. canadians shit on their heritage because there is no "canadian" heritage. this is like a country made up of hundreds of different nationalities, diveristy is strongly enforced. therefore many find it hard to be "patriots" or at least to the extent of the americans....of course, if you come across a hockey fan, you might get a different impression...

I understand your point of view and I read what you had to say carefully. I STILL DISAGREE and I AM STILL ILL about it.

And anyway if you think its so very much better to run around shooting seals with rifles then once again we disagree.

"oh no peta is lying blah blah blah, my country shoots baby seals with guns so we are not bad!"

you are such a wimp. just take it and stop hiding behind your well dressed lies. just because you are articulate and can spit out words as if they are facts, it does not mean you are right or it is true.

mmmm.... you even start telling me that they beat baby seals or shoot them to death to help the environment....
pfffffffff.

if they were not abusing life in Canada anymore but stopped 20 years ago - why is Mozza not touring this year? And why does everybody basically agree that canada is barbaric on this topic?

how dare you hate on him for being true to himself and his heart
and how dare you defend that MOB of people you call a country.
all countries and MOBs suck! individuals are intelligent... artists are intelligent... so go take your red slash and your stupid boycott movement and shove it up your ass.
excuse me for being so rude and nasty but the animal rights thing is my weakness... so PISS OFF! :mad:

and as for you mr. mmmmmmmm. Just own it and go do some homework and get your facts straight - and don't try to tell me how wonderful and humane your country is because they use guns to kill baby seals.

and don't talk to me about killing baby seals is illegal - bullshit- they still kill babies and you know it... and furthermore even if they just killed the babies mama and papa - am i supposed to respect you for that?

well i wont.

Pity you can't read quite so wel as you run off at the mouth.

I believe I said that the seal hunt was barbaric; horrific.

I stand behind my conviction that the white-coats are not hunted legally and that 90% of seals are hunted with rifles. The ones hunted in the footage you will note were considerably larger that the white pup at the start of the video and able to swim fine on their own (why do you think the hunters run?) I have no pride in that fact but if I might reiterate:

Canada is no worse for licensing the hunting of seals that any other nation for allowing hunting within its own borders. If that makes it an equal amongst scoundrels, then so be it.

PETA does lie. The editors of those videos also misrepresented the facts (the 25 ft fishing boat was attempting to hit the zodiac! You ever try to steer a cape-islander? Watch the footage and draw a reasonable conclusion.)

Let the facts speak for themselves. There is plenty to despise in the seal hunt (I've said so myself), and so is there in the NY state white-tail hunt (~100 000 killed per year) or the US beef industry (100 million killed per year). But let's let the facts speak for themselves. Why dress them up in a furry white coat? You ever see a deer dressed in the field? Ever see one shot with a bow? How about pigs being killed in an abatoire? It doesn't make great footage either.

Incidentally, I never suggested killing seals to prevent them from overpopulating (i.e. dying of starvation) and destroying an already overtaxed ecosystem. I only pointed out that this is what will happen.

You say animal rights is your weakness. I would suggest that capacity for logic might not be far behind in your litany of deficiencies.

Let me put it clear

If killing animals is a bad thing to do
and seals are animals
Canada is doing a bad thing

If killing animals is a bad thing to do
And most other countries in the world kill animals
Most other countries in the world are doing a bad thing

Now let me ask the questions:

Is it because Canada kills the most animals that it is being singled out?
No.

Is it Canada does not regulate the killing of these animals?
No.

Is it because Canada is killing them in a more inhumane manner than other countries?
No.

Is it because the life of a seal is more valuable than the life of other mammals like deer, bear or Iraqi civilians?
No.

Answer this question then, please...

Why is is Canada being singled out?

Well you have not been in America lately - especially not NY.

It was once said that NY should succeed from the rest of the United States.

I completely agreed.

Thank goodness NY is not like middle america... and thank goodness none of us are like CANADA! because anybody who is blindly promoting the Gvt or Mob no matter what... well.. I sure wouldn't want to be them... plus, they don't even get to see Moz! :D :p

well you've obviously not been to Canada lately either. if you saw how great the oppostion is in Canada against the government, you'd be surprised. just like morons elect republicans to run your country, the same thing happens with us. the protests against stephen harper were very strong the day he got elected prime minister, because, uh, he is a big right winged asshole.

I'll be very happy with Canada and a government that allows me to openly be a communist, and fairly run and have the freedom of being voted into the government AS a member of the Communist Party of Canada.

If you, however, want to see blind following, take a walk along the bible belt. it's quite frightening, isn't it? We have the same assholes here, those who are pro seal-clubbing, conservative voting, cattle raising assholes. They exist everywhere, not just in Canada. they're the obedient, and in most cases, ignorant majority.

P.S. The country in Orwell's "1984" was NOT Canada...just to clarify, appears that you're under that impression.

well you've obviously not been to Canada lately either. if you saw how great the oppostion is in Canada against the government, you'd be surprised. just like morons elect republicans to run your country, the same thing happens with us. the protests against stephen harper were very strong the day he got elected prime minister, because, uh, he is a big right winged asshole.

I'll be very happy with Canada and a government that allows me to openly be a communist, and fairly run and have the freedom of being voted into the government AS a member of the Communist Party of Canada.

If you, however, want to see blind following, take a walk along the bible belt. it's quite frightening, isn't it? We have the same assholes here, those who are pro seal-clubbing, conservative voting, cattle raising assholes. They exist everywhere, not just in Canada. they're the obedient, and in most cases, ignorant majority.

P.S. The country in Orwell's "1984" was NOT Canada...just to clarify, appears that you're under that impression.

Okay this one. Seems I have again hurt some Canadian feelings here. Excuse me I apologize duchess. I got carried away with the topic and took it out on Canada - I am basically no fan of any ISM
Communism... hmm. I have lived in a commune before... I have no faith in any of these political systems and my feeling is the real change can only happen on an individual basis... level... that will in turn effect the world. but vice versa will not happen. Also, I had a lover who was Canadian and I am still bitter after having loved and lost... that too might be an issue - seeping in here :/
I agree about the bible belt - and i tend to think no nations are needed but only people - individuals. I am not only a citizen of the US but also of France and proud of neither but am grateful for the practical freedoms both these passports allow (many of my friends in India are literally trapped inside the country with no hope to get a visa even as a tourist to see what clean cities with fresh air look like.)

I was raised with a french off the boat mom and travelled to France many times a year and attened summer camp from age 9 until 17 in various parts of Europe - france, spain, switzerland, holland - ussually france all summer - speaking only French... When I was 19 I left for India and stayed in that area of the world for quite some time - years. I lived in England (Sommerset) for 6 months and have been to most places I have dreamed of visiting. My live in fiji for half the year and I have friends all over the world. I lived in an International Meditation resort for many years studying meditaiton and tai chi... Thousands of visitors from all over the world - living together for months or years at a time.

in other words...
I think I am not just confined to the American experience and I can smell nationalism and the blindness it causes here. I am not going to defend America when you compare them to Canada... or vice versa... I am no fan of politicians. And I am do believe that Morrissey has every right to single out the seal hunts if he so chooses... if he is moved to do so... without having red slashes through his face or people protesting, bitching that he did not punish somebody else for doing this or that which is worse... like a kindergartener.

Back
Top Bottom