Boycott Moz

Speaking of Canada.............Stephen Harper is such a delicious hottie and I totally want to marry him!!!

What exactly are you asking Morrissey fans to boycott?
His gigs? Each one will sell out regardless, so anyone boycotting a gig will not be missed financially or physically by Morrissey.

His records? Next one (if there is one) not due out for at least a year if not longer.

Anything else?

Jukebox Jury

The word 'boycott" reminds me of a big 'Dunce' hat...

I love how some lazy posters around here, condemn Canadians for "allowing" this to happen while they're rotting at the mercy of their computers...

I was part of a small (but rather vigirous) protest here in Toronto awhile back against this horrific act. There is a frustration that goes hand in hand with not being heard. Small voices, regardless of how loud you shout are often ignored. Paul McCartney was in Canada about a year ago, that was a glitz and glamour moment, nothing was done still...I was at the Toronto show when Morrissey punished us for allowing it. I will agree with one poster when they mentioned that that comment, did NOT make any media the next day. It was all in vain.

And speaking of barbaric acts, why doesnt Moz "boycott" Texas for example? The hometown of the Master of Slaughter, George W. Bush?

never mind all this stuff about canada and seals.

we should be boycotting mr. m. 'til he gets a decent f***ing haircut and starts wearing decent clothes, again. and i don't mean those god-awful tin-foil shirts, either.

get a f***ing haircut, you prick.

duuuudesssss...my post above should have ended this sillly debate--it's been one year on!!! please reread. once again...in all his solo career, morrissey has only played 9 shows!!! 9!!! nine!!! 9 shows in Oh Canada!!

so you are only missing one toronto show!! or this could have been a tour morrissey wasn't going to play canada anyways!! SO why not make use of the opportunity and make a political statement?!?!

it's silly to say morrissey should tour canada, go city to city to raise awareness instead...there is no demand for him!!!!...9 shows!!! in over 15 years!!!!

morrissey took the easy and most rational route...join an existing PETA boycott (make political statement), because he wasn't giving up much (just, perhaps, one show and a few pissed of canadian fans).

he probably didn't realize someone like chrisarclark might come around, but he often makes haste decisions. was it somewhat silly...depends on the person. but it wasn't wrong, or so damn absurd like some of you make it out to be. it was an opportunity with little consequence for morrissey. hurrah for morrissey!!

it's not a question of how many shows Moz usually plays in Canada when he tours NA (an average of less than one)- it's that he is making the declaration that he will not play in Canada based upon the inhumane activities of Canadians whom he compares with Nazis. if Morrissey had simply not come to Canada for economic reasons (not enough demand) then id be fine with that- disappointed that iwouldnt get to see him in Toronto, but understanding.

and iknow this is what you are saying- that it has more to do with the lack of demand then the political statement- but the fact is that he portrays it as a political decision and his accussations could not be anymore harsh or ignorant. if Morrissey is making this decision by weighing the realtive pros and cons to his personal image and income then he is a shallow, opportunistic, self-obsessed hypocrite. if he is making the decison for honest political/ethcial reasons then he is an ignorant and naive trend follower. either way, its embarassing.

Those who say that if Morrissey boycotts Canada, he should also boycott this and this and this country, well it doesn't really work as an argument. It's a bit childish way of trying to show others more guilty, so you could be the good one. I've done it with my brother and sister all through childhood.
I'm not saying that Canada is the worst of all, no. Most countries do unreasonable and well, "bad" things. Someone here already said that it's better to make a statement on one subject than tens or hundreds, otherwise it wouldn't work.
I also can assure you that boycotting Canada made it much bigger news than any pregig interview or talk with fans would have. Fans alreaday know his statements, others don't. And it was on the news and it really made to people.
And I know that it's not probably comforting for canadians if I say that there are loads of other countries that Morrissey never will make part of his tour. He has been to Canada. But I also understand that this is a childlike thinking from me, the knowing of him not playing in hundreds of small countries doesn't really affect you.
I believe he did the right joice. He probably wants his fans in Canada to act, why don't you??

First of all when you tell me that somebody uses a traditional pic of some sort - I really don't care! AND I don't think shooting the animal with a rifle as it sits there helpless in the snow hobbling along is something you should be throwing a parade over either!

And you can sit here and try to act like i don't know anything whatsoever and I am dumb and stupid for saying flies instead of bees - but headsup to you! I am not the one you are trying to see play live! I could care less as I head off to the East coast Morrissey shows tee hee.

Go ahead and rant and rave about how bad everyone else is shooting deer and this and that... but the fact remains that this jerk is acting like a baby and bitching and moaning about Morrissey - justifying what the Canadians do to a certain extent saying "but he did it too! he did it first" and "its a tradition boo hoo boo hoo, they can't get any other job boo hoo boo hoo."

i really don't know and i really don't care!
but i think its ugly and i am going to see mozza.

love
s

mighty_hunter_2006.jpg

sealcull.jpg

clubbed.jpg

baby_seal_picture_T3526.jpg

sorry to all the Canadians who are not being a baby putting a slash through Mozzas face and suggesting that we boycott! sorry to you that you have to listen to this... i just think the guy who started this thread SUCKS
and so do everybody who defend Canada in the name of tradtion. I would never defend any hunter i dont care where they are from.

Last edited:
First of all when you tell me that somebody uses a traditional pic of some sort - I really don't care! AND I don't think shooting the animal with a rifle as it sits there helpless in the snow hobbling along is something you should be throwing a parade over either!

And you can sit here and try to act like i don't know anything whatsoever and I am dumb and stupid for saying flies instead of bees - but headsup to you! I am not the one you are trying to see play live! I could care less as I head off to the East coast Morrissey shows tee hee.

Go ahead and rant and rave about how bad everyone else is shooting deer and this and that... but the fact remains that this jerk is acting like a baby and bitching and moaning about Morrissey - justifying what the Canadians do to a certain extent saying "but he did it too! he did it first" and "its a tradition boo hoo boo hoo, they can't get any other job boo hoo boo hoo."

i really don't know and i really don't care!
but i think its ugly and i am going to see mozza.

love
s

mighty_hunter_2006.jpg

sealcull.jpg

clubbed.jpg

baby_seal_picture_T3526.jpg

sorry to all the Canadians who are not being a baby putting a slash through Mozzas face and suggesting that we boycott! sorry to you that you have to listen to this... i just think the guy who started this thread SUCKS
and so do everybody who defend Canada in the name of tradtion. I would never defend any hunter i dont care where they are from.

Good on you!!!More pics like this.It makes me weep to see how any so called human being can do this.I hope the men that do this suffer hideous deaths themselves one day and then rot in hell.
And as for the vile disgusting women who wear these beautiful seals i hope they get cancer or something.Infact I place the lives of the baby seals and their poor wretched mothers above these disgusting members of the human race.

never mind all this stuff about canada and seals.

we should be boycotting mr. m. 'til he gets a decent f***ing haircut and starts wearing decent clothes, again. and i don't mean those god-awful tin-foil shirts, either.

get a f***ing haircut, you prick.

Yeah. I mean, f***ing hell, his haircut is awful - what a c***, maybe we should burn his records in the street and then kill him :rolleyes: Talk about trivial ...

Yeah. I mean, f***ing hell, his haircut is awful - what a c***, maybe we should burn his records in the street and then kill him :rolleyes: Talk about trivial ...

are you seriously trying to tell me you think people should be expected to buy anything produced by a man with a hairdo like that?

f.f.s. have a word with yourself

are you seriously trying to tell me you think people should be expected to buy anything produced by a man with a hairdo like that?

f.f.s. have a word with yourself

Are you seriously telling me the reason you won't buy anything of Morrissey's is because he has a haircut like that?

Are you seriously telling me the reason you won't buy anything of Morrissey's is because he has a haircut like that?

you seem surprised!!

in god's name... look at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Taking action, making a stand, is a reasoned and an emotional thing. It's an individual choice about what people feel is intolerable and must be resisted. It's not for me to say "you must support this" . But I can say "these are the reasons I believe, won't you join me?"

Likewise, I can deplore the indifference of those who reject my invitation. But there are so many things wrong with the world it's impossible to fight them all. I have to marshall my energies most productively and satisfy my conscience alone.

I feel sad for those Canadian fans who will miss out.
But Morrissey, like everyone else, doesn't have an obligation to tour there, he doesn't owe anyone.

It's interesting that so many people feel there is no point trying to resist the politicians. They want to give that impression so people don't challenge them. But protest and activism can have an effect so long as it doesn't repel people by sinking into excesses of violence and destruction.

This has been an interesting debate.

morrisseys hair = hot

youre just jealous you cant pull it off.

and about those baby seals-
i hope all the people involved are skinned alive and thrown in a tub full of salt. and then made to wear their own hideous hides as jackets and put them on a runway :)

Last edited:
Dear pissed off Canadian dude,

Look to the destruction being done in your homeland and in the name of your fellow countrymen. Lobby your local government, lobby your national government, lobby anyone who has a big enough brain to get this culling STOPPED.

In the meantime, accept that much of the rest of the world (in particular Europe) find these actions disgusting and shameful.
Morrissey, play wherever and whenever you want. The man is admirable for standing up for his principles and not being afraid of the consequent villification he receives.

Lux

it's not a question of how many shows Moz usually plays in Canada when he tours NA (an average of less than one)- it's that he is making the declaration that he will not play in Canada based upon the inhumane activities of Canadians whom he compares with Nazis. if Morrissey had simply not come to Canada for economic reasons (not enough demand) then id be fine with that- disappointed that iwouldnt get to see him in Toronto, but understanding.

and iknow this is what you are saying- that it has more to do with the lack of demand then the political statement- but the fact is that he portrays it as a political decision and his accussations could not be anymore harsh or ignorant. if Morrissey is making this decision by weighing the realtive pros and cons to his personal image and income then he is a shallow, opportunistic, self-obsessed hypocrite. if he is making the decison for honest political/ethcial reasons then he is an ignorant and naive trend follower. either way, its embarassing.

yes, i guess there are MANY ways of looking at it.

it's that he is making the declaration that he will not play in Canada based upon the inhumane activities of Canadians whom he compares with Nazis.

that and his remark about china in my opinion are silly, which is why i wouldn't use those metaphors. BUT others are more COLORFUL in their metaphors. Morrissey is one who has used such EXAGGERATED, COLORFUL comparisons/metaphors in the past and present--about pop stars, politicians, the police--and I am not to say they are wrong. they just are what they are. don't get all frustrated over it. It's Morrissey-like.

chrisarclark, we had the same debates a year ago. i also pointed out then that it seems some canadians are not used to criticism. I GUARANTEE you that if US is compared to a Nazi-state or to humans rights abuses, by Morrissey or anyone else, we wouldn't get pissed off. WHY? BECAUSE WE ARE USED TO TAKING CRITICISM--BOTH FROM THE INSIDE AND OUTSIDE. You are not, and some of you Canadians can't take it. It wasn't about YOU, it was about your GOVERNMENT.

now, take a chill pill..enjoy the Montreal-Toronto game. listen to Don Cherry. and smile, you may someday be part of this world after all. All you need is a backbone and a clear head.

Morrissey had the opportunity to join a boycott and he took it.

Last edited:
Listen HIM fan, why dont you f*** orf back to canada how dare you take the piss out of morrisseys barnet when you have the likes of DAVID HASSLEHOFF in your country. why dont you and the little shit who started this thread cut out the middle man and just LOG OFF THIS SITE ,stop trying use morrisseys image to get attention! by the way your probably just jealous because you are bald as a canadian coot and have no money or talent or friends.

i'm not canadian; i just have discerning taste in hairdos and, let's face it, the f***er needs to get that thing shaved.

i'm not buying any more morrissey product 'til he takes action. in fact, i'm not even gonna listen to his records, 'til it happens!

HAIRCUT
NOW!!!!​

i'm not buying any more morrissey product 'til he takes action. in fact, i'm not even gonna listen to his records, 'til it happens!

Can't really support your boycott, I like his hair. But stabbing seals til they're bloodless is something I really disgust. So I do support Morrissey's boycott.

Back
Top Bottom