Boycott Moz

I refuse to believe that Morrissey is a PETA puppet.

That’s your prerogative; I won’t try and change your mind, you could well be correct, but is it not coincidental that Morrissey chooses to boycott Canada around the same time People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals declares a world wide boycott of Canada and Canadian produce?

I am sure Morrissey didn’t want to boycott Canada, but as he is a popular face of P.E.T.A he had little choice in the matter and the small fact Canada’s annual seal slaughter goes against his ethical approach to life, I do not blame him.

if this is the case- that Morrissey, being a cause-celeb for PETA, felt as if he had no choice but to join in PETA's boycott against Canada- then that is a sad statement about Morrissey. for someone who has made a living, a reputatation, a legend out of being an outspoken non-conformist, it would be a pretty pathetic admission to say that he merely tows the line for the naive activists at PETA.

it would show Morrissey to be more than a little confused if, by boycotting Canada in this manner, he feels he is simply following PETA protocol. PETA has not abadonned their operations and campaigns in Canada as a result of "revelations" about the seal hunt- if anything, the seal hunt causes groups like PETA to ramp up their efforts inside Canada in hopes of effecting change in the issues that matter to them. for Morrissey to translate PETA's boycott of Canada as "do not go to Canada" would be missing the mark completely.

finally, there are many things in this world, in every country, that go against individuals' ethical approaches to life. the answer is not to make a blatantly inaccurate blanket statement and then turn away from everything and everyone, rather it is to attempt to engage others in intelligent debate about the issues in an effort to broker a compromise that tends closer to the ideal. without even getting into the hypocrisy and/or ignorance that surrounds Morrissey's actions, his boycott is an immature response capable of having little or no positive effect on the issue.

I'm not sure whether people on here are genuinely uneducated in how political pressure groups work or if they are misunderstanding on purpose. :confused:

This protest is not really about Morrissey. It's a Peta campaign, and being a member of Peta and believing in their aims he's not in a position to suddenly decide that he's not going to support them anymore just because it's a bit inconvenient for some people.

If you join a campaigning group and then decide you're not going to join in, there's not really much point in you joining in the first place is there?

when you vote for a party or candidate in an election, do you agree with every single item of their platform? if he wished, Morrissey could be a card carrying PETA member and, at the same time, not supposrt or agree with every one of their initiatives. if he decided to continue to play shows in Canada it would not mean that he would hav to renouce his PETA membership.

for Morrissey to translate PETA's boycott of Canada as "do not go to Canada" would be missing the mark completely.

No it wouldn't because Peta have called for a commercial boycott on Canada and that is exactly what Morrissey is doing, along with many other members. :confused:

He has made a choice to join forces with Peta, therefore he has to join in with their protests. It's nothing to do with not being an individual. It's to do with how political pressure works. You have to team up or no one listens.

But what's the point in trying to explain it to you. You're either determined to ignore the point or are too thick to grasp it.

i think that boycott was really silly. both yours and morrissey's. as a canadian fan, i can see how you're dissatisfied that he's not coming here. it's silly. my motto is "boycott all or boycott none". I don't see how the US is better when it comes to animal rights...more over, something like 80% of the soil is used for animal "farming". That, and he wears Gucci...that's like ordering fries at McDonald's when you're a vegan/vegetarian...

.I understand that the poor artist can't boycott the whole world because of animal rights issues, he'd have nowhere to play, and just for that reason, instead of being hypocritical, don't boycott countries as countries...boycott organizations and institutions responsible. Kind of like Gucci....who buys the most baby seal fur out of all haute couture houses.

But I suppose Gucci pour homme is difficult to give up...a few thousands of Canadian fans are however, are another story.

when you vote for a party or candidate in an election, do you agree with every single item of their platform? if he wished, Morrissey could be a card carrying PETA member and, at the same time, not supposrt or agree with every one of their initiatives. if he decided to continue to play shows in Canada it would not mean that he would hav to renouce his PETA membership.
It would make him a total hypocrite though. Don't be ridiculous. Anyway, it's obvious he disagrees with the seal hunt so why on earth would he not agree with their action and join forces with them?

That’s your prerogative; I won’t try and change your mind, you could well be correct, but is it not coincidental that Morrissey chooses to boycott Canada around the same time People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals declares a world wide boycott of Canada and Canadian produce?

You may be right, but i still don't think it was a clever move.

And I dont mean to support the "Boycott Morrissey" campaign ;) the man has his foibles, just like us.

I'm gonna boycott Moz because his fans are annoying :p

no really, i know people who ban moz because of his fans.

if this is the case- that Morrissey, being a cause-celeb for PETA, felt as if he had no choice but to join in PETA's boycott against Canada- then that is a sad statement about Morrissey. for someone who has made a living, a reputatation, a legend out of being an outspoken non-conformist, it would be a pretty pathetic admission to say that he merely tows the line for the naive activists at PETA.

it would show Morrissey to be more than a little confused if, by boycotting Canada in this manner, he feels he is simply following PETA protocol. PETA has not abadonned their operations and campaigns in Canada as a result of "revelations" about the seal hunt- if anything, the seal hunt causes groups like PETA to ramp up their efforts inside Canada in hopes of effecting change in the issues that matter to them. for Morrissey to translate PETA's boycott of Canada as "do not go to Canada" would be missing the mark completely.

finally, there are many things in this world, in every country, that go against individuals' ethical approaches to life. the answer is not to make a blatantly inaccurate blanket statement and then turn away from everything and everyone, rather it is to attempt to engage others in intelligent debate about the issues in an effort to broker a compromise that tends closer to the ideal. without even getting into the hypocrisy and/or ignorance that surrounds Morrissey's actions, his boycott is an immature response capable of having little or no positive effect on the issue.

It’s not a sad state for Morrissey to ‘conform’ to pressure groups wishes, Morrissey does not have enough clout to make change by his own admission, and he has to work within a framework in order to bring about change. I’d hardly call the people who are members of P.E.T.A, naïve, not when they are making a stand against practises they do not agree with, it might be naïve to believe they will be successful, but at least they get off their backside and rally together to bring about change.

I don’t understand how is it confusing to follow P.E.T.A’s protocol? Morrissey is helping add much needed weight to a cause that millions of people worldwide support. I never said P.E.T.A have boycotted their operations in Canada, if they were to do that then how would they hope to bring about change. I know a few people who are campaigners for P.E.T.A and they have informed me that people living in and outside of Canada, are boycotting Canadian produce and by boycotting small things (which isn’t going to bankrupt Canada) they can have some impact on the Canadian Governments viewpoint. Whether or not they’ll be successful remains to be seen.

Morrissey’s boycott might well be solely down to his ethical view point on the situation, I do not know the ins and outs of this, I am going by what I’ve read and heard, there is a boycott on Canada as far as I am aware and I am pretty sure Morrissey isn’t the only celebrity to have chosen to boycott Canada.

You’ll have to take up your last point with Morrissey, I am sure he won’t lose any sleep over boycotting Canada, but good luck with your campaign.

I'm not sure whether people on here are genuinely uneducated in how political pressure groups work or if they are misunderstanding on purpose. :confused:

Who are you referring to here?

You may be right, but i still don't think it was a clever move.

And I dont mean to support the "Boycott Morrissey" campaign ;) the man has his foibles, just like us.

Whether or not it was a clever move, it’s happened and Morrissey won’t change his stance overnight, the Canadian fans will just have to put themselves out a bit more and perhaps travel to America to watch their beloved Morrissey.

Duchess, exactly!!
When will he boycott Gucci??
:mad:

judging by the whole 'banker' getup he's sporting these days...it's going to take some time. hopefully people from PETA or Kristeen Young will point out the hypocrisy to him...the only two institutions that appear to be able to reason with him these days...

judging by the whole 'banker' getup he's sporting these days...it's going to take some time. hopefully people from PETA or Kristeen Young will point out the hypocrisy to him...the only two institutions that appear to be able to reason with him these days...

how does kristeen young appear to be able to reason with Morrissey?

she's just a project, on morrissey's label. she makes money, he makes money. it's that simple i'm afraid.

No. It isn't

It's a very apathetic subject for most people. Trust me. If you go around showing people pictures of hunters clubbing seals to death, much like I did four years ago, people will know it's "unfair", "wrong", and "disgusting". But that's the only reaction you'll get.
The canadian people really have the upper hand here and they don't even know it or care to know for that matter.
Do you really think if the entire state of Missouri came together and said, "We as Missourians are against the slaughter of seals in Canada. Stop." Do you think the canadian government CARES? No. As distressing as it may sounds, it's a canadian matter.
People like me who live in southern california can only do so much. No one cares because it doesn't infiltrate their lives. It doesn't disrupt their mindless schedules. I have to resort to boycotting. And that is why I understand why Morrissey is doing the same. The end.

guccifurzm3.jpg

Gucci winter collection 2006.

YUK!!

Back
Top Bottom